Chapter 22

Playing With Danger

-you-

it's been over a week. kiseop hasn't shown up yet. i started going to work with jaehyo everyday now. I told him that he didn't have to pay me since im living in his apartment and all, but he insisted. the weekend had finally arrived, and i stayed at home.  jaehyo, too, didnt go to work. after working hard everyday for the past few weeks he decided that he deserved a break. all i did that day was sit on my bedroom florr with my knees tucked up under my arms, staring blankly at the wall in front of me. i cleared my mind of everything, because i didnt want to think about anything. because no matter what i thought about, it always seemed to lead back to kiseop. jaehyo walked in and took a seat on the floor next to me. "do you want to go shopping?" he asked. i shook my head. "do you... want to go for a walk?" i shook my head again. "do you want to go out for dinner?" "no." i said. "alright, your loss.." he said, "i guess i'll go out and get chinese take out for dinner. I'll be back soon, okay?" "nae." Jaehyo left the room, and everything was quiet again. "eotteokhae?" i asked myself. i had to stop pretending kiseop was going to walk through the door and come kiss me at any given moment, because he wasn't. it's been a week, my hopes are slowly dying. I needed to figure out what i was going to do, because right now my life wasn't moving forward. i'm stuck with my memories. sweet, sweet memories.

~

"____! i'm home! food is on the table, come join me and eat!" jaehyo hollered. "arraso~" i said. On the dining room table was a small spread of various foods: white rice, stir fry, sweet and sour chicken, and more. "dig in~" jaehyo said, gesturing towards the food. i nodded, grabbed my plate and took a seat at the table. i picked at my food with my chopsticks and ate it little by little. "is it good?" jaehyo smiled. "nae~ very good." i smiled back. We sat in silence for a while, until i decided to speak up. "Umm... Jaehyo.." I said. "..nae?" "I..I w-want to..." i stuttered and paused. I took a deep breath and started again. "I-I want to move out to California." i said quickly. "what...?" "I want to move to California," i said firmly, "I can't stand it here anymore. Call me crazy, but I really don't think he's coming back. If he does, email me or something. But I want to start over. Without Eli, cherishing my memories of kiseop and I, and.. yeah. just starting fresh. I've lived there before, when I had lived in the USA before going to South Korea. I'll be fine." "Oh... I understand... well, I have no right to hold you back. If that's what you want to do, go for it. I'll always be here for you if you ever need anything. You've got my number, so just give me a call whenever. ah... when exactly do you plan on leaving?" Jaehyo said. "I was thinking about it while you were out and... I figured, the sooner the better. I already purchased a plane ticket for LA that leaves 8am tomorrow morning...." i said. "ah, jinjja? leaving so soon?" he pouted. "naee~ I'm really sorry to leave you alone. but at least you've got some family here~" I smiled at him. "Nae, you're right. but, aren't you going to get lonely?" he said curiously. "aniyo. I'll be fine. i'm used to it." i reassured. "aigoo, if you say so. would you like help packing?" "sure~"

~
Jaehyo drove me to the airport that morning. The next stop inside the airport was security check, and those not travelling can't go past that. Before going through, Jaehyo and I talked once more. "are you sure you have to go?" he asked. "nae~ don't worry. we'll still be in touch." i said, giving him a half-hearted smile. "guess so. well, good luck with your 'new life', _____. best of wishes to you!" he said, giving me a quick friendly hug. "thank you~ I'll do my best." i said. "arraso. annyeong, ______!" jaehyo waved as i walked over to security check. I waved back and smiled. "annyeong, Jaehyo!"

~

later that day, around 2pm, my plane landed in LA. The sight was familar to me, since I've been through this airport mulitple times. I weaved my way through the crowds to the baggage pick up, then outdoors. Waving my hand for a taxi, I pulled out a little slip of paper that had the address of the new apartment I'd be staying in. I climbed into the cab and read off the paper, telling the driver where to go. we soon pulled up to a nice looking apartment building, which i assumed was where i was living. "this is the place!" the cab driver said. "okay~ thank you!" i said as i payed the driver. I stepped out of the cab, trailing my suitcase behind me, and looked at the building. "my new home." i said quitely to myself. I hiked up the front stairs into the main office, where i got the key for my new apartment. the room was on the 4th floor, which was the 2nd to last floor in the whole place. I unlocked the door and stepped in. The room was small, but still roomy for me. I found it similar to Jaehyo's apartment, just on a smaller scale. A little kitchen with a 2-person table, one bedroom, a small living room, one full bathroom, and a closet. It was the perfect size for me. The colors were great too. Most of the walls were light baby blue, and if not, they were white. I headed into the bedroom and began to unpack my clothes into the bureau. "I'm gonna have to go shopping tonight...there's so much I need." i said to myself. I went to the kitchen and found a pad of paper and pen on the table, both with the apartment's name and logo on them. I started making a list of necessities that I needed to buy. Groceries, towels, toiletry items... I paused my writing when i heard someone knock on the door. I walked over and opened it. "Hello, I'm your new neighbor. I live in the apartment next door to you on the left. I got you some food since I figured you wouldn't have any when you came. It's nice to meet you." He said. I stared at his face for a moment and realized just what was happening. "H...H..H-HOON?!"

 

-------------------------

A/N:

OMGGGG OMGGG. LOL. Okay guys...looking back at old chapters... why the heck do i use baking as an activity so much?? xDD maybe my mind secretly wants to be a chef when i grow up. LOL. and also that my chapters used to be so short... only 4 pieces of notebook paper front and back. now i use like... 6. AMAZINGGGG. yeah.

I fell so bad when I see your comments about how you all want kiseop back and i feel so bad OTL. but then i stop because im the author, and i know everything thats going on :DD kekekekeke.

surprised by the end of this chapter? I THINK SO ;D

btw, i changed my tumblr username. again. its kkumkkugo32.tumblr.com

LOVE,maknaelove32

PS: i started writing a new fanfic. I will post it after I finish this one. Playing with Danger is my first priority ^^v