Unexpected

Love Language

*Natalie's POV*

Your dreams were vivid and troubling; your face twisted in a deep frown. Beads of cold sweat rolled down your forehead as you suddenly jerked awake. Sitting up on the bed, you tried to take in your surroundings. You were still in Myungsoo's house. Looking out the window, you noticed that the sky had darkened and beams of moonlight were illuminating the streets. I must have fallen asleep.  You launched into slight panic as you wondered how worried Your Godparents must have been without you returning home. Pulling the blanket off your body, you slid off the bed nimbly and reached for your phone. Eight O clock, I must have been asleep for hours. Suddenly, you noticed that there was a piece of paper left by your bedside.

Eun Mi Shi,
Myungsoo's Appa suddenly called me over to help him with his business, I'm sorry for
rushing off without saying goodbye. I couldn't bear to wake you up because you looked
so tired. I'll be going to Japan for a few days, and taking Moonsoo with me. Don't worry
I've already asked Myungsoo to contact your family, asking them to let you stay another
night. Promise me you'll rest well.
-Mrs Kim


Rereading the letter again, you felt your conscience object against you staying over for another night. Aside from the fear of inconveniencing the Kim family, you couldn't bear to face Myungsoo again. Especially since it was For a whole night, and you two would be alone. Placing a palm over your heart, you heard its silent answer. The hurt from this afternoon would require time to subside. You needed time alone, to ponder about this friendship, and to move on. Love isn't love when its one-sided. Filled with determination, you started to gather your belongings, hoping to leave the house quietly. creak . Turning around upon hearing the sudden sound, a sense of nervousness gripped you tightly. Myungsoo had entered the room. His eyes showed seriousness, but did not register anger. "Myungsoo..i'm.. just..going.t.o..le.ave", you stammered whilst steadying yourself against the bedpost. Slinging your bag on your shoulder, you avoided his piercing gaze. When he didn't reply, you strided pass him and towards the door. However, just as you passed him, he swiftly grabbed your wrist. Shocked at the unexpected contact, you looked back at him nervously. "Don't go", he said firmly as he looked at you with pleading eyes. Your heart started to leap in your chest, and every fibre of your body longed to listen to him. But there's no point, I have to be strong for the both of us. Putting on a fake nonchalent/unaffected expression on your face, you yanked your arm away from him, ignoring the sad expression that immediately filled his eyes. Tears threatened to form but you forced yourself to remain strong, at least till you got out of the house. Not looking back, you started to walk out of the room. Being strong is too hard, I'm sorry Myungsoo. As you walked through the living room, you heard urgent footsteps behind you. Suddenly, a pair of warm arms encircled you from behind, capturing you in an urgent back hug. Stunned, you froze in your footsteps as your heart launched into a frenzy of beats. You felt him rest his head on your shoulder gently as he continued hugging you. "Eun Mi. I said please don't go", he whispered in a voice that was etched with pain and regret, as his hold on you tightened. Hearing the conflict in his voice made your own heart hurt, as you fought to control your emotions. Myungsoo, don't you know doing this will only make it harder for me to forget you. Aching with the pain of unrequitted love, a single tear rolled down your cheek as your breath hitched. I don't think i can leave you, not now especially . Your heart had won over your mind. You slowly reached up and placed your hand on Myungsoo's arm that was wrapped around you.  As if hearing your silent answer, Myungsoo lifted his head and turned you around to face him. Seeing the fond expression that was in his eyes, you almost thought he liked you too. almost, but not quite. Then, he pulled you to his chest and hugged you tightly. As his hands caressed your head and your back, you took in the clean scent of his clothes, the steady beat of his heartbeat, and the warmth of his embrace. This might be the last time i get to feel his embrace, afterall theres no way a boy like him could like a girl like me. You were satisfied with the moments both of you shared. Wanting to prolong the moment, you leaned in closer against his chest as he continued to hold you tenderly.

A while later, you were sitting on the living room sofa. Your cheeks were rosy, and your heartbeat still refused to slow down. At that moment, Myungsoo entered the room with a first aid kit. Kneeling down on the floor in front of you, he gently took your right hand. "Myungsoo, What.are...you. doing?", you asked curiously. "Shhh", he replied gently as he caressed your wrist. Blushing at his touch, you looked at your wrist, noticing that the ugly red mark had turned into bruises and slight abrasions. Myungsoo's eyes were filled with regret and sadness, as he recalled how he had hurt you. Silently, he applied oinment onto your bruises, before gingerly wrapping your wrist up in a bandage. When it was done, he held on to your wrist with both hands. "Eun mi..", he whispered as you looked up at him. "Mhmm?", you asked with a slight smile. "I'm really sorry for hurting you.", Myungsoo replied with a serious expression. Touched at his sincere apology, you nodded to indicate that you forgave him. Then, Myungsoo raised your wrist and kissed it gently, as a blush crept up your pink cheeks again.