chapter five (edited)

Puppet

Notes: Do follow me on insta at @yonggukbutt and @tokiland_ (imagines account). i am also active on twitter hahaha @shetokichu 

 

 

 

Jongup knocked on my table and lowered his face so he was the same level as my eyes. “Why are you so down?” he asked as he ruffled my hair. Groaning, I lifted my head up and looked at him. “I have to go to my house tomorrow since we’re doing a birthday surprise for my younger sister.” I told him then dropped my head back on the table. “I don’t want to goo!” I whined, kicking my legs. I could hear Jongup chuckled.

 

“Come on. Get up,” he said and pulled my arm. I whined and wiggled my arm off him but he didn’t stop. “I am not going to use any strength on you right now. So you better move before I lift you up,” he threatened and laughed afterward. I remember the last time he picked me up and literally carried me out of school and the next day everyone was buzzing around saying that Jongup and I were a couple. I stood up and slapped his hand away. “No no no no. don’t carry me around!” I stuck out my tongue at him and grabbed my bag. I walked way ahead of him but then stopped. Where the are we goin’ anyways?

 

Out of the blue, Jongup poked my waist and I yelped in surprise. “Moon Jongup!” I shouted his name but he only laughed. “You look prettier when you’re screaming like that,” he pinched my cheeks and walked away. I blew the strand of hair that was covering my face and chased him. “Wait for me!”

 

We both walked to somewhere that only Jongup know. After being curious and quiet for some times, I decided to ask him. “Where are we going?” I asked him. Jongup abruptly stopped his steps and stared at me. “I was following you. Where are we going?”

 

“What? Ya, I was following you!”

 

“No.. I was following you! Oh god, are we lost?” he looked around, totally not familiar with the surrounding. I began to panic. I was bad at directions and I cant believe Jongup dragged me into this. The out of nowhere, he bursted out into a laughter. I looked at him in confusion. “What jokes are you playing Moon Jongup?” I crossed my arms across my chest and rested my weight on my left leg. Jongup grinned and pushed me a little. “Bringing you to somewhere you like,” he grabbed my hand and we both ran to the place that I..like? 

 

Then we arrived at the strawberry farm. My inner child came out right after we bought the tickets to enter the strawberry farm. “Ayye, Moon Jongup! You are so my style!” I punched his muscular arms before continued walking around. Jongup grinned. “A little treat before you go through a war tomorrow,” he said and we both walked around tasting the strawberry here and there.

 

Jongup was so sweet and I swore to God whoever dates Jongup, she’s the luckiest woman ever. He may be a 4D prince but he actually caught all the smallest details about you and would surprise you with it whenever he wants. I had never actually said I like to go to strawberry farm but I do love strawberries. You see what I mean there? 

 

We spent the whole evening there and even had our lunch their. Sometimes, I would really want to shout at Jongup about how easily he spent money on me but I don’t want him to be pissed off. He may be sweet and cheeky but once he’s mad, I had to go through his anger for almost a week before he becomes okay again. There’s this one time where he got mad about something and I was the victim of his tantrums. He would purposely pushed my table when he walks or bump my shoulder with his harshly. The worst was when he literally screamed when he was with me.

 

And when he finally cool down, he became this sweet Jongup again.

 

 

 

-

 

 

I decided to go back home alone and Jongup understood my decision. When I arrived in front of my door, I couldn’t help but to cry. My chest felt so heavy and I don’t want to go back home. I don’t want to be reminded on such a ing loser I am. I was being abandoned and the only reason they called me to come was to brag and just don’t want my siblings to actually forget my existence. That’s just pure mean.

 

Sobbing, I tried to find my keys inside my bag but failed to do so and I got so pissed off I threw the bag on the floor and it hit the door. Holding back my screams, I kneeled on the floor. Hold it in,Jiae. don’t cry.. find your keys.. I told myself as I tried to find my keys again. I hate it when this happens. I would just want to curl up and hug myself infront of my door but then I remember that I have neighbors and they might walk around here anytime soon.

 

I finally found my keys and I heard someone clearing his throat. I turned and saw Yongguk was standing there with a sad smile. He crouched down and helped me picked up all the books that I took out in order to find my keys. He did it without saying anything and all I can do that time was just to stare at him. I realized how dark his hair was and how ears were slightly pinkish due to the cold weather… or was he embarrassed? He was wearing the same gray sweatpants and black t-shirt and he does smell nice. Just like those twitter posts saying how good men and boys smells. I confirmed it right now after being familiar with Jongup’s scent for about a year.

 

After he zipped up my bag, he turned to look at me and the most genuine smile appeared across his face. Without exchanging any words, we stood up and he handed me my bag. I took it and bowed a little, still tongue-tied. He nodded and walked back to his house. Call him.. you need someone tonight or else it’s going to be hard.. call him, Jiae! Call him! 

 

Click.

 

Closing my eyes and focusing on my breathing, I entered my house, closing the door behind me. His soft yet concern stare somehow made me feel at ease. Without myself noticing, I was already smiling at the thought of Yongguk, the odd producer neighbor who happened to work with my biases. Let’s give it a day.. 

 

 

 

The next morning, I decided to skip school. Therefore, the firs thing I did that morning was texting Jongup that I wont be coming to school and I want to settle down with my thoughts and body before going back to my parents house. After doing so, I made myself some toast and checked all of my social medias. I did some updates and then, that’s it. There’s nothing much to do with my life. I stared into the void.

 

What am I even doing with my life? Do I even have a future? This doesnt even seem normal to anyone. Ah.. mwohanya..

 

Out of the blue, someone knocked on my door. The only two people who will knock instead of ringing the doorbell were Moon Jongup and Bang Yongguk. Anticipating, I ran to my door and opened it. There stood the tall man wearing a quite fancy clothes. He was wearing an army jacket and had a beanie on. He waved. “Hello, did I wake you up?” he asked.

 

I shook my head and frowned afterward. “How’d you know I didn’t go to school?” I asked him. He rubbed his nape nervously and I swore he looked too damn cute. “I didn’t hear you come out from your house and I wasn’t really anticipating for anyone to open the door..” he said as his voice getting softer and softer. “Anyways! Do you want to go to JYP with me? I’m going for a briefing with GOT7 as well. I was thinking if you want to come,” he said all smiley and . Ugh, I hate this guy for having this positive aura. 

 

But then my brain just processed. Did he mention JYP and GOT7 and meet in one single sentence? With a question mark asking whether I am going with him or not? I grinned. I bet I was smiling like a joker that time because I was too happy. “Do you really want me to go with you?” I asked him for a reassurance. He nodded. “It would be nice if you could tell me more about them as well. I really do need to know a bit about them. You know, to get on their good side.”

 

I let him entered the house and told him to wait for a bit so I could go and get ready. I can’t believe my worst day could turn into a very happy one too. GOT7 oppa, wait for meee!! 

 

When I got out all done and feeling pretty, I saw Yongguk was looking around. He was standing at my pictures section. The wall where I hung most of my memories. Even some with my family, which was only during the happiest moments in my life. Can I even call that happiness anymore? 

 

Walking quietly towards Yongguk, I stopped when he was looking at this one picture which obviously showed the scar on my left forearm. It was taken last year before I moved in here. I took with my group of best friend. There were 5 of them in total. Out of all, they were the one who gave me the encouragements to stay alive and become the person I am today. However, I told them also before I moved in here; i really need some times to think back on what I had done in my life. Will you guys wait till the day I come back? And I left..

 

“Oh, Jiae ah..”

 

i swallowed all the sadness inside and fake a smile. “Should we go? I can’t wait to meet GOT7!” I guess, when he saw my smile, he also pretended as if he didn’t see my sadness just now. I guess it’s better this way. I lied to myself and followed him.

 

One fun fact about Yongguk was that he still hasn’t own a driving license because he failed his driving test for about 6 times and he just gave up. Therefore, we both took a cab to go to JYP building. We also talked lots about GOT7 and I was super hype about that and went overboard. When I realized I had just crossed the line, he would just laughed and ruffled my hair, saying that I was cute. Of course, I would hit him and denied. My life was filled with denials anyways.

 

Once we arrived in front of the building, Yongguk’s character seemed to change. He doesn’t smile that bright and he looked serious. I followed him quietly from behind. We both went to the meeting room and all seven members were there siting along with, I assumed, their managers and producers. I bowed to them whilst Yongguk mostly shook hands and gave a slight bow.it seemed like Yongguk is quite big in this producing world.. I thought to myself.

 

Since there were not enough chairs, I had to sit on the sofa and listen to them. I was literally facing the leader, Jackson and Mark and I swore to God, I wasn’t crying in multiple languages because hot damn.. they were hot even wearing casual clothes. Every once in a while, Jackson and I will exchanged eye contact and then shyly looked away. No wonder I stan these handsome! I was literally fangirling deep inside but had to put on a poker face so I wont be labeled as some weirdo.

 

However, there was something else that caught my attention other than GOT7, which was super damn rare for it to happen. It was Bang Yongguk. He looked so cool talking about something that I don’t even understand. The way he jotted down things and spun the pen in between his long fingers. His fingers were long and beautiful. I also noticed that every once and while he would unintentionally his lips and bit it while thinking. Ah, I found your habit there, grandpa.. I smiled cheekily.

 

The meeting ended after about 70 minutes and we finally stood up and said thank you. That was until I heard him saying, “Ah, can my friend here take picture with them?” Yongguk asked the manager. The manager nodded and grinned. “Awh, sure! Feel free!” I quickly bowed before the members began to surround me.

 

“Wahh, you’re so tiny!” was Bambam’s comment when he saw me. I chuckled and nodded. “Nae.. I am very tiny,” I admitted. Then Jackson barged in. “What’s your name?” he asked. Smiling, I replied. “Oh Jiae and I am 18 years old this year.” the 7 of them sang ‘oh’ in a chorus. “Who’s your bias then? Is it me?” Youngjae asked.

 

That made me flustered a little bit. I told them that my bias was JB and also Jackson. When they heard that they started to make fun with each other. We also talked about few stuffs and I got too carried away. I also told them that I also run a page for them and asked whether if its okay to share their pictures and guess what, Bambam was the first one to grab my camera and took tons of selcas. We took so many pictures, I swore if I sell, I might be a damn billionaire by now.

 

After so long, I finally realized about Yongguk. Panicking, I asked them where he’d go. Of course, the GOT7 members wouldn’t know because they were with me the whole time. Finished exchanging goodbyes and numbers, I ran out to find Yongguk. I was also a stupid pea brain for not saving Yongguk’s number in my phone. I ran out from the building, searching for the dearest Yongguk. “Bang Yongguk..” I said in between the heavy breathing I was having and ran around, searching for Yongguk.

 

For some reasons, I wanted to cry but I don’t know the exact reason why. I can always take a cab home but what about Yongguk? Will he go home just fine or will he be worried about me too? If he was worry about me he won’t leave me like this, wouldn’t he? Not giving up, I walked around, searching for him. “Yonggukkie!” I shouted. I don’t like calling him oppa. I wasn’t so sure why. “Gukkie!”

 

I had been walking for 10 minutes but I haven’t seen Yongguk anywhere. Was he mad and left me alone? Those negatives thought began to pour inside my head. Not knowing what to do, I tried to call for Jongup but my fingers wont work. I don’t want to call Jongup. I had burden him enough. When I turned around, I really felt like crying. There, stood the man I was searching.

 

“Where did you go?” was the only thing I could say to him after swallowing such worrisome.

 

 

To Be Continued.

 

 

A/N: do give out some comments and upvotes! oh and i will post a special bap special since i wrote so much.. i just need to compile them XD