Chapter three (Edited)

Puppet

 

I slumped all the unused books inside my locker and slammed it shut. The sound echoed around the hallway. “Ya, are you trying to destroy the school property?” Youngjae nudged my waist using his pointy elbow. I winced in pain and hit his shoulder with my textbook. Youngjae was Ellie’s best friend before she moved to a new school. Ellie was my best friend too. We shared all those girls problems together but one day, Ellie became so arrogant, she only talked to Youngjae. I realized something was fishy and I caught something was up. One day, Youngjae told me that she dislike me for being too close to Youngjae. However, table was turned because Youngjae preferred me over her.

 

“Ya, aren’t you suppose to be with your new girlfriend,ahh.. what was her name again? you ?” Youngjae blushed crazily and flicked my forehead. “Haish, this kid. Do you have to bring her name up?” I just laughed at Youngjae. He had always been the brainy kid in the whole damn school but when it comes to love life, he’s the sweetest potato you will ever meet. He’s so sweet, you can get diabetes in 2 hours. He’s so cringe-worthy even the sour lemon would be the nicest thing to eat at the moment. For me, whoever dates Youngjae will be lucky as hell because Youngjae is Youngjae. If you know Youngjae, you will love Youngjae.

 

He pouted and handed me some bills. I looked at him, weird out by his action. “For what?” I asked him. “You treat me some super damn nice meal how can I not repay you, idiot.” he said so fast I thought the bullet train just passed by. Blinking, I shoved the money back to his chest. “Keep it. I don’t need it,” I lied, pretending to be cool. But the truth was, I need it because I had to pay for the electric bills, water bills and had to do some urgent groceries because I am running out of food. My father would give me the monthly money on 27 but it’s 14 and I haven’t even pay last month’s rent. My father only covered up my internet bills, half of my rent and electric bills. Usually, he often pays for my school fees too. While the rest depends on me.

 

Youngjae shook his head and made that weird slurping sound. “I heard what Jongup told me. Just take it okay.” he shoved the money into my bag and patted my shoulders. I sighed. Moon Jongup, did you tell everyone about my problem? I nodded and thanked Youngjae for the extra money. I should buy some yogurt on the way home because why not? 

 

The bell rang indicates that we had to go to our classes. I have separate classes with Youngjae and Jongup today. So I won’t be seeing them until the end of school. As he was about to leave, I pulled his bag. “Yoo Youngjae,” I called him. He turned around and looked at me. “What? Did you forget to bring your pads again?” I blushed at his straightforwardness. Yeah, he had been there most of the time, so he tends to bring pads in his bag for me. Jongup does too. “No! I mean, no. I am not on my period,” he nodded, in agreement. “Right. You should get your period at the end of this month anyways,” he shrugged. “What is it then?”

 

I really need to fix my habit to remember my period dates and also bring my own pads. I inhaled and exhaled deeply. “Hm, do you know Yongguk?” by the mention of the name, Youngjae gasped and quickly covered my mouth with his hand. My scream was muffled by his hand and he shushed me. “Don’t say his name out loud. Gosh.. didn’t Jongup tell you anything?” I shook my head vigorously. “Look, Imma text Jongup and you guys go to Hanbin’s Cafe later after school.” I couldn’t do anything but to nod. He patted my head and quickly ran off to his class.

 

Mwo.. what the hell is wrong with saying Yongguk’s name? Haih, these kids.. 

 

 

Class seemed to last longer than I thought. I kept on doodling some weird s on my notebook and laughed at myself for being so dumb. I just like doing all these stuffs but sometimes I feel bad because whenever I don’t pay attention in class, Jongup will try so hard to teach me later. Finally, the bell rang. Everyone packed their bags in a blink of an eye. I dumped everything in my bag and stood up. We thanked our teacher and left the class. I took out my phone and called Jongup.

 

“Ah, Moon Jongup. Where are you?”

 

“Right in front of you dummy,”

 

I lifted my gaze and saw Jongup was leaning against the locker, looking at me with that smile of his. I wonder why he is single. He’s smoking hot. Wait till you see his body. Ah, why am I saying all of these? I sprinted to Jongup and we high-five each other. “Why you never tell me about him but tell him about me instead?” I immediately shot him with a question. He squinted his eyes, looking as if he was thinking. “Because he is like a hyung to me,” he shrugged and began to walk. “Ya, wait for me!” I chased him.

 

 

Once we arrived at the cafe, Taehyung served the food and drinks. I guess Jongup had made some reserves. I am not so sure.

 

“Tell me, who is this Yongguk guy actually,” I asked him and on the same time, ready to eat my meal. Jongup had always knew all of my favorites. He began to eat his and then looked at me. “Why you suddenly ask though. You had never care about Yongguk hyung before,” I was kinda hesitating to tell him but I told him anyways about the little party we had at his house. I also told him that I knew Yongnam first instead of Yongguk.

 

Jongup took a moment to tell me. He seemed hesitated but then he finally tell. “Yongguk hyung is one of the famous kid in the area. I am still not sure how you not know that you’re living next to a very famous music producer. Well,” he stuffed in his spaghetti before continued speaking. “Hyung is very nice and friendly but he rarely make new friends but since you are his neighbor, it wont be a problem if he wants to be your friends,” he nodded, as if it was not a big deal.

 

I frowned. “But, that boy said you told him about me. Did you..” Jongup’s fork dropped to the plate and his cheeks went red. “Ah, please don’t misunderstand! I was just really worried about you and the only person that can look after you is Yongguk. He had no one to take care of except for his Tigger. So it’s not a big deal. He did take care of you well right?” I blinked a couple of times. What the hell is wrong with this angel? I nodded and mumbled some incoherent noise. “Yeah,”

 

He sighed in relief. “It’s a good thing that you guys are friends now.” he smiled. The smile was so genuine it hurt my pride. “Is he still a student?” I asked him. Jongup gave me that are-you-serious look. I mouthed ‘what’ at him and he literally facepalm himself. “Oh. Jiae. He is too old to be a high schooler like us. What is wrong with you?” he chuckled and ate his meatball. I took a sip on his iced lemon tea. He pouted because I know he wont like it if I drink without his permission.dork. “Then? How old is he?”

 

“20,”

 

I choked on my own food. Coughing, I glared at him. “Lie to me, imma make you suffer the whole week, Moon Jongup,” I threatened him. He laughed and raised an eyebrow. The boy leaned forward a little bit and looked straight into my eyes. “If you don’t believe me, go ask hyung. If I am correct, you owe me a french kiss for 3 minutes.” my jaw dropped low at his comeback. “I hate you,” pouting, I continued eating my food. “hahahha, cant wait for my kiss,” he sang happily.

 

“Ya, I don’t even know.. how to.. haish! I am not going to kiss you!” I was totally flustered by his tease. He always teases me but this time, it went off the hook. Moon Jongup, you read too much ! I stuffed my mouth with food. So, practically, Yongguk is an adult and I am a student. Jongup seemed to be really satisfied with his comebacks at me today. He had been smiling for so long. Ujujuju.. I hate that man. 

 

 

After having lunch with Jongup, I decided to go home and not go to work today. I also called the supervisor, informing that I won’t be going to work today. I should spend the day off and updated some stuffs.

 

Just when I arrived at my floor, I heard the door being unlocked. I quickly ran to my door and Yongguk was standing at his door frame. He smiled when he saw me. “Oh, Jiae ya,” he waved, opening the door that he was about to close. I bowed slightly as a gesture of respect. “hello,” I mumbled. I don’t know why but I feel a tad scared of this man. It was as if he can kill me if he wants to.

 

He noticed how awkward the situation was so he fled. “Ah, I guess you have work after this. Good lu-” “Wait!” I accidentally shouted and the boy jumped in surprised. Like, literally. It was funny tho. His expression was priceless. “I don’t have anything after this and urm.. do you want to hang out in my house later?” I said that super fast. I think it was faster than Usain Bolt or something. Yongguk chuckled and i swore he blushed. Did he blush? Did he ing blush?!

 

He nodded and smiled. “8 pm?” 

 

“8 pm,” 

 

 

 

To Be Continued

 

 

 

 

A/N: sorry for any errors tho. oh and if you're wondering this story also available in Wattpad. so which either is easier you can read. ^^ 

 

OH AND DUDE, STAN KARD !!!!!! WATCH AND LISTEN TO THIS MASTERPIECE CUZ I AM FREAKING DYING!