Eyes

Love Language

Myungsoo walked towards Infinite's van parked in the palace parking lot. The corners of his mouth were slightly turned upwards in a small smile, as he the polariod in his hand. "Why are you smiling?", asked Dongwoo suspiciously. All the Infinite members turned to face Myungsoo as he started to feel flustered. " I'm not smiling that much!",Myungsoo insisted. "Hyung! You're definitely smiling!", replied Sungjong cheekily. The members smirked as Myungsoo begin to put on his infamous pokerface. "It must be that girl he met just now", teased Sungyeol with a glint in his eyes as Myungsoo leaned against the window of the car and pretended to sleep. The truth was, there was no way he would be able to sleep now. Eun mi's smiling face and twinkling eyes were imprinted into his memory. The way their eyes had met, the way she looked right into his eyes unafraid, and the way he saw her kindness and genuinity reflected in her eyes made his heart beat faster. He hated to think that the cold, indifferent image of him was what everyone saw. He wasn't always like this. , I used to think I had guarded my heart really well. Especially after what happened to Noona; I know i don't fall in love this easily. How can one girl change everything? One girl who took my breath away without any words. Still, Myungsoo wanted to know more about her. As he nodded off to sleep he chuckled at his newfound motivation to master the English language.
 

*From natalie's POV (for the rest of this chapter)
3 Days later,

You lay restlessly on your silk-laiden bed as you stared longingly at your handphone. *Why hasn't he called or texted? I should have asked for his number too! Oh natalie you pabo.* You thought as you smacked your head with a pillow. Suddenly, Hyemi burst into your room excitedly! "Nat!!!! Guess what! My uncle who owns the famous cafe in Dongdaemun talked to mother on the phone just now, and he needs someone to sing on his stage on wednesday night! We recommended you and I let him listen to the recording i have of you on my phone, and he said he would be honoured to have you sing for him and some special guests who will be present on that day!", Hyemi rambled breathlessly as both of you jumped around on your bed happily. You loved singing, and you've been playing the guitar and composing songs for almost 2 years now. When Dad abandoned you and your mother a few years ago, music helped you to fully express yourself. Since then, You and your guitar were practically inseparable. However, you were pretty shy about singing in public, thus your musical talent remained hidden from many. Despite having a great voice, you felt insecure in front of large audiences. Only Hyemi, your family and your God-family knew, and you were extremely grateful for their support.
As You were left alone in the room, you picked up your taylor affectionately and started plucking the 6 strings. The melodious ringing of the strings was enough to distract you from your disappointment, as you gave you phone one last hopeful look. *Although it seems like a fairytale, In reality We're from two different worlds*, you reprimanded yourself as you turned your attention back to your guitar, swept away in a new melody forming in your head.

Wednesday arrived sooner than expected, leaving you anxious and nervous. As you waited backstage, you said a silent prayer of thanks. Despite the circumstances, you felt priviledged to be given this opportunity to perform. Suddenly, A familiar face emerged from your memory. You recalled a set of deep dark brown eyes, set in a sharp face that was twisted in a shy smile. You sighed, pushing Myungsoo's image away from your mind. Now was definitely not the right time. As you stepped on stage, everyone in the cafe smiled at you hopefully, clapping enthusiastically. Immediately, you felt comforted at the support of your audience, and your genuine smile told them so. Slowly, you strumed your guitar passionately, belting out a self arranged acoustic version of "Listen". Your voice tremoured according to the emotions of the song, stringing the low vibratos smoothly with high soprano notes.

Listen, to the song here in my heart
A melody I start but can't complete
Listen, to the sound from deep within
it's only beginning to find release

Oh the time has come
for my dreams to be heard
They will not be pushed aside or turned
Into your own, all cause you wont, listen

I am alone at a crossroads,
I'm not at home in my own home
and i've tried and tried to say whats on my mind
and you should have known, oh

Now I'm done believing in you
you don't know what i'm feeling
i'm more than what, you made of me
i followed the voice you think you gave to me
but now i've gotta find my own

Halfway through the song, You naturally glanced around the room. It was something you did all the time, making eye contact with your audience allowed you to engage them using music. Only, your gaze fell on a group of boys who had just entered the cafe. You were about to look away when you caught sight of a particular boy. A boy with jet black hair and soulful brown eyes. You knew he saw you too; your eyes met for only the briefest of a second, but you could already feel a blush creeping up your pale cheeks.