Meeting in the palace

Love Language

Natalie continued snapping photographs of the falling leaves, as a smile tugged on her pretty face. Suddenly, she felt someone tap her shoulder gently. Stunned, she spun around swiftly, crashing into the figure in front of her. "Mianhe!", Natalie exclaimed embarassed at her clumsiness. As she raised her head, her heart kicked into a epiphany of beats . The man that stood in front of her had a perfectly sculptured face, and a exquisitely chiselled jaw. His eyes were brown and filled with warmth; she felt herself drowning in the intensity of his stare. "It's okay, you left this behind", the man said in korean as he held out Natalie's polaroid that she had left behind. Recovering herself from the intial shock, she realised he was speaking korean that she didn't understand. But sure enough, she could understand his body language that was gesturing at her to take her polaroid. "Kamsahamida, mi..an.hae. cho nen hangeu aniaeyo" Natalie stuttered, explaining that she wasn't korean. Stiffly she took the polaroid from him as he smiled questioningly. Natalie took the opportunity to ask him the question that had been flooding her mind since she laid eyes on him, "Are you L from infinite?" she blushed exceedingly. "Yeah, I'm myungsoo", He replied unsurely, giving his lack of proficiency in the English language away. Obviously embarassed at his English, Myungsoo rubbed the back of his neck shyly. "kamsahamida, myungsoo-shi", Natalie said as she looked reassuringly into his eyes. "Your welcome", Myungsoo replied with a smirk as they both burst out in friendly laughter. As if establishing that they were now friends, Myungsoo held out his hand as Natalie took it gently.
Myungsoo then gestured towards Natalie's DSLR, miming that he wanted to see her photos. Natalie blushed as she placed the camera into Myungsoo's hands. She hardly showed her pictures to anyone, except her family and God-family. She was fearful, afraid that others would see her true emotions through her photos, that were a window into her soul. However with Myungsoo, things felt almost natural, like they had met a thousand times before this way. A genuine smile plastered itself on Myungsoo's face as he scrolled through the photos, "Daebak!" he exclaimed proudly as Natalie smiled brightly. "You're a really good photographer that captures things naturally!" he continued in korean forgetting that Natalie didn't understand. As if he suddenly remembered, he took out his Iphone and opened google translate, setting the translation to be from korean to English. Upon gesturing to Natalie to do the same, she changed her settings as well to translate English to Korean. It was like this that they continued conversing for the next half an hour about photography, as Myungsoo showed Natalie around the palace.
Suddenly, Natalie gasped and glanced at her watch. It was 3.05pm and she was late! "I'm late! I have to leave now", she typed frantically into her phone before showing it to Myungsoo. "Wait! We need to meet again!", Myungsoo replied through the translation device, clearly impatient at the communication barrier they faced. " I don't know your name", Myungsoo spoke for the first time in the half hour, desperate. Natalie smiled knowingly and pulled out the polaroid from her pocket. After scribbling on it, she passed it to Myungsoo quickly as she ran out of the palace. As Myungsoo watched her retreating back, he stared intensely at the polaroid as a smile begun to form

<< My number is #####
                                   -Natalie >>

 

Hey guys! this is the first time in my life i'm writing a fanfic! i hope you guys are enjoying it (: PLEASE LEAVE ME COMMENTS so i can improve! Also I need help with the poster for this story so if you are good with this kinda stuff please message meeee! I'd really appreciate it!!!! THANKS GUYS!