Almost

Love Language

*Eun Mi's POV

"It's really enough auntie", you said repeatedly as Myungsoo's mother generously piled your plate with delicious-looking bread. You had fallen asleep again, and the second time you woke up, Myungsoo had left for a schedule. Making your way downstairs carefully, you were greeted affectionately by a woman who was a splitting image of Myungsoo. It was obvious that Myungsoo inherited his mum's eyes, only on her they were filled with kindness and friendliness. Embarassed to have stayed the night, you apologized politely to the beautiful lady, who shocked you by embracing you in  a reassuring hug. "Gwenchana, Just remember that our home is always open to you", she said lovingly and from that moment, you knew that you instantly liked her. "Thank you so much", you exclaimed upon seeing the scrumptious breakfast she had prepared for you. "It's fine. You need to eat to regain your energy after last night", she said with a bright smile. With a smile of gratitude forming on your own face, you allowed yourself to consume as much as you needed. In the past, you would never allow yourself to eat like that. But you felt like you needed some comfort food, plus Auntie was a great cook. Soon, you and her were chatting away and you told her about your mother. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. "I'll get it auntie!", you exclaimed enthusiastically, eager to be of use. Before you could leave the table, Myungsoo's mother took your hand gently. "Eun Mi, I've always wanted a daughter. No matter what, you have me alright?", she patted your  hand reassuringly. Touched, you gave her a sudden hug, wanting to show your appreciation at her kind words. "Alright Alright, we better get that door", she chuckled as the door bell continued to ring.

Running to the door, you pulled it open abruptly. The first thing you saw were a pair of familiar brown eyes that were filled with curiousity. "Oh, you're awake!", Myungsoo asked gently. "Ye..ahhh", you mumbled whilst looking away. After what happened last night, I just can't seem to look him in the eye. Ahh, its gonna be awkward. Forcing yourself to turn your attention back to him, you noticed that he was carrying bags of groceries. "Oh, let me help you with that", you asked absentmindedly. As if the spirit of clumsiness posessed you that instant, or as if your awkwardness overwhelmed you, you tripped over the doormat. Crashing on Myungsoo, it almost felt like dejavu. He reached out and caught you before you touched the floor, but as a result the groceries were now strewed over the house. Cursing silently, you winced with embarassment. Tilting your head upwards, you and Myungsoo's faces were just inches away. He held me like this last night you reminised momentarily. Then you snapped back to reality and sprung back on your feet. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry", you apologized profusely whilst avoiding his gaze. Unfazzled, he didn't seem to notice that the heat had rushed to your cheeks. "You really have to be careful", he snapped. His sharp tone cut through your heart like a knife. Was he angry. Somehow, the thought of him being angry at you made your eyes slightly watery. Controlling your tears, you turned to face him with your pokerface on. Now, he was just picking up the groceries silently. Biting your lips, you helped pick up the fruits strewn over the front porch. He isn't talking, he must be angry you thought distractedly as you reached for an apple lying beside the door. Instead of a cool hard surface, you touched a warm and soft hand instead. Immediately, your face burned with awkwardness and you drew your hand back rapidly. It was almost as if you touched a poisonous snake. It was all too much for you to bear, and you turned away. Almost taking off for the garden, you were stopped by a hand enveloping yours. It tugged on yours urgently, and when you didn't stop running, it pulled back with such force that you almost doubled over. Myungsoo's face was stitched with a frown, whilst those gentle brown eyes registered anger and frustration. "We need to talk", he barked before pulling you towards the park opposite his house.