chapter one

Puppet

 

(Jiae’s POV)

 

 

The sunlight was the reason why I woke up. It literally burnt my already swollen eyes due to the excessive crying last night. I sat on my bed and d for my phone which I slept with last night. Lately, I just couldn’t control my feelings and it seemed that I am becoming more and more lost in this so-called peaceful world. I heaved a deep sigh and got off from my bed. I was lucky that I moved out from my house months ago or else I will be even more stressed out because of the noise pollution that my younger siblings will make.

 

I decided to stay in this cheap, small apartment alone a year ago because I was done with my life there. I couldn’t handle the evil stares from my stepmom and the discrimination I was having in that house. I am 17 and I will graduate soon, therefore, I should be on my own now. I guess?

 

It was a very bright Saturday morning and I had to get ready for my part time job at the bookstore later. I walked to the kitchen and prepared myself for some breakfast. I also for some music. It’s like a routine for me; wake up, some music, make breakfast and go to school. I guess, if someone marry me in the future, they have to deal with some lazy fatass like me.

 

After heating up some soup from last night, I made myself a cup of coffee and sat down. I began to check all the social medias I have. Since I had so much free time, I even created some fan accounts for GOT7. I mean, who can resist Jackson weird- jokes? What about Bambam constant dabbing? Have you seen Jaebum’s daddy-kink style? Who cry when Jinyoung wants to kill Yugyeom? You are. Also, through this as well, I made friends and it helped me from being all down and blue.

 

Do people even do these stuffs anymore nowadays? I feel dumb. 

 

After finished updating few stuffs, I tossed all the dishes in the sink and went to get some warm shower. As usual, by the time I finished showering, it was already 9 in the morning. I put on the uniform and took my jacket and cap on. Nowadays as well, I wore spectacles. It’s like my alter ego. I will wear spectacles because of two reasons. One; because I am short-sighted. Two; it turned me into someone else. That’s my opinion.

 

I locked the door and kept the keys in my sling bag. “Morning,” the familiar voice greeted me. You know, if I was in those kind of romantic-comedy kdramas, those flower petals with some cringy background will come up right after I see this man. He has this deep, hoarse voice that people often misunderstood him as a grandpa. His eyes were very small and he was damn tall. One feature that I could recognized easily was his neck. He had thick, y neck.

 

“Morning,” I flashed my two-seconds-smile and quickly ran away. I had always been shy around him and I honestly wasn’t sure why. I may be all depress when I am alone but I have my groups of friends and honestly, I am not the quiet type. I am pretty loud and could mingle with anyone. Do you feel me? It’s like one second you are so damn depress and the next second, you are happier than a kid who just get their favorite ice cream.

 

He moved in here way before I did and he was really quiet. He started saying hi and greeted me when I came back home with blood all over my sleeves because I cut. Honestly, I don’t even know his name. Rumor said he was still a student but I had never seen him around the school compound before. i do know people call him something like Josh Dark Guy or whatever his name was and he does some underground music, which was something I would like to know because, who knows? If he ever gets famous, atleast I have things to brag.

 

I arrived at the bookstore and greeted Jongup. He went to the same school as I do and I also got this job thanks to him. Jongup has small eyes and sharp jawline. He’s the quiet type but well, he’s not actually. He’s just weird or I like calling him as the 4D prince. He was smart in his own ways and very cute too. No wonder we got along well. It’s because I am weird too..

 

“Jiae, you want to go grab lunch with me later?” Jongup asked as he handed me the books to be put in the shelves. I took off my cap and tied my hair properly. “Urm, Jongup ah… I need to save some money to.. pay the rent..” I said shyly. He laughed and grinned afterward. “My treat. It’s okay,” he nodded and left me to do his work. That was Moon Jongup, everyone. One of the kids who had some richass family but still work in this kind of store because he just want a normal life.

 

I put on my earphones and began to do my work. Usually, I will work in the morning shift with Jongup during the weekends and during weekdays, I would work for about 4 hours with my friend that I met here, Jinri. She’s 3 years older than I am and very, very tall compared to me. My height is around 152 and she’s almost 170 cm. Ah, people also could easily talk to me because I am small. Jongup was small for boys too. Another reason why we got along so well. I smiled.

 

When the clock strike 12 pm, people started to come and that’s when I would get panic attack. I can handle humans but sometimes, I am scared. Their stares made me feel ty, especially kids. don’t get me wrong, I do like children but I don’t like it when they stared at my eyes. Ah right, my eyes looked as if they are winking. This was one of the reasons that made me stressed out. Ever since I was born, I only had one eye that could function whereas my left eye looked as if it was winking. People who sees me in social medias might think I was winking but no, that’s just my face.

 

As I was checking the books, a woman with her kid were walking to my direction. I could sensed that the kid was already staring at me. I tried my best to avoid any eye contacts with him. Well, that was until Jongup popped out of nowhere and talked with the kid. He even gave the kid a lollipop.

 

“Hyung, why is that noona’s left eye is closed?” I could hear him asking Jongup the infamous question. Without myself knowing, I was actually holding my breath, anticipating Jongup’s answer. “Hmm, she was born that way but isn’t she cute? She looked as if she is winking, am I right?” Jongup convinced the kid. My heart literally went ‘awwwhh’ and I had the courage to actually smile. I took a glance at the kid. He nodded enthusiastically and smiled. “Tell that noona I said hi and thank you for the lollipop, hyung!” and by that he ran to his mom.

 

Jongup stood up and poked me. “Want one?” he took out the coke flavored lollipop and poked my cheek using it. I giggled. “Thanks for saving my again,” I smiled and took the lollipop. “Mind your language, lady,” he grinned and ruffled my hair.

 

It was like any other day, Jongup will try to save me from getting all the weird stares until it was lunch time. We both excused ourselves and changed into our casual clothes. Instead of eating at the typical cheap food court, Jongup brought me to this one restaurant. We took a seat in the middle of the room and he began to order stuffs.

 

“I will payback when I get rich okay?” I told him because I was feeling guilty as but the kid just won’t buy my words. “I heard from Jinri noona that you had been starving for the past few days. I just want you to eat something nice. I cant treat you every day tho. My parents would question me about the card,” he chuckled. Jongup was an angel sent from the above for me. He had always helped me and I am really thankful of him doing so. He knew about my family and he knew that I was living alone in that crappy apartment. He would sometimes come by after his dance practice to give me some chicken or we would hangout at the staircase, talking about homework.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

I arrived at home later than I usually do. When I was busy searching for my house key, I heard footsteps ascending the stairs. My heart began to do some race and my hands were trembling for some odd reasons. “Oh, you,” he approached me. The Josh guy stood beside me, taking out something from his bag. “Hello, neighbor,” I greeted him with some awkward toothy smile and he chuckled.

 

“I just realized we never properly introduce ourselves,” he reached out his hand for a handshake. I literally was dying inside my head. I am amused with myself because I can still pull a calm face on the outside. I took his hand which was wayyy bigger than mine and shook hand with him. “Bang Yongnam. What about yours?” he introduced himself. Oh my lord, what a beautiful name this man has.. “I’m Oh Jiae,”

 

His smile was breathtakingly beautiful and he retreated his hand shyly. “I have to go now, since I will have a guest later. See you around?”

 

I nodded and looked away, “sure,”

 

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

A/N: holler to everyone who found me through my insta!! helloo!! raise your hand my lovely followers huhuhuh