chapter two

Puppet

 

My phone started buzzing, notifying me to go to bed since I will have school tomorrow. I had to constantly remind myself to sleep because sometimes I just forgot to sleep and end up being late to school or not going at all. Jongup had introduced me how to use the Iphone correctly and I had learned that we have this one app where they remind you to sleep at a specific time if you set it up. I rolled over and pulled up the blanket. I scrolled my timeline for the last time and replied some messages before I actually put my phone down.

 

Just when I was about to close my eyes, I heard soft music was playing. Usually at night, I would put my earphones on but I tend to forget. I got up and searched for my earphone. I went to my study table to grabbed my earphones and my steps just stopped. I tried to listen to the song. I think it’s a new song because it seemed to have that funky, cute vibe which was something that man doesn’t write often. Honestly, I purposely put my study table on this side so that I can listen to his music more often.

 

Ah, I seemed like a sasaeng fan right now..

 

Pouting, I took a seat on my chair and took out my notebook. The notebook was special for him. Everytime he makes a new song, I would listen to it and jotted down the lyrics. It was the only way to, well, get to know him better. Most of the time he would do fierce songs and mostly rap. Well, duh.. he is an underground musician. How dumb can I be? But when he write romantic songs, trust me, it sounds so sincere and so realistic. Something that I could relate to with my life.

 

It’s alright, it’s alright, it’s alright baby

I want to confess to you

I want you babe, I need you girl, I want you baby

 

Without myself noticing, I was smiling at those lyrics. He must be a sweet guy. Whoever dates him is crazy lucky to have him as their boyfriend. I closed my notebook and went to sleep without even putting my earphones on because I rather go to sleep at night hearing this hoarse, deep, caveman voice of this Bang Yongnam guy.

 

 

**

 

 

I woke up when I heard my door was being knocked hard and loud. Quickly grabbing my jacket, I ran to the door and put on the hoodie before opening it. I struggled to open my eyes but his voice had me shot them wide opened. “Morning, Jiae,” he greeted, tilting his head to the side a little as he grinned. I couldn’t even smile back because I wasn’t fully awake. Did I mention I am not a morning person? I raised my hand and waved a little. He chuckled at my actions.

 

“Urm, me and my brother is making some small food night tonight. He’s bringing some friends over. Do you want to join as well?” he bit his lips, nervously rubbing the back of his neck. He looked slightly different from yesterday. Was it because of his hairstyle? I couldn’t tell. I pulled my hoodie down a little bit, biting my lips as well. “Is it even okay if I join?” I mumbled. I may be a partial social butterfly but being in a home with some boys that I don’t even know that well.. WHAT IF I GET BECAUSE OF THIS? 

 

He smiled and nodded. He always smiles as if he was doing some toothpaste commercial. “Of course! I’ll ring your door later,” he was about to leave then, he stopped. “Oh and you have the same hoodie as mine,” he chuckled and left to his house.

 

I quickly closed the door and leaned against it. Did a hot man just knock on my door and ask me to have a meal at his house?! I had been single all my life this is not happening right?! I gave myself a hard slap on the face and realized that I wasn’t dreaming any of this. Shaking my head, I looked at my wall clock. It was already 9.30 am and I was too late to go to school anyways. Sighing, I went to my bedroom and grabbed my phone.

 

I got 3 missed calls from Jongup and few texts telling me to wake up. I replied his text with a short ‘sorry’ and tossed my phone on the bed. Feeling lost, I sat at my study table and took out my textbook. Sure thing I live alone and I can just bail on school whenever but this thing call reality wasn’t going to leave me alone. I have to be smart to survive on this world. I began my studying and some revisions. Maybe I could invite Jongup again to do some homework with me. 

 

After a straight 5 hours of studying and 2 hours of playing phone, I finally made myself some iced coffee and cooked a packet of ramen. I’m too lazy to cook proper food. Plus, I am going to go and eat with Yongnam. Hold the up. In panic, I looked at the clock and realized that he would ring my bell soon and I haven’t even take my bath yet.

 

Running to my the bathroom, I quickly had my shower. My quickest shower usually is an hour because… I will do these things.

 

After hanging my towel, I my spotify and some songs that suit my mood. Then, I will take off my clothes while singing and pretending I was some kpop idols in front of the mirror before actually going into the shower. Things don’t just end there. I will continue my concert while singing in the shower.

 

By the time I finished showering, it was almost 7 pm. Without wasting anymore time, I put on my black bra and on before going through my closet. Compare to my other siblings, I have the least clothing and most of my clothes are simple ones. Flannels, shirts, tshirts and skinny jeans. I don’t have much clothes because I don’t really go outside and well, if I do go outside and bump with my family, I’m a dead meat.

 

I grabbed my favorite black and white strips shirt and my black skinny jeans. I feel like I am not putting much effort on this but then again, why would I? I dragged myself to my make up table and put on some cream and hid my huge panda eyes.

 

When I was playing my phone, updating things on VMIN and what not, my doorbell rang. The sudden sound almost made me dropped my phone but, thank god for the inner ninja of mine, my phone was saved. I took a last glimpse of myself in the mirror before running to the door. Inhaling, I opened the door and saw Yongnam was standing there wearing a dam stripped shirt just like mine but red and black in color. We both burst out in laughter. “Nice shirt,”

 

“So does yours,”

 

He gestured me to follow him. I stepped out from the house and closed my door. I followed the man, anticipating to see his house. I was shocked when I first stepped into the house. Instead of having a messy, trashy house, his was a very tidy one. Instead of white wall, he painted it light gray and he had lots of paintings on the wall. The other thing that amazed was how many Tigger plushies he owned. “Welcome to my crib,” he closed the door behind me. He also put on some music which was also my favorite by Big Bang, FXXK IT.

 

“Oh, Jiae! You came!” someone called. I turned to the voice and saw Yongnam. Wait.. isn’t Yongnam behind me? My eyes widened in shock. “What the ,” I cursed under my breath when I realize they were twins. The stripped dude just smiled sheepishly. “which one is Yongnam?” I asked as we both took a seat on the sofa. “I am Yongnam, that is my younger brother and also your neighbor, Yongguk.” my breath was taken for a moment there. It was quite hard to tell them apart but if you see it closely, Yongnam is bulkier than Yongguk and Yongguk was a bit shorter compare to Yongnam. Even their voice is the same.

 

I nodded and just laughed the awkwardness off. “You know, this kid had always wanted to invite you to his house, but such a chicken to do so,” Yongnam laughed as he threw the pillow to Yongguk and it hit his face. “Ah,Nam Hyung!” Yongguk protested. Yongnam snickered and stood up. “You two go and get to know each other. Imma go prepare the food and my friends will come in a bit,” and by that he disappeared into the kitchen.

 

“Dont even listen to that freak,” Yongguk laughed softly. I nodded and my eyes couldn’t stop but to look around. “Wah, I didn’t know a guy who make fierce songs would have so much Tigger in his house,” okay what.. I bit my lips due to my stupidity. His cheeks went pink and he couldn’t stopped smiling. “Ah, so you heard me?” he looked me straight into my eyes that made my heart skipped a beat. I need to be cool. Summon the coolness Jiae ing Oh.. I shrugged. “Couldn’t help that you sound pretty loud,” can I sound even more erted than this. 

 

Yongguk began to make himself comfortable. He leaned more to his sofa and looked at me more comfortably. “Ahahah.. I heard a lot about you too you know,” my eyes widened in shock. “What?! did you hear all..” i slapped myself mentally. What if he hear those moans I made in the night when I was reading those fanfictions. I am dead.

 

“Ah no no..you’re friend with Jongup right? Jongup is my friend and well, he always tell me to look after you since you’re… you,” he ended his sentence a little bit unsure of what to say. I just let out a soft, understanding ‘ah’ and looked away. “I really like your music tho. I couldn’t help but to hear it while I was studying.” I confessed out of the blue. Woah Jiae.. where did all this braveness come from.. Yongguk’s eyes seemed to sparkle at one point. I wasn’t so sure.

 

He suddenly stood up and reached out his hand. “Come. Let me show you something,” he smiled, waiting for me to take his hand.

 

Holy is this going to be like in those stories I read? Am I getting laid tonight. Okay, breathe. I need some chill pills cause this man is screaming with hotness.

 

I stood up and took his hand. His hand was way bigger compare to my midget size hand. He brought me somewhere inside his house. Yongguk lead to this one room. The room was filled with computers and recording stuffs. He got to be kidding me, I looked at him, mouth partially opened. “Are these all yours?” Yongguk nodded, cutely. Well, to my opinion he was hella cute.

 

Yongguk sat on his chair and moved the mouse a little bit to turn the screen on. Even the wallpaper was Tigger. This man’s love for Tigger is no joke. I stood beside him and watched as he opened the file.”I wrote so many things but I couldn’t just get the vibe right,” he began to explain. “I don’t know what am I lacking but I really need to send one song to my lecturer before its too late,” he began to click here and there, checking his stuffs. My head began to process so hard, I swore I could hear the motor moved in my head.

 

“Wait,” I held his shoulder. “Your lecturer?” I looked at him, scowling. “You’re not in high school?” I asked him, tilting my head to the side because I just couldn’t help it. Yongguk turned his head from the laptop to look at me. “Do I look like a high school student to you?” he chuckled. His smile was really a heart melting tool. “Err.. you said you were friends with Jongup,” I tried to not make him feel offended because let’s be real, who want to be seen as an older person? Not me.

 

Yongguk laughed, his hand automatically covered his mouth. “I am 20 this year.” he told me and shifted his gaze back to his laptop. He did something and the screen went off. “I can’t believe someone actually mistook me as a high schooler,” he said in disbelief. “You really are an interesting human being,” he teased. I don’t know what he was thinking but I think we can get along well.

 

 

 

After the mini party ended and eating like ton load of food, it was finally time to say goodbye. Yongnam went out to send his friends home and Yongguk went to mine. He stood by the door frame. His eyes were on me. “Thanks. It’s been so long since I had nice meals,” I smiled, slightly bowing to him. He again, smiled and nodded. “We should get to know each other more. I mean, we are neighbors.”

 

“Too fast there, grasshopper,” I giggled. “Sure. It would be nice to have someone around here,” he took a peek inside my house and nodded in approval. “Yeah.. you do need a touch of men,” he said in a rather serious tone. My eyes widened in surprised. “What did you say? Oh my god, what the.. excuse me, are you mocking me there?” ah nice, the real me is coming out. I face slapped myself due to my stupidity. Instead of giving me the look of disgust, he actually smiled. “Ahh now that’s the Jiae that Jongup always tell me,”

 

“It’s okay. I’ll be around here. And I need some woman touch too,” he winked before going back to his house. My jaw dropped and I blinked a number of times, trying to process what Yongguk just said. Did he just… does this look like a joke to you? Am I a joke? What the…?

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

 

 

A/N: i really hope you like the story! comment down lemme hear you hhaha