Sweet Nothings

Love Language

Eun Mi's POV

Raindrops beat rhythmically against the windows, and the sky outside darkened into a gentle shade of grey. You were curled up on the floor of Myungsoo's house. Lying comfortably on your tummy, you were flipping through a favourite book. Though, you were definitely not paying due attention to the paper pages you were . Beside you, Myungsoo was lying peacefully on his back, a slight smile perpetually forming on his face. You glanced stealthily sideways, making sure that his eyes were closed. Propping yourself up on an elbow, you smiled lovingly at him. You admired his angelic features, features on the boy that you had grown to love more than you could ever imagine. I can't believe we're finally together. It had been two weeks since valentines day, and both of you were getting to know more about each other in the new title as a couple. You were amazed at how you had grown to love him more over a mere two weeks, and equally intrigued at how your heart responded to him with the same butterflies as the first time. Smiling wistfully, you curled up onto your side facing him. Suddenly, his eyes fluttered open as he tilted his head towards you. "Hey! Aren't you supposed to be sleeping?", you reprimanded playfully. "How could I? You were staring and talking to me", he whispered defensively, his lips curling into a familiar smirk. Blushing, you replied curiously "Did you hear me say something myung? I didn't talk out loud did I? Maybe you were dreaming about me?"  His deep brown eyes searched intently for yours, before gazing at you gently. Slowly, he wriggled closer to you, your faces just mere centimetres away. "I heard your heart", he whispered before looking away slightly embarassed. He could say the cheesiest things, but you loved him all the same. Touched at his sweet confession, you snuggled close against his chest. "I'm cold", you whined. Chuckling at how adorable you were, he enveloped you in a hug as he tried to keep you warm. Soon, the raindrops seemed to patter against the windows in more urgent rhythms as the rain grew heavier. "Myung. I'm still pretty cold", you admitted as you tried to wriggle out of his embrace. However, he only held you tighter, locking you in his loving embrace. "I know. But let's just stay like this for a while more", he muttered honestly, as you hugged him back. After a few minutes, Myungsoo released you reluctantly as went to grab some blankets. Standing up, you shivered slightly from the breeze. Making your way to the empty kitchen, you took out two cups and opened the cabinets to grab packets of chocolate powder. Soon, you had two piping hot cups of hot chocolate ready. Smiling at the warm steam that was escaping the cups, you opened a packet of mashmellows to top it off. "Let me get that", Myungsoo offered from behind you as he carried the two hot cups to the living room. Upon re-entering the living room, you laughed at it's transformation. Myungsoo had thrown huge pillows and a large blanket onto the futon couch, making it look almost like a castle. Both of you snuggled on the couch, blankets pulled up to your knees, hands wrapped around warm cups of hot chocolate. Soon the both of you were reminiscing about the past, days that you had spent together as friends. "Oppa, that valentines day. What if I didn't go to the Han River Park, or enter that forest trail? What would you have done? It was quite scary you know!", you bantered playfully. His face lighted up with a proud grin. "Well, I actually planted all the Infinite members along the way to make sure you followed my post its! Sungjong and Sungyeol were stationed outside your house, Sungyu and Woohyun were hiding at the park entrace, and Hoya and Dongwoo were waiting amongst the trees along the trail", he replied mischieviously. You almost spit out your hot chocolate. "SERIOUSLY MYUNGSOO?".you exclaimed in disbelief. "Hey, it's not safe to have you wandering in the park you know. Plus, I had been waiting for the right time to make you mine and I didn't want anything to get in the way of it.", he replied with a smirk as he pinched your nose teasingly. Laughing, you smacked him playfully on the shoulder. Leaning back against his broad chest, you whispered genuinely. "Thanks Myung myung".  You felt him place his head on top of yours, his hand finding yours and holding it tightly. Then, he kissed your forehead tenderly. "No jagiya. Thank You for being mine", he whispered, dimples dancing happily on the face you loved.