Party

Love Language

*From Eun Mi's POV* Again ^^


The ringing of the doorbell seemed to resound for a long time before the door opened. Behind the sturdy wooden door stood a man in tall stature. His face was carved with a classic greasy smile. "Jagiyaaaa! you came!", he cooed happily as you rolled your eyes. Noticing Hyemi, he beckoned to her to enter as well. As you passed him, he whispered to you, "Who's your pretty friend". "Hyemi. Oppa you better not try anything funny", you tried to warn menacingly. "I'm especially nice to pretty ladies you know", he replied innocently. As you turned to look at him, he was already grabbing Hyemi's hand in an eager handshake before ushering her to a seat. Some things never change, you thought as you followed the both of them. The party was full of people and you realised that you didn't know anyone beside the infinite oppas. As you took a seat beside SungJong, he introduced you to the crowd which comprised of infinite's managers, stylists and coordinators. I wonder where Myungsoo is, you couldn't help but think. As if he read your thoughts, Dongwoo nudged you to follow him. Looking back at Hyemi, she was engaging in a conversation with Hoya, their faces lit with animated smiles. Turning your attention back to Dongwoo, He walked you a secluded corner of the house and pointed to a door. "You'll find him in there!", he smiled knowingly. "Thanks oppa", you said embarassed at how transparent your feelings were. As you opened the door to the kitchen, you saw the familiar shadow of a back. He was crouching over the food, finishing up the last touches on the appetisers. You took the opportunity to watch him silently, as the familiar warm feeling spread across your body. Slowly, you crept up behind him, making sure your footsteps were silent. From behind, you enveloped his body in a back hugging action but moved your hands upwards to cover his eyes. Hearing his grunt of disappointment, you chuckled. "Guess who ", you asked while trying to disguise your voice. Suddenly, something warm fell over your hands. Myungsoo grabbed your hands gently, and spun around to face you. With his eyes still closed shut, you allowed yourself to blush conspiciously. "I know its you, Eun Mi", he whispered before opening his eyes. Everything. His eyes, his voice , his touch. They make my heart flutter like the first time we met. Everyday feels like the first . your thoughts were interupted when something warm was placed in your mouth. Almost protesting, you were halted by the delicious taste that overwhelmed your tastebuds. You your lips satisfyingly. "And I thought woohyun was the good cook", you mentioned in a deadpan as laughter filled the quiet room.

After a deliciously satisfying dinner, the Infinite oppas, Hyemi and You were seating in the living room. Myungsoo was playing the role of a gracious host, running around and making sure everything was running smoothly. You smiled in understanding, thanking God that you still had the rest of your Infinite Oppas. "Why are you smiling so happily Eun mi!", Sungyu smirked. "What did Myung do to you now", Sungyeol said with a mischievious look on this face. You chuckled and hit Sungyeol playfully. Suddenly, your phone beeped continously. You glanced at your screen and noticed that it was your mum. Excusing yourself from the table, you shot Hyemi a private look as she gestured you to answer your call. Searching for a quiet place at the party was a difficult task. You pushed past the crowd into a less occupied wing of the house. Pushing past more sliding doors, you found yourself outside beside the pool. A gentle breeze was blowing, as the waters lapped against the stone boundaries of the pool, making an almost calming sound. Sitting down on a daybed, you answered the call.

 

"Mummy", you called out eagerly
"Nat dear, how have you been in korea", your mother's familiar voice seemed to resound in your heart. You missed hearing her voice everyday.
"I'm well mummy. Aunty Kim and Hyemi have been taking really good care of me"
"Of course they would. You're my precious only daughter". You made out a slight wobble in her voice that clutched at you.
"And you're my precious mother. How are you?", you asked calmly as you fought to steady your voice.
"Ah.. Well. Not to worry my dear. It's been raining these days at home, and my joints are acting up again". You could hear the reluctance in her voice. Your mother knew you best and wanted you not to worry.
"Use the cream that I gave you, take care okay!", you urged as tears threatened to form.
"Don't worry about me dear, I'm more worried about my daughter. How is the weather, have you been eating well? I wish you were here with me so I could make sure you are taking care of yourself", mother nagged familiarly. Only this time, her nagging brought you a sense of home that you missed. Home was only home with her. A glistening sheet of tears blocked your vision as you tried not to blink, willing the tears not to fall.
"Mu..m.. I Miss..you.",you said with a slight whimper.
"You silly child. Your mother misses you too, She loves you alot you know". That did it for you. As you blinked in resignition, the tears fell down your cheeks like shining pearls.
"I love you too", you said with a sob.
"Don't cry my Natalie. If you cry, my heart will break too mhmm", your mother said with a clear tremble. She was still trying to be strong for you.
"I know. I have to go mum.. Goodbye..", you stammered. It took all the will you had to end the call with your mother, but you couldn't handle the immense desire for you to be home in her arms.
"Goodbye. Remember, I'll always love you"

 

As you ended the call, your phone fell limply into your lap as tears continued to flow. I miss you. Burying your head in your arms, you tried to stop the tears that flowed endessly. The tears that you had been bottling up fell repeatedly, each glistening drop representing the hidden emotions that were tied to your family's past. As you continued to sob, you were unaware that someone was sitting in front of you. Suddenly, You felt a pair of warm, comforting hands envelope you, pulling you closer . Glancing up, you saw a familiar face filled with worry. The moon's light reflected off the water's surface and illuminated his face. His warm fingers cupped your face gently, as he wiped away your tears with his thumbs. "O.p.paa", you manged to choke out, your voice completely unstable. Sensing your immediate need, he crushed you closer to his chest. In his comforting arms, you could feel his heartbeat as you leaned against his chest, crying your heart out. He ran his hands up and down your back, patting you comfortingly as his soothing voice called out to you. "Shhh. It's okay Eun Mi. I'm here for you". His warm brown eyes were glistening with worry and pain. Taking strength in the support he was rendering you, you continued to cry until there were no tears left. Soon, you were shuddering in cold sweat as the cold winter's wind beat against the both of you. Exhausted emotionally, you closed your eyes and listened to the rhythmic heartbeat of the man you loved. As your body loosened in exhaustion, Myungsoo pushed your hair behind your ears and caressed your face lovingly. Glancing at your tear-stained face, his heart tightened with the pain in seeing you like this. I'll always be here for you. I'll take care of you, now and forever. I promise you. Slowly, he leaned forward and planted a light kiss on your forehead as he hugged you close to his chest.
 

Hi guys! I hope you like this chapter (: I personally really like the Eun Mi-Myungsoo interaction here! Sorry for the time i took to update, i had to work temporarily for the past few days, and i'm starting part time work really soon! But i promise to continue updating! thanks for taking the time to read my really lacking novel (: I really appreciate the support! All you silent readers please leave comments mhm, i would LOVE you hear from you guys (: God bless!