The arrival

Love Language

" I cant believe we're actually in Korea! ", Natalie exclaimed dreamily.
Hyemi smiled and patted her best friend's shoulder, whilst her mother, Aunty Kim loaded their luggages into the car's spacious boot. Since the pre-university exams were over, Hyemi and her mother brought Natalie along for their annual visit to Korea. "Kamsahamida~" whispered Natalie shyly to their chaffeur who opened the car doors for her. She was definitely not used to this kind of superior treatment. Hyemi's dad was a distinguised businessman who had established himself as a leader in Korea's trading industry, but despite their wealth, the family remained humble and down-to-earth. It was exactly what Natalie loved most about her God-parents and sister. As the car took off at a steady speed, Natalie whipped out her camera to capture the perfect scenery that was a transition between the autumn and winter seasons. She was gifted, a skilled photographer that could capture exact moments, fragments of reality. It was her passion and joy, one that showcased her true emotional side that she often hid. "Eun mi, make sure you capture the moment where the first snow starts to fall" her aunty kim reminded lovingly. She had always insisted on calling Natalie by her korean name, one that was based on her chinese name, en hui. Natalie felt a sense of warmth whenever her Godparents called her that; it made her feel like they were truly a family.

Upon reaching her God-family's house, Natalie glanced out the window and gasped in awe. " It's beautiful", she whispered at the breath-taking view. A mansion that was tastefully furnished with a tinge of elegance, and nothing too fancy. Once again, she admired the Kim family's restrain in indulgence. When she entered her specially furnished room, a sight to behold greeted her.

   

Immediately, Natalie felt her eyes tear up. Her God-parents understood her perfectly; what she found comfortable, what she liked. They respected her understated sense of elegance and designed a room especially for her. "Do you like it eun mi?" Her Godmother probed. "kamsahamidaa omma!!!", Natalie cried as she embraced her Godmother. "Aigoo, you're going to be here for 3 months Eun mi, we need to make sure you can sleep comfortably", aunty kim assured as she wiped away Natalie's tears. She called her Godma mother, because she truly treated Natalie as her daughter.

As the family gathered in the hall, Butler lee informed them of a spontaneous family meeting for the Kims. Apparently, their great grandfather had requested for every member to be present, without excuse. Natalie was given a choice to join her God-sister and parents at the meeting, or stay at home. "Actually Omma, I was thinking of going to visit the Ancient Palace here in Seoul. It must be beautiful at this season and I want to capture a few photos for mum back home" Natalie requested. "That's a wonderful idea Eun mi, both of us have seen the palace before" Aunty Kim said gesturing to her daughter Hyemi,
"It's really beautiful, really!", exclaimed HyeMi in response. It was decided finally that Mr Lee, the Kim family chaffeur would drive Natalie to the Palace and pick her up in 2 hours.

As she was driven through the city of Seoul, she was reminded of how she fell in love with the country's culture, traditions and lifestyle. She admired the support rendered by the country and government to the music industry, which was a contrast to how things were back home. She was a new kpop fan, and into her first year, she really looked up to the hardworking artistes. Her favourites had to be 2ne1 and Infinite. She was a fan that admired their dedication more than their looks, aegyo or winks. As she saw the characteristic tiled roofs of the palace peeking through the trees, she smiled earnestly, eager to lose herself in the city's history and traditions.