Chapter Fourteen

Puppet

Notes: sorry tho. the prev one supposed to be TO BE CONTINUED not THE END ahhahaha mian mian! i already changed it.. did i give you guys a mini heart attack?? heheheheh

 

 

(Jiae’s POV)

 

 

I let out a long sigh and picked up my school bag. i’m going to talk to Jongup today at school and no matter what happen, I will and when I say I will, I WILL find out the truth about this feeling of mine. Whatever going to happen between me and Jongup, I will have to face it. He is my best friend and I don’t want to lose him. No matter what.

 

By that, I went outside of my house and saw Yongnam was ascending the stairs. Wah, now I can even differentiate Yongnam and Yongguk. This is fascinating. I inwardly gave myself a pat on the back for being awesome and quickly realized that Yongnam was looking at me. “Morning, Jiae.” he greeted and I instantly bowed down a little. “Morning.” I smiled.

 

“I heard Yongguk was sick few days ago and he told me that you helped him a lot. I want to say thank you and hear,” he handed me this one baby blue plastic bag. I took it and thanked him. “Hope you love some macaroons. I didn’t know which flavor you like so I just bought all.” he smiled. I nodded. To be honest, even though they were twins and their smiles were practically similar, I can actually tell the difference now. “I’m going now. I’m running late already. Say hi to Yongguk for me!”

 

I quickly ran away from the scene with the macaroons he gave me. This was such a great start of a day. Jongup had always love macaroons and we always share it together while studying. Yep. It’s time. There’s no more turning back. I have to get my Jongup back. 

 

 

 

I arrived at the school earlier than I thought and I went straight to the class. The class was practically empty except for this one boy. He rested his head on his bag which he placed on the table and he was playing his music so loud even though he was wearing the earphone. Smiling, I walked up to him and stood up in front of his table.

 

I knocked on the table twice.

 

Jongup lifted up his head and blinked a couple of times before he finally laid his eyes on me. I can’t believe he literally was sleeping. “You awake?” I asked him, waving my hand in front of his face.  He yawned and stretched himself. It’s been quite sometimes since I saw him like this. “Wake up, Uppie ya..” I wanted to cup his face but then I remembered what happened between us and I stopped midway. He looked at me weirdly since my hands stopped in the air. Without exchanging any words, he leaned his face closer to my hands. We always do this. Back then…

 

Smiling, I cup both of his cheeks and gave some soft squeezes, making him chuckled. “I miss this..” he mumbled, closing his eyes. Uppie is such a puppy sometimes. How can someone like him live. I giggled and pinched his cheeks. “Well, I’m sorry.” I said that so straightforwardly I think I made him even more surprised than he already was.

 

He cleared his throat and backed away. “I..”

 

“No.. really. I’m sorry. I was too heartbroken that time and I don’t know what else to do. I had been thinking a lot and I honestly can’t figure out this feeling alone.” I looked down on the table and sighed. “I missed you too. I miss you a lot. Everyday, in everything I do, it will remind me of you.. it’s sickening.” I told him and bit my lips.

 

I don’t think I was imagining when I saw him smiling. His face literally brightened up. “I want to clarify this feeling of mine and it’s not going to help if I keep on running away from it.” I told him. Jongup stood up and he was still smiling. “Oh Jiae.. I don’t care what happen but please. Please don’t tell me to go away ever again. I was so hopeless and I don’t know where to go and I was just.. lost. You’re the kind of friend I need wherever I go. So..” he reached out his hand for a handshake. Is this for real? 

 

I accepted his handshake and he pulled me into his embrace. He seemed to grow bigger and I felt so small and secured in his embrace.I closed my eyes and hugged him tighter. “I heard you went into the hospital few days ago.. do you know how worried I am when I got the news?” he said and tightened the hug. “You told me to go away and I cant even bring myself to visit you at all.. I’m sorry.” he said and slowly let go of me.

 

He must be so worried.. 

 

Grinning like I a fool, I grabbed the macaroons that Yongnam gave me earlier this morning and gave it to him. “Let’s share before everyone comes,”

 

“Who said everyone didn’t come??” me and Jongup turned around and saw all of our classmates were standing outside, holding back their excitement to surprise us. Youngjae was the one who leaded everything. They all entered the class, cheering for me and Jongup.

 

Being the shy puppy Jongup was, he looked away and slightly hid behind me. Some of them told me that because of us, the class were kinda tensed for some unknown reasons and they were glad that we made up. Some of them even told us that we should date each other which not going to happen… maybe. I literally have no comment on this one.

 

Youngjae gave the two of us a warm bear hug. “You do know how much I have to go through to take care of Moon Devil here..” Youngjae said and chuckled slightly. “You guys do know that you literally have fans that ship you guys so hard in this school? Damn, I was like the manager who had to answer all of those questions you know..” Youngjae confessed and patted on Jongup’s shoulder.

 

I turned to look at Jongup. “Do you know all of this?”

 

He looked away, rather suspiciously. “Moon Jongup.. what’s going on?”

 

“Yongguk hyung…” he softly mumbled. “ he told me about everything. He wasn’t so sure what to do and well, we didn’t talk properly. He just sent me voice mails. I listened to it and well, I had a feeling you’re going to talk to me today. So I told Youngjae to gather people away from the class..” he rubbed his nape shyly and for some reasons, that made me smiled. I can’t be mad at Yongguk because he was trying to help even though his ways were just so wrong.

 

He noticed that I was smiling and he quietly smiled back. “You’re not mad?” he asked. I shook my head and at that moment, I realized that I am such a fool. I have so many nice people around me but I am too selfish to even care about them. I stepped closer to Jongup and was about to hug him again until I realized that the kids were watching us so intensely as if they were watching . Smiling sheepishly, I backed away and that made Jongup chuckled again.

 

Just when I took my seat in front of Jongup, my phone vibrated. I took it out and read the messages I just received.

 

Stop being too cute and let’s go to work later tomorrow after school, oh? - JU 

 

Giggling, I texted him back. I miss working playfully with him at the bookstore. We always have some fun time at the bookstore. Of course. Tomorrow will be Uppie day~ I turned around and he was already smiling at me. I winked at him and he winked back. Feeling embarrassed, I turned around and sank deeper into my seat.

 

The teacher came in and my phone vibrated again. I don’t think it was Jongup because he rarely plays his phone in the class. I secretly took it out and I swore I could lose my right there and then because Yongguk just sent me the cutest selca ever. He message was ‘whatever happened today, Imma wait for you in front of your house door when you come back from school. Special day with Mr. Tigger.’ and attached a picture of him in his Tigger onesie, heading to his class with Yongnam by his side.

 

What in the world is happening right now..? how am I suppose to know my feelings when both are giving me such attention? This is not a freaking manga everyone nor fanfictions!

 

 

 

 

To be continued.