Will you be my valentine? (Part 1)

Love Language

*Natalie's POV*

It's that day again. You sighed in resignation as you slipped out of your bed. For the past few years, Valentine's day never felt like a special day. You had always spent it in school, and with your best girlfriends. However, for the first time since you arrived in Korea, you felt especially lonely. It didn't help over the past few days, You couldn't even forget Valentine's if you tried. The streets were filled with shops that hung various Valentine's slogans and posters. Flowers, Chocolates and gifts were selling at store fronts everywhere; it seemed to only remind you of the pain of unrequitted love. Come on, Be strong! It's just one day. Checking your phone, you found a message from your mother!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! i sent you something special!
-mother

Smiling to yourself, you didn't hear a knocking on your door. Suddenly, the door swang open abruptly and a guilty looking Hye Mi walked in.
"Happy valentines dayyyyyy Hyemi!", you hugged her tightly. "Happy valentine's!", she answered, albeit a little worriedly. "Whats wrong. Spill it!, you demanded, knowing that something was clearly bothering your Godsister. With a look that was joy mingled with reluctance, Hyemi pulled you towards the bed as you both sat down. "I'm so sorry Nat. I wanted to spend valentines with you, but this morning i got a call from Hoya oppa. He asked me out since he doesn't have a group or personal schedule today. Should I go?", Hyemi muttered conflictedly. "of course you should go silly!", you exclaimed. You were happy for her Godsister, and Hoya was definitely a great catch. "Will you be all right alone?", Hye mi asked worriedly, and you were touched at her concern for you. She deserved it. You hugged her excitedly and insisted that you would be fine alone. "I'm a little tired, so I'd really want to rest at home too", you lied to make her feel better.

That's how you found yourself alone at home an hour later. After picking out clothes for Hyemi's date, doing up her hair and helping her with her makeup, your Godsister looked ravishing. Hoya Oppa is one lucky guy . Giggling to yourself, your laughter was soon replaced by a daunting sense of loneliness. Curling up on the sofa, the only sound you could hear was the ticking of the family's grandfather clock. Aunty and Uncle kim had left on a sweet date, and the family's helpers were all given a day off. Sighing in defeat, you let your thoughts wander. Soon you were thinking about Myungsoo again. After that night, you hadn't heard from Myungsoo since. You missed him. His brown eyes, the sound of his low voice, and the warmth of his touch. Maybe it's for the better. Maybe's he's helping me to forget him.  It took all the self control you had, not to text him.However, you found yourself wishing that you could spend this day with him. He was the only one you wanted as your valentine. Even though you were happy for Hyemi, You were envious of Her and Hoya. No text from him yet, maybe he's busy with a personal schedule? Tired of finding excuses for him, you realised that you were tired. Tired of feeling this way. I Need some fresh air  Changing to more presentable clothes, you pulled on a coat and left the house wearily.

Instantly, the cool fresh air and fluffy snow made you feel refreshed. Putting on your headphones, you your Ipod. Walking leisurely, you marvelled at the snow coated trees and buildings. Matching your footsteps with the tempo of the music, you marvelled at the footprints left behind in the snow. Stopping by a cafe, you ordered a piping hot caramel macchiato and continued walking. Holding the hot cup with both hands, the warmth spread from your hands to your toes. Soon, you arrived in your neighbourhood park. Finding a secluded spot, you dusted the snow away from the surface of a wooden bench. Satisfied, you sat down and sipped from your hot cup. I feel better already. At the moment, your ipod shuffled to a song from the Heartstrings OST. Listening to Park Shin Hye's version of I will forget you, you found yourself tearing up again.

 I will forget you. Starting today,
I don’t know you. I have never seen you.
We never even walked pass eachother.
I’m okay. I forgot everything. I’m happy with my busy life.
I’ve met a great person too.Love is always like this. It fades away after some time.
Can’t even remember it, Oh.

When love goes away, another love comes again. It definitely will.
Even if it hurts now, it will hear a little later.
It will forget. I will too.

It’s not difficult. I will forget everything after today.
I’m just getting used to my changed life. Oh~ No.

Love is always like this. It fades away after some time.
Can’t even remember it. Yes~

When love goes away, another love comes again. It definitely will.
Even if it hurts now, it will hear a little later.
It will forget. I will too.

I will erase everything.
I definitely will.

When love goes away, another love comes again. It definitely will.
Even if tears fall now, I will smile a little later.
I will (now) forget you (now). Just like a wound heals…
I will. I will. I will forget you


Stifling a sniff, a tear escaped and rolled down your cheek. Suddenly, a wad of tissue paper was held up in front of you. Surprised, you immediately collected your emotions. Turning around, you didn't realise that someone was sitting beside you. "Why are you crying! Don't cry!", his usual adorable expressions replaced with a stern and concerned one. "Dongwoo oppa?", you gasped. With the same worried expression, Dongwoo wiped your tear away. Comforted with his presence, you stopped crying and turned off your ipod. "Well?", Dongwoo insisted. "Oppaa, I don't know how to tell you this", you stammered. "Wait!", Dongwoo suddenly quirped while running off towards an ice cream cart. Watching your adorable oppa, you brightened unknowingly. "Here oppa bought you ice cream! Now you can continue", Dongwoo said with a goofy smile on his face. Gathering courage, you told him everything, including how you felt about Myungsoo. Expecting a shocked reaction from Dongwoo, you were blown away when he shot you a gentle smile. "I know",he answered in a deadpan. "You, KNOW?!", you exclaimed. Laughing at your cute reaction, he explained gently. "We're your oppas Eun Mi. We've seen the way you both look at each other, the way you both banter, the way you make each other smile, and the way you steal looks at each other".  When he saw you give a wistful smile, he continued. "Myungsoo. He's very different from the rest of us. On the outside, he appears to be strong, proud and cold-hearted. But on the inside, he's a softie. He's sensitive and emotional.As the eldest in the family, he had to appear strong and responsible. Most of the time, he does it to protect himself from being hurt. Now, he's pretty much used to it. We all can see that you're special to him, Eun Mi.  There must be a reason for him acting like this, and I hope that you won't give up on him. ".  Feeling a surge of pain for Myungsoo's struggles, you whispered. "I don't think I could even if I tried".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part 1 of this valentines day! (: How are you guys ! I've missed hearing from you all! Thanks for leaving me comments to improve (:
In case i wasn't v clear about why Eun Mi said that it's the last time (When Myungsoo was hugging her), was that she feels that Myungsoo doesn't like her(That its not possible), so she'll never feel his embrace again!  hehehhe I liked that chappie! Continue leaving me comments! Kamsahamidaaaa~