Hurt and empty promises

Love Language

*Natalie's POV*

The urgent and forceful pull of Myungsoo's hand was hurting you. As both of you ran into the park, the tension in the air was marked with steady panting. Running into a secluded corner of the park, Myungsoo suddenly stopped short. His hand still clenched yours with the same intense grip, as he panted heavily in frustration. Panting with fatique that was coupled with fear, you tried to pull your hand away. However, he refused to let go of you. Instead, he increased his grip on your frail wrist. "Oppa let go of me! It hurts!", you shouted in anger that was mixed with hurt. Your vision was no longer clear as watery pools of tears glazed over your brown eyes. Doesn't he care that he's hurting me. Having no choice, Myungsoo released your wrist forcefully and turned to face you. His angelic face was distorted in frustration; his eyebrows furrowed in a frown as his eyes registered anger. He looked at you sternly, as the intensity of his gaze forced you to take a few steps back. Rubbing your wrist that was now circled with a angry red mark, you were afraid. Taking a few steps towards you with the same angry expression, Myungsoo didn't care that you were backing away from him. "Why are you avoiding me", Myungsoo barked angrily, his annoyance reflected in his demanding eyes. "I..i.. di.din't", you choked out as tears welled up in your eyes. "Don't lie to me! You haven't even looked me in the eye since I got home", he shouted. His forceful and loud tone seemed to stab you in the heart. You looked away tearfully as you backed up against a tree, unable to answer him. Suddenly, you felt two arms landing rapidly on the tree trunk, one on each side of your face. You were imprisoned. Myungsoo now trapped you against the tree, as he leaned in close to you. Only this time, your heart didn't tingle with excitement. You were hurting; hurt that this was the boy you loved and you could do nothing about it. Sensing that his face was now even closer to yours, you kept your face turned to the side; your right cheek grazing the rough surface of the tree bark. "Answer me!", he insisted loudly as his hot angry breath flooded your face. Mustering all the last of the courage you had, you turned to slowly face him. However, you weren't strong enough. You couldn't stop the steady flow of tears that were falling down your cheeks. You couldn't stop them from staining your pale face. You couldn't stop new fresh tears from welling up. You couldn't stop the hurt that was clenching at your heart, reflecting in your watery eyes. Looking fearfully into Myungsoo's angry eyes, your own eyes were flooded with hurt. Hurt that seemed to make your whole body shiver, leaving you pale and exhausted. Finally, Myungsoo seemed to realise how much you were hurting. Looking into your eyes, he seemed to snap out of the state he was in. His angry expression soon softened into a worried one as he noticed the extent of your tear-stained face. Slowly, he removed his arms that were trapping you, his gaze still fixed on your hurt expression. You couldn't take it anymore. Pushing his body away, you ran off towards the house, tears still escaping your eyes as you wiped them off furiously.

You didn't want to run into Myungsoo's house, but running home was not an option. Your Godfamily would be worried sick, plus in such a condition, you weren't confident of keeping the truth from them. As you ran through the front door, you rubbed your eyes frantically, worried of Myungsoo's mother being present. However, she was no longer in the kitchen or living room. Letting out a sigh of relief, you ran into the room that you occupied the previous night, your steps heavy with the burden of sadness that you were carrying. Finally alone, you curled up into a ball, sitting on the floor beside the bed. Taking comfort in solitude, you allowed yourself to sob silently. Tears were falling down in fresh urgent batches as you recalled the earlier event. Doesn't he know why I'm doing this? I'm avoiding him because i know life isn't a fairytale. Princes don't end up with paupers, and I want to try not to like him. I'm trying my best, but why is my heart hurting from his anger? You felt so weighed down, frustrated at how your heart wouldn't listen to your mind. After an hour, you had cried there were no tears left. However, your heart still felt broken. Looking around the room halfheartedly, you spotted a guitar beside the bed. Picking it up gingerly, you sat it in your lap, comforted by the music that could help you express yourself. Taking in a deep breath, you plucked the strings nimberly as you sang softly.

Hands touch, eyes meet, sudden silence, sudden heat
hearts leap in a giddy world
He could be that boy, but I'm not that girl
Don't dream too far,
don't lose sight of who you are,
don't remember that rush of joy.
He could be that boy, I'm not that girl
 
Every so often we long to steal,
to the land of what might have been,
but that doesn't soften the ache we feel
when reality sets back in

Don't wish, Don't start
Wishing only wounds the heart
I wasn't born for the rose and pearl
He could be that boy, but I'm not that girl
(Credits: Wicked-I'm not that girl/with some adjustments)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Myungsoo was at a loss. Things didn't go the way he had planned, and now he had hurt the girl he loved instead. I'm such an idiot. he ran his hands through his jet black hair in frustration as he followed your trailing figure back into the house. His heart was lurching with worry and guilt in making you cry. I have no right to like her. I'm sorry Eun Mi, i really didn't mean to hurt you. It's just hard to endure the pain i feel, whenever I think you don't feel the same way about me. But I have no right to do so. I'm such a coward for not being able to tell you all these, and for not being able to tell you that I'm falling for you. Instead of protecting you, I made you cry. I'm so sorry.
Myungsoo's anger was now replaced with guilt and fear that he had pushed you too hard. Wanting to check on you, he silently paced up the stairs, sitting directly outside your door. Just as his worry for you overweighed his pride, and he was about to knock on your door, he heard the gentle playing of the guitar. A soft, trembling voice floated through the door as Myungsoo sat as close to the door as possible, listening attentively to the song you were singing. Over the course of knowing you, his english had improved tremendously. He was able to understand the lyrics you were singing, and with every stanza that you sang, his heart was aching. is that what you were hiding in your heart all along? Is that why you were avoiding me? You think I'm too good for you, and that I would never like you more than a friend. But have you thought about how maybe you're the one thats too good for me.  Half touched and half worried, Myungsoo trudged back to his room, his mind flooded with thoughts of the one and only girl that he loved




Hey readers! A really long chapter for you guys <3 thanks for supporting me through my first fanfic! I really hope to hear from you guys more so please please pleaseeeeee leave me a comment, i always feel so happy seeing new subscribers and comments! You guys really make my day (: