Chapter Fifteen

Puppet

Notes: sorry i hadn't been updating. i had been so occupied with video editing because B.A.P FMV STUDIO accepted me!!! you guys should check them out and SUBSCRIBE because their fmvs are legit nice! you might see one from me too~ ;) my personal one is Himuchii and i will make individual trailer for the character in this fic too~ :) enjoy my love!

 

 

(Anonymous’ POV)

 

 

Jiae quickly packed her bag and stood up. When she turned around, Jongup was already looking at her. Sometimes, his stares could literally send her to the 7th heaven because it was just too mesmerizing. No kidding when Jongup himself was too tantalizing. “Going somewhere?” he asked as he wore his bag casually. Jiae smiled. It may hurt her deep inside but she wanted to test it out. “Yeah… I’m going out with Gukkie today. He told me to come back home asap,” she told him.

 

The boy nodded and ruffled her hair as if it was an everyday thing that he hears. “Have fun, kiddo,” he said and walked to Youngjae’s table. Jiae just sighed and quickly ran to her apartment. For some reasons, nothing can beat her excitement to see Yongguk in his Tigger onesie again. That scary old grandpa never fails to amuse her with his superior behavior.that doesnt suit his face and age. How can he goes to the campus wearing that with that face of him? This was one of the times where she would questioned herself why his girlfriend cheated on him when he was such a sweet little munchkin.

 

The walk back home seemed to be taking too long that day and she was running on full speed because she really wanted to see him. It was like a scene in a movie. A girl in school uniform running to see her prince in some cool school uniform but hers was wearing a Tigger onesie and most probably gonna look so adorable in whatever circumstances he was in.

 

She grabbed the stair’s handler and ran upstairs until she arrived home. When she arrived on her level, she saw a figure was standing in front of her door, playing with his phone.

 

Jiae’s smile was no where can be hide at that moment. She walked up, peeking at Yongguk who was too immersed in his phone. He was wearing a harry potter glasses and that just added more cuteness to him. “Bang Yongguk,” she called, catching her breath. The boy lifted up his gaze from his phone and when he saw her, that shy yet obvious happy smile appeared on his face. He was more than relief to see her happy.

 

Yongguk walked towards her and took out a this one cat ear headband and put it on her. “There.. little kitty..” he chuckled as he fixed the strand of her hair that was covering her face. Jiae was trying so hard to control her cool image on because only god knows how hard her heart was beating at that moment. “Everything went okay?” he asked, fixing her blazer as well. Jiae chuckled and pushed his hands slowly off her. ‘Grandpa Gukkie, you’re being rather touchy today,” she said and that made Yongguk to let out a soft, heartbroken ‘oh’.

 

Jiae saw how he reacted and that made her even more happy to . She took off her blazer and stuffed it in her bag. “and I like it very much,” she announced it so loud someone actually shushed them from the upper level. Yongguk laughed and linked arms with her. The two of them began to walk down the stairs, talking about what happened throughout the day.

 

She cant believe Yongguk actually literally wanted to walk down the blocks to go to this one famous restaurant to treat her some food. There were quite a number of kids who went up to them to take pictures with the Tigger. There’s this one boy around 3 years old went to Yongguk while dragging, they assumed, his older sister.

 

“Noona! Can I take a picture with your pet Tigger?” he asked Jiae, who was blinking in confusion. Most of the kids didn’t talk to her because she knew that for them, being a one-eyed girl was almost the same as being a monster. “S-sure,” she stuttered a bit. The sister of the kid just smiled and helped the brother to take picture of him and Yongguk.

 

“What’s your name kiddo?” Yongguk asked as he let the kid to sit on his left lap. The boy was so happy that Yongguk talked to him he literally gave him a hug. “I’m 4 years old and my name is Yongguk!” Yongguk was so surprised that the kid’s name was the same as his. “Wah, hyung’s name is Yongguk too! Hello small Yongguk,” he pinched the boy’s nose and he laughed giddily. “Hyung!”

 

The two Yongguk began to talk more and then they took some pictures. The Yongguk Junior was really happy to meet Senior Yongguk. He even said that he wanted to be like him when he grew up and thanked him for taking a picture with him .

 

When they were about to leave, the kid went up to Yongguk and whispered to him. Yongguk couldn’t help but to chuckle and nodded, giving him a kiss on the cheeks. “Bye bye Yonggukkie Hyung!” he waved him goodbye.

 

Jiae poked him by the waist, making him to hop in surprised. “What did he whispered to you?” she asked him, super curious. She just cant when someone whispered right in front of her. She would get all tensed up and very anxious.  Yongguk smirked. “He told me to keep it as a secret. Are you sure you want to know this man to man secret?” he squinted his eyes a little and wiggled his eyebrow. Jiae rolled her eyes playfully and hit his arm. “I am not playing this bro to bro talk. Tell me~” she whined, tugging onto his onesie.

 

“Fine fine fine.. come here,” he leaned closer to her ear and whispered the thing that little Yongguk whispered to him. “tell that pretty wife of yours hyung that one day I will find someone pretty like her and be happy like how hyung is right now,” Jiae’s cheeks instantly went pink and hot. She pushed Yongguk away and covered her face. He laughed hard when seeing her all shy and smoll.

 

“damn it. I hate this.” she said and walked away to the restaurant. “Ya! Wait for me! You don’t just leave your pet tiger in the streets. I might eat people. Roar!!” he joked around and chased her. Without thinking twice, she began running away from him, laughing. “Catch me if you can!” she sang as she ran faster. Yongguk smirked cheekily and sprinted faster. Never has he ever do such things like this in his life but he has no regrets at the moment. “Don’t let me catch you, kitty!”

 

He chased her down and after few seconds, he managed to catch her and lifted her up, spinning her around. Few of the bystanders were recording them and took some pictures because it’s not everyday to see a guy in a Tigger onesie, chasing a school girl with a cat headband. Jiae laughed and softly hit his arms which were around her waist. “Gukkie~!!!” she whined. Yongguk put her down and she turned around, placing her hands on his shoulders.

 

He knew at that moment, there was no turning back. He was in love. In fact, he was deeply in love with her, he doesnt mind doing crazy stuffs like this again as long as it was for her. Even though he knew this will only lead him to more pain, I guess he just wanted to live in the moment.

 

 

 

**

 

 

Jongup dropped his bag on the floor and sighed deeply. It was as if he was in those sad music videos where it felt as if everything was breaking around him. Yes, he was happy that Jiae made it up back with him but the pain he felt in his heart was unbearable. Who would understand a broken person like him? I wish I can show you that I love you more than Yongguk does. I wish you don’t have to meet Yongguk on the first place. I wish I hadn’t ask Yongguk to look after you! I am so stupid.. 

 

His legs couldn’t carried his weight and he dropped on the floor, crying. He hit the floor a couple of times and cried harder. He remembered the look in her face when she tried to made up with him earlier today. She looked so genuinely happy yet why does she keeps on insisting she doesn’t like him? They could be a happy couple right now and the story would end already but no, she had to make everything so complicated.

 

Out of the blue, the door creaked opened and a figure entered the room. “Jongup ah..” he said, holding his shoulders. “Moon Jongup…” Youngjae tried to console him. Jongup sobbed harder, trying his best to stop but he cant. His chest was burning. He was in great pain. “J-jae.. my pills..” he pointed at his bag. Youngjae was so shocked but immediately took the pills from Jongup’s bag. “Jongup.. you’re this bad already.. don’t you want to tell her the truth now?”

 

Jongup popped three pills inside his mouth and swallowed it without the help of any liquid. He was so used on taking the pills, he doesn’t even need any water anymore. He sighed as the he felt the medicine began to kick in and he began to feel calm again. He massaged his forehead. “I kept too much stuffs from her already. She doesn’t know me. She doesn’t know the Moon Jongup. It’s too late. If I tell her now, she will only stick with me because of pity. And I am not a person who needs that kind of attention,” he explained to Youngjae.

 

The latter sighed and pulled Jongup into a hug. “Why do you have to be so harsh on yourself, kid?” Youngjae felt like crying as well. Youngjae was one of the few that knew what life Jongup lives all these times. Yes, he was rich and he had everything. He had everything but love and attention. He gives but he never gets. Back then, when he met Jiae during the early days, he thought that they could have something different. Jongup had been working so hard ever since that day. He had never been so involved in someone else’s life as much as he did to Jiae’s and Yongguk’s.

 

At the end of they day, it turned out he worked hard for nothing. That song NOW, was written for Jiae and Photo was about his dreams and fantasies. Youngjae had seen Jongup grown up to be a man he was now but he didn’t expect he would grew up into a broken man like this. Youngjae might not always be in the frame of his life and more to Jiae but to be honest, he was closer to Jongup than Jiae.

 

“You’re going to pretend till the end, Jongup ah?” he asked, caressing his back. Jongup was quiet for a moment. Being away from her was hard but pretending hurts more. “What can I do,” he broke into the saddest most tainted smile ever. “I don’t have a happy ending, Youngjae. I’m the loser in the story..”

 

 

 

**

 

 

Jiae put down her school bag and sat on the chair of her dressing table. She looked at the reflection of herself in the mirror. The cat headband was indeed cute. Today had been nothing but great for her. She felt so nice being around with Yongguk but something was off. She wasn’t sure what was it but she was sure something was off. Her head dropped low and she sighed deeply. Her hand began to hit her own chest.

 

“What do you want heart? Why do you keep on aching like this? What did I do wrong? Why? Why are you being like this? I don’t need such pain anymore..” she told her heart but it only hurt more.

 

Jiae pulled open her drawer and took out her pills. She was also under drugs because she just can’t hold it back anymore. After swallowing the pills, she waited till the medicine to kick in. She need to be calm to think.

 

Just when she thought she was calmed enough, she began crying again. Her head felt heavy and her breathes became shorter. Jiae tried to walk back to her bed but fell on the floor with a loud thud. Instead of trying to get up, she just curled into a ball and cried. She felt like killing herself.

 

“MOON JONGUP!! YAAAA!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME MOON JONGGUUUPPP!!” she screamed on top of her lungs and clenched her fist so hard, it turned white. She doesn’t even care if someone hears her anymore. She just want to let it go. “MOON JONGUP!!.. is.. is this love? What is this painful feelings?!! yaaAAAA TELL MEEEEEE!!” she hugged both of her legs close to her chest. Maybe the sky was listening to her as it began to rain that night.

 

 

 

 

**

 

 

 

Yongguk locked his door and took off the Tigger onesie that he had been wearing for the whole. He felt satisfied with himself today for what he had done for her. Maybe it was their start of some thing new. Sighing with a smile, he stepped into his shower and took a long hot shower.

 

She was different from the girls he had dated before. She was confused and she doesn’t have a stand. She was scared and she showed it. It was written all over her face and he doesn’t even have to bother being worried about guessing her feelings because she was so obvious. Oh Jiae was an open book.

 

Today, however, she looked so genuinely happy with him. It was the same gaze she gave during their first met. The only worries that she had was how to talk to him. Yongguk wiped the water off his face and inhaled deeply. He knew that this was going to be a complicated story and he could have back down now and let the two of them be together but for some reasons, he doesn’t want to. He wanted to fight because he had a feeling that all of this was going to be worth it and he wouldn’t regret anything afterwards.

 

Will he..? 

 

 

 

 

To Be Continued.