Chapter Seven

Puppet

Notes: how do you like the story so far? i am enjoying this a little too much but i can see where the female lead is quite attracted to Jongup ahahahahah can we get this story to features section? T^T

 

 

 

(Jiae’s POV)

 

 

I told my parents that I wont be staying the whole night and as usual, she gave me that look but I still got a green light to go home early. I gave my younger sister the present and I went back to my apartment. I really hate the atmosphere there. Always felt abandoned. Always felt different. Sighing, I put on my earphones and listen to some random songs on my playlist.

 

My feet halted to a stop. What song is this? I took out my phone to check what song it was. I don’t remember downloading this song. It started out with a melodramatic sound of the guitar, followed by a very sweet, honey voice. The voice was very, very familiar but I am not believing my ears at the moment. When I looked at the title of the song, it wrote there, NOW.

 

Who would’ve thought that you and I would go together

I used to be comfortable being alone

Girls didn’t suit me

 

I wasn’t lonely, you didn’t catch my eye

You are pretty but

As always, I thought you would just pass by

 

Now whatever you do

Whatever it is , I like that

Now without any intervener,

I want to be alone with you

 

I choked at the lyrics. The song was very sweet, very meaningful but why would he wrote such things. I mean, yes but why. This doesn’t make sense. Jongup would never have a crush on me. That dude had never speak about any girls before and he cant be talking about me in this song right? However, I have to admit, this song was heavenly made. The part that really got me was..

 

 

Right now,

Hold tight to me and stay like that

Right now

When we lock eyes

Remember this, know this

I want us to get closer girl

 

 

That was really something of him to write such songs. By the time the song finish, I was already standing in front the door to my apartment. I took out the keys and unlocked the door. The song was on repeat and I couldn’t stop thinking about Jongup. Yes, he had been a very great friend of mine but I never thought that he would actually have feelings towards me.

 

Are you dumb, Jiae? Which boy would spent thousands on you if he doesnt like you?

 

I paused for a moment. What the other me said was true. Jongup had always been there and what not. It would be a lie if he doesnt have a tiny bit of feelings towards me right? For some reasons, I couldn’t stop myself from smiling. If Jongup really likes me… that would be great. He would do everything for me. Hehehehehe..

 

Feeling all jumpy, I went inside for shower and get ready for bed. I cant wait to see him at school tomorrow. What should I do when I see him? Should I kiss him on the cheeks and tell him, ‘ah, I know you like me’ and wink? Lmao, I am so dumb..

 

 

 

 

I woke up super early the next morning and even sent Jongup a morning text first which was very rare of me to do so. I made sure to put on some light make up today and did a little work on my hair instead of just tied it up in a messy bun. I straightened my hair and fixed my long bangs. Will Jongup actually notice this kind of change in myself? I don’t think so.

 

Quickly, I grabbed my toast and went out from the house. Maybe it would also be a good day to actually come early to school. I walked casually to school while listening to Jongup’s song. It was very calming and catchy. I didn’t know someone can make me happier than GOT7 does. This was new.

 

I arrived at school around the same time with Jongup. By the time I settled down all my stuffs, Jongup entered the class and took a seat beside me. “Someone woke up early today,” he teased. I looked at him, searching for any unusual expression but received none. Did he forget that he sent me that song? I pouted and crossed my arms. “Ya, Moon Jongup,” I called.

 

The boy turned his head and looked at me. I fixed my glasses and sighed. “You know if you like me you should tell me earlier,” I said straightforwardly. There’s no need to hide it right? He’s the one who sent me that song first. Jongup looked at me weirdly as if I just a rotten cheese. “What are you talking about?” he took out his notebook and began to doodle something, totally ignoring me. I was losing my patience. How dare this dude do this to me.

 

I got off from my seat and stood beside his table. “Moon Jongup,” I called but he just continued to draw on his book. “You sent me that song. It was saved in my music library. How can you just ignore that. You wrote that for me isn’t?” and that made him lifted his gaze from the book. “Ahh, that song? I totally forgot about it,” he laughed a little and that somehow made me relieved. “I wanted to ask your opinion about that song. It wasn’t meant for you.” he smiled.

 

WHAT?!

 

My mouth dropped. “E-excuse m-me?” I blinked at his statement. He gave me the look. “You really expect me to write a song for you?” he let out an airy laugh. I swore that time I felt my cheeks became hot. So, all this dressed up was for nothing? I cleared my throat and snatched his notebook. “Eww, who on earth wants to listen to your song. Yongguk’s songs are way better,” I made up an excuse and grabbed his pencil as well. “And tell me again, why you take all my stuffs right now?”

 

I honestly don’t know why. you, Jongup. How dare you play with my heart like this. I stuck out my tongue at him “I’m going to write a review on how ty your song is,” I stomped back to my place and flipped the page. Jongup had always good at drawing. He’s so talented. I could hear Jongup chuckling at his seat. “Fine. Go on, write how ty I am to the world. All I want is her to see me,” he said but I didn’t give two s to look at him.

 

“Just shut up and wait for the teacher to come, Moon Jongup.”

 

During the whole English class, I spent on writing down about the song. I had to give my honest comment on there but on the same time I want to diss him for being such a spoon for making me fell for his prank. He should at least tell me that he wanted my opinion and not for me to listen to it. Ugh, Moon Jongup. I continued to curse him in my head.

 

Without myself noticing, it was already recess. I slammed shut his notebook and went to his table. Jongup was packing his bag, taking out his lunch box. When he turned back, he looked up and met with my stare. I wasn’t so sure what what I feeling that time but it hurts. That’s for sure.

 

“Who is this girl? You never told me you like anyone. I thought we were best friends.” I said and I swore it sound bitter than it supposed to. Jongup chuckled as he opened his lunch box and took out a sandwich. “I don’t really tell people who I like. Just consider I had tell you and pretend like I don’t like anybody, okay?” he said so carelessly I swore I felt my heart broke. “Hmm, arrasseo..” I nodded and handed him his notebook.

 

Without saying anything else, I walked out from the class and searched for Naomi. Damn, I never knew I can be such a butthurt. Jongup had been nice and nothing else. So why am I feeling so upset about him?

 

“Ya, Oh Jiae. What’s with the long face?” Naomi asked as she handed me the iced coffee. I sighed and took a sip on the coffee. “Nothing. It’s just something is bothering me.” she chuckled. “Isn’t everything bothering you these days?” she teased. I glared at her and pouted. “Fiinne~” she sung in defeated and gave me a hug. “We’re having a party later at Joe’s house. You’re coming?” she asked. I took another sip and frowned. “you do know I don’t go to parties right?”

 

Naomi rolled her eyes. “You’re 18 already. Come on, let’s have fun. We’re going to graduate soon!” she said, nudging me using her shoulder. I bit my lips. I really prefer to stay at home but why not. “Open party?”

 

“Yep. Mostly college students are there.”

 

“Which college?”

 

“That super prestigious college. I hear most probably they will invite few idols too. They’re held the party at Solar Club.” Naomi said as she tugged her hair behind her ears. “Isn’t that at Dongdaemun?” I raised an eyebrow. She nodded. “Imma give you few tickets and make sure you bring that when you come. And if you know any handsome guy, please invite. It’s going to be wild,” she winked and grabbed her smoothies, leaving me alone.

 

Just when she left, I received a text. Guess who? Naomi. “Make sure you wear something nice. And please do something about your hair. Bold make up should do too. Ah, I also suggest you to wear crop top and white jeans.” I groaned. “the party is on Friday night. At 12 am. Come early. The line is going to be damn long..” I nodded and turned off my phone.

 

I cant believe I am doing this.

 

 

 

 

Jongup literally ignored me the whole day and only said bye when the school ended. I ended up walking back home alone. Tugging on my bag strap, I walked down the road, heading to that one clothes store. I did kept some money in my bank. I guess, it’s time for me to give me some changes. Excitedly entered the store and looked around.

 

It’s kinda weird since people will stare at me even if I wear something nice. It’s because of my damn eye. If I have two functional eyes it would be way lot easier. Groaning, I went to the ladies section and searched for some crop top. I am not really that person who wear revealing clothes because I have skin problem. I do have some body acne and it bothers the out of me.

 

I grabbed some black crop top and green, army-ish jacket along with white jeans. It doesnt cost much since everything was on sale. When I was about to pay, I saw a familiar figure entering the store. I squinted my eyes and tried to figure out who he was. I was so shock to see Jongup was in the store. I coughed a little and told the cashier to quickly finish up my stuff.

 

He was walking to the men section and well, he looked so casual. Rich, if I have to say. I paid the exact amount and quickly hid myself behind the clothes. I watched Jongup. I guess he was also invited to the club. He grabbed some white leather jacket and a pair of ripped jeans. Smirking, he also picked some accessories to go with his clothes. I guess, I never actually seen the real Jongup. He honestly looked so cool.

 

As I was busy watching the boy, I heard a familiar voice calling his name. I turned around and saw Yongguk entered the store as well. My breathe hitched and I quickly covered my face. What the hell are these two doing here? I screamed in my head because damn these two looked so good.

 

 

“How many tickets did you get?” Yongguk asked Jongup as he looked at the shirts. Jongup stood beside Yongguk and smiled. “Three. Are you going to give me more?” he asked with that sly smile. The older boy laughed and ruffled his hair. “I told you,invite your dance team as well. You guys are going to perform right?” he picked this one black shirt and put it against himself. “What you think?” he asked Jongup.

 

The latter shook his head and went to the other side to grab something more attractive. Jongup grabbed this one sleeves and loose shirt and handed it to Yongguk. “I am going to bring them along. They are your friends as well.” Jongup said in a matter-of-fact-tone. “Take this. Wear it with the red hoodie and leather jacket of yours.”

 

Yongguk smiled. “Which song are you going to perform?” he asked as the two of them headed to the cashier. Jongup hesitated for a moment. “I have this one song… I’ve been practicing it for awhile with Yifeng and Minhyuk this one song but not many people have heard it before…” Jongup seemed hesitated then he continue. “Maybe you should come down to the studio with me today,”

 

I choked again. Jongup never invited anyone to his studio before. Well, as far as I know! Moon Angel is really something. Screw everything that I said nice things about him. He is one sneaky snake. I need to know more about this.

 

Out of the blue, my phone ring and the song Hard Carry filled the whole store.  .. I quickly took out my phone and answer the call. It was Naomi.

 

“What the you want?” I scolded her.

 

“oh damn gurl, whats with the ty attitude.” she asked with her y voice. I clicked my tongue and walked out from the store. I stood in front of the store and talked with Naomi. “No. Weh, what?! I don’t want to dye my hair! Are you crazy?”

 

“Hey, listen. I heard of the college oppa is bringing some idols and I heard that GOT7 is the idol.” i don’t know how many times I repeated this but I am going to repeat myself; I choked. “What? Are you crazy? Psh, hell yeah I’m gonna dye my hair! Thanks, I will do soon!” I hung up and jumped a little, feeling totally excited.

 

Just when I turned around, I accidentally dropped my phone because Moon effing Jongup was staring at me, smirking. I bent down to grab my phone and was about to run, he grabbed my arms. “You’re coming with me,”

 

Mother nature please tell me I am still alive…

 

To be continued.