Chapter 21

Playing With Danger

-your pov-

When I woke up the next day, kiseop and jaehyo were already gone at work. i had another long and boring day ahead of me. i went into the kitchen to make breakfast; just a simple couple pieces of toast, some strawberries, and a tall glass of orange juice. While eating, i held my hand out on the table in front of me, admiring my ring. "husband..." i said to myself, "kiseop...is going to be...my husband. and im going to be his wife." i became giddy at the thought. i began to daydream about us being married; living together, the hugs, the kisses, and so on. for today, i decided just to relax. read a book, watch a movie, sleep. just a simple day.

~

There was a knock on the door, so i stood up from the couch were i was sitting and unlocked the door. Jaehyo walked in by himself. "...where's kiseop?" i asked. "oh, he said he needed to get something at the store after work. he'll be home soon." he smiled.  "okay!" i said, skipping into the kitchen. "what would you like for dinner? i can make it." "hmm.. do we have the makings for spaghetti?" he asked. I opened the cupboards and scanned them for noodles, sauce, and meatballs in the freezer. Yes, we do! I'll start cooking now~" i said.

~

Kiseop still hadn't come home yet and it was past 7pm. Jaehyo and i decided to eat without kiseop and saved some leftovers for him in the firdige. "did.... kiseop say what it was he needed to get?" i asked jaehyo. "umm... no he didn't. he he said that he was going to be home in time for dinner." jaehyo said. i flopped down onto the couch next to him and sighed. "i suppose he hasn't answered your phone calls then huh?" "yeah. either his phone battery is dead or... ah, i dont even know. dont worry too much, _____, im sure he'll be back by morning, at the latest." jaehyo said, patting my back. "thanks... i think im going to go to bed now. wake me up if kiseop comes home, okay?" "nae~ sleep well, ____."

~

Around 3am I woke up in a cold sweat, panicking. I was clutching the life out of my pilow, and all of the blankets that were on the bad had been kicked to the floor. when i reached out across the bed to find kiseop, i remembered that he wasnt there. silent tears fell one by one down my pink cheeks. "kiseoppie oppa.... where are you?" i whimpered to myself. i buried my face in the mattress and cried. so many possible bad endings ran through my head, as my mind tried to figure out where he was. did he get lost? was he attacked? injured? I didnt want to think of anything more. calming myself down became difficult. i went and got myself a glass of water in the kitchen and gulped it down. i checked on jaehyo, who was fast asleep, and went back to my room. my tears had stopped and dried. the blankets when i pulled them over me were already so comfortable when i lay in bed again. "please be here when i wake up again," i whispered quitely, "please."

~

There was no warm, muscular body next to me when i woke up that morning. i trudged out into the living room and saw that kiseop was not in there, either. i looked to jaehyo for an answer. "didnt come yet." jaehyo said, making eye contact with me. "alright" i sighed and drooped my shoulders. "hey, do you want to come with me to work today?" he asked. i remembered how kiseop had wanted me to join him at work one day too. part of me wanted to decline jaehyo's offer to go, because i wanted to go with kiseop first. but if i didnt go, id just lie in bed all day, sulking. "sure, ill go." i said. "great! lets see.... we have to leave in 15 minutes. can you be ready?" I nodded. " 'kay! ill just be waiting here til you're done."
~

when kiseop told me that working at jaehyo's bakery was fun, he was right. it's very fun. it kept my mind drifted away fom the fact that kiseop wasn't here. i sat at a table in the back of the shop frosting sugar cookies; easy enough. spread the white frosting evenly across the cookie, then cover with multicolored sprinkles. they looked absolutely delicious. "how are you doing?" jaehyo asked, peeking around the corner. "good~" i said as i the extra frosting off of my fingers. "taste good, right?" jaehyo chuckled. "you can eat one. you've been working hard since we got here." "gomawo~" i said, and ate one of the cookies. it was very soft and yummy. "wanna try decorating a cake with me?" he asked. i nodded excitedly and got up to follow him. we went to the front counter area where people could watch us decorate if they wanted to. "lets see... we'll make the whole cake pink, and line the edges with white. then we'll make some flowers int he center with these little bags of icing. does that sound good?" jaehyo said as he pulled out bunches of colors of frosting. "it sounds great!" i said. we both took a spatula and covered the entire vanilla cake with light pink frosting. then jaehyo took a bag of white frosting and put a special spout on it so that when the frosting came out, it had ridges on it. "okay, now this is how you amke the flowers..." he said as he slowly demonstrated on the cake. "doesn't seem too difficult.." i said. i grabbed a bag of light blue frosting and made my own. "pretty good.... for an amateur." jaehyo said, patting me on the head. "yah~" i hit his arm lightly. "kidding, kidding. you did really well."

--------

A/N:

yeeeyyy here i am :3 i hope you enjoyed this chapter~!! rawr. school's almost done for me! *whew*. and my DoraDora album and A Shared Dream album are both supposed to come in the mail for me with week, so im excited :D

for those who don't exactly know...haha... idk why you wouldnt. but just in case. Jaehyo is a member of Block B. He used to be an ulzzang (like seoppie!) heres a pic of him ^^