Chapter 1 :3

Playing With Danger

I began walking out of the coffee shop I worked at into the night air. Of course, I had to stay late and clean up after the stupid idiots that come in a don't give a crap that if they make a mess and that I'm the one that has to clean it up. But as usual I can't yell at them, pshh I'd lose my job sadly enough. I walked down the quiet streets of Seoul to my little apartment space near the bad side of town. Oh, yeah. There's a unsafe side of town. Truthfully even for the time I've been living there, it's still not good for me to be. I still get hollered at by all of the drunks on the road or pushed around by randomly pissed off people that hang around. I turned the corner into the "bad side" and looked around. Across the road from me, a couple guys in a fight. To my right against the wall is a guy smoking, looking like he could pass put. Ahead of me, broken street lamp lights and the single one near my dorm that flickers on and off. It's 5 minutes more before I reach my front door of my little space of a home. You would think I'd move out of this place. But I can't. The coffee shop doesnt make me much money to be able to afford it. I continued walking down the familiar dimly lit sidewalk when a group of men walked up to me. "hey little lady how's it going?" "wow oh wow yeppo yeppo" "shut the hell up man she's mine" said a man who approached me, and put his hand on my cheek with a smirk on his face. "yo Eli you move too fast" said one with dark brown hair. "Shukkiro jaeseop" the guy name Eli snapped. "oohh someone's pissed" said the blonde feminine one. "hey babe ignore these guys and come with me" said one with a soft face expression, that had a dark feel to it.  "hoon, give up already would ya?" one man with black hair and a young look said As he smacked 'hoon' on the back of the head. "dongho you be quiet. I wouldn't be talking" said hoon to the young black haired boy. Eli held the side of my face and turned my attention back to him.  "dont listen to them.." he whispered in my ear. "let's go somewhere, huh babe?"  I stood there silent and looked at him with a scared look on my face.  "aw. How cute. Don't be scared babe I'm not gonna harm you.." Eli leaned in close to my face and breathed heavily. He brought up is other hand and held my face with a grip. "apayo.." I whimpered. "aw sorry babe...I'll make it better.." then he started kissing anywhere on my face. I tried hard to wriggle from his grasp but he held me tight, his arms around me and close to him. Every chance I got I tried to slap him in the face or kick him. When I attempted slapping, though, fast as lightening it seemed he grabbed my wrist and said, "uh uh no you don't~" and lowered my hand back down to my side. If I kicked, I lost balance. Suddenly Eli stopped and dropped me. I fell on the ground and hit my head against the concrete. Before I passed out, I saw a different, pale and handsome boy in a fight with Eli. I watched dizzily as Eli fell to the ground, and the other boy rushed over to me and picked me up. After that, I don know what happened. I went unconscious in the boys strong arms.

~ ~ ~

I woke up in the middle of the night and peered at my clock. 2am. How did I get back home..? Then I heard my closet door open, and a dark figure slowly came out. "KYAAAA!!" I screamed in fear, as I threw one of my high heels that was on the floor next to my bed. There was no smacking noise, no wince of pain, nothing. The figure stepped out into my room holding the high heel, caught in his hand. "you shouldnt throw things at strangers," he started, "...especially ones who saved your from trouble." he said coldly. K was silent. The boy was very handsome, with a distinct jaw-line, soft lips, eyes I could melt in, and layered black hair. His clothes were dirty, but very high class looking. I caught myself staring, and hid under my blankets as soon as I realized it. In an instant I felt a body hovering over me next to the bed. Slowly I felt a hand pull the covers back and peered at me with deep eyes. I shut my eyes in fear wondering what he was gonna do. "sit up" he said. "w..what?" I stuttered. "I said, sit up" he said impatiently. With caution I sat up and scooted back against the backboard of my bed. He leaned in close to me and whispered, "don't be afraid, ____, I'm not gonna hurt you.." I was startled. "h..how d..do you know my n..name?" he didn't answer. He just put his hands on my shaking shoulders. "calm....calm down. Tell me, how did you run into those boys?" he asked seriously. "I... I was just walking home from work.. And I ran into them by accident.." the boy sighed and looked away. "from now on, your riding home from work with me. If you ever need help, just call my name." he paused and looked back up at me. "my name is kiseop. Lee kiseop." and with that he left, out through the window. I whispered his name quietly to myself. "lee kiseop..." in a flash he was up sitting in the window sill. "what? I just left and you already need me?" kiseop said annoyed. "a-Aniyo..." I said no making eye contact. "arra, annyeong _____." he said with a sigh. And with that he left into the city streets of Seoul. ~ Once he left, I sat there staring at nothing with a million questions running through my head. Why did he help me? How does he know where I live? Where did he disappear? Will be really always come when I call his name? I sighed and layed back down to sleep. 

~ ~ ~

After smacking my alarm clock everywhere I could until I found the snooze button, I drearily got out of bed. I stumbled into the kitchen and made myself some quick breakfast and went back into my bedroom to get dressed for work. I slipped on a pair of skinny jeans and a cream colored top, with a long colorful necklace to compliment it. My face was all cleaned up and had little makeup on it, giving me a natural look. Grabbing my sling bag, I headed out the door and down the apartment stairs and beaded to work. It was a long day in the coffee shop. There were little customers for whatever reason, and nothing else to do. The floors were already swept, garbage cans emptied, and counters wiped clean. Leaning on my elbows over the front counter, I glared the the clock. Finally the minute and hour hand struck 9:30pm. I took off my apron and rushed out the door. I stopped in my tracks when I noticed who was waiting outside for me. Kiseop. He was leaning against a sleek but casual black car, which apparently was his. Kiseop looked at me with no expression on his face. "kaja, ____" he said. I stood there in awe. He really did mean it when he said I'd be riding with him. The boy walked around to the drivers side and looked back at me. "Pali pali, _____, you should be getting home now". As I nodded I walked over to his car, opened the door and buckled up. I took a deep breath. His car smelled like... chocolate. Maybe you think I'm crazy, but it did. Kiseop started the car and headed towards my house. As we neared my place, we passed by the group of boys from yesterday. I noticed Eli.. But he didn't seem to acknowledge me. Instead he was giving kiseop a death glare. I peeked over at kiseop and he was doing the same. He continued driving and pulled up to my apartment. We both got out of the car and went inside. Kiseop followed me into my room in silence. I walked over to the window and looked outside. Without a sound kiseop came up and stood next to me. I felt his stare and was nervous to meet it. "ill be going now, _____." he said emotionless. All of a sudden his arms were around me, hugging me tight. He kissed my forehead and bid me goodnight, before he hopped out the window. I held my face in shock and stared blankly out the window. In a daze a sat down in the window sill and looked out into the dim city lights. What I didn't know is that this whole time, there was someone in the darkness of the town watching my every move.

~ ~ ~

-no ones pov-

  Eli peeked around the corner of the building he was hiding behind and up at ______. He watched her as she awkwardly hugged kiseop back before he left. Seeing _____ take a seat in the window by herself in a daze, he decided to go. Stealthily he creeped out into the deserted street. He jumped, yes jumped, up to the window on the second floor.

-your pov-

*bang!* something, or in this case someone, jumped onto and was clinging onto your window. You fell off the sill onto your bedroom floor and noticed a familiar figure. Long-ish nose, long jaw line, and his muscles. "Eli what do you want from me? You keep haunting me practically. You always show up in the streets in front of me with that stupid smirk, and even last night you haunted my dream. Get out my sight!!" I screamed as I tried pushing him off and out of the window. But truthfully he didn't move an inch. I stepped back with my mouth open. Eli chuckled and smirked at me. Slowly he stepped out of the window and grabbed me. He began pushing me backwards till fell on my bed, and he fell on top of me. Caressing my cheek and snapping my head to look at him, he had a look of lust in his eyes. Thats when I screamed as loud as I could. "KISEOP!!!!!"  Eli slapped me really hard. He had hit near my eye, and it felt hurt and almost swollen. "hah...he's not gonna come dearie. Sure, he told you he would, but isn't that impossible?!" he whispered to me with anger. "w..well ...isn't you jumping into my window kind of ..impossible...too.?" Eli scowled at me with disgust. He laughed hysterically "at this point does it matter? Can't you see? Me, my gang..And kiseop...we're not natural. And uh, no, we're not vampires or any stupid stuff like that. We have no name, we just are. Supernatural strength, speed, hearing..." "jumping.." I interrupted. He slapped me again, making me bite my lip and bleed. "shut up when I'm talking, babe.let me ask you. What makes you think kiseop is any better than me or the other guys? Huh? HUH?" he yelled in frustration. Just then, a quiet thud. "well I believe that I'm much kinder to her and care more for _____'s feelings than you do, Eli." said an emotionless voice. Kiseop. Eli stood up and ran over to attack. Kiseop jumped from his place over top Eli, landing in front of me. I peered from around his perfect body and looked at Eli. His fists were clenched, grinding his teeth, and an expression on his face saying he's ready to murder someone. "you wanna play games with me, kiseop?!" he lunged for him, when kiseop threw a quick and slight punch aimed for his face. It knocked him hard in the head like 1000 tons. Guess you could call that his iron fist. At this point it seems kiseop is stronger than Eli. But I was wrong. Eli stood up without struggle with a devilish approach to kiseop. He grabbed kiseop by the neck and pinned his to the wall. "when are you gonna stop acting like your not a monster? Huh? Who the hell do you think you are? Surely not a pretty boy in love, am I right?! Answer me kiseop!!". Kiseop was unfazed by his yelling. He managed stutter out a reply. "so what? Who said I wanted to be like this? At least I'm not abusing my strengths and running around town being a ert. I might be a dangerous person on the outside, but on the inside, maybe I am that little pretty boy in love". With that, Eli let go of kiseop. Kiseop slid down the wall onto the floor, weak. Before he left, Eli looked at me and said, "well,  _____, I hope you enjoy playing with danger" he said with a smirk.