somethings we just know

Sixth Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We all have that one specific thing we are good at. For Taehyung's case, it's basketball. They are sitting on the bleachers, Jimin, Hoseok and Jungkook, watching his basketball game. The third match of the season. The third one he's pitifully losing. The three of them wonder what's going wrong. Taehyung had always been a basketball player, he started playing it at the age of six. But, strangely this season, it's as if he isn't completely in the game, as if his mind is somewhere else.

And being able to read minds, Jungkook knows exactly where...

He keeps his lips sealed about it, though. Because that's what Taehyung does, he keeps it to himself despite them being friends. Jungkook keeps his reasons a secret just how he keeps Suga's reasons that explains his image of a cold jerk, stained in the back of his head.

Ever since the development of his ability, he came to realize that people aren't who they seem to be. They're full of scars and secrets, full of regrets and emotions. The more joyful they pretends to be, the more depressed they are.

``Do you think he still has a chance to win?`` Jimin asks, making Jungkook snap out of his thoughts.

``Except if a miracle occurs, I don't think so`` he responds.

``But miracle don't exist``

``They do`` Hoseok interjects.

And here they are again, Hoseok being the optimist and naive boy as always. Hoseok's new in their group of friends that consists of Suga, Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung, Jin and Jungkook. They were always six, but Hoseok tagged himself in and now, they're seven.

Among them, Hoseok's the one who's the most brightest, perhaps because reality hasn't hit him yet. Not that it's a bad thing, though. Sometimes, Jungkook envies him and his innocence. A few times, he came across with his thoughts and it always surprised him how pure and innocent they were.

The match comes to an end with Taehyung's team losing, once again. Jimin, Hoseok and Jungkook rest theirs eyes on Taehyung during the whole time he's being scolded by the coach. Taehyung stands straight with his hands in his back as if he's in the army and shamefully keeps on looking down. Jungkook tries to not look into his eyes because he knows that numerous things must be going on in there, numerous emotions and he doesn't want to be troubled by them.

The other team explodes into joyful screams and jumps on each other to express their happiness. Jungkook distinguish the leader, Kang Seungyoon, amidst the chaos. He's happy, genuinely happy. `No wonder, we call ourselves winners` he thinks and Jungkook smiles. He knows he shouldn't, because their school hasn't won in a while, but the sight of happiness, true and pure happiness has become so rare that seeing them happy makes him happy, in spite of them being theirs rivals.

Taehyung is ashamed, ashamed of the way he played, ashamed of himself... He hates losing whether it's a match or a small bet, he hates it. And he hates himself the most every time he loses something. He wish he could play again and again until he finally wins but he knows he lost the opportunity to do so.

''You know, if you keep playing like that, your fan club will decrease real quick'' Hoseok mocks once the whole gym is empty.

The other team and their supporters quickly left to celebrate their victory, meanwhile the students of our school left with disappointments. Only Taehyung remained in the gym longer, aggressively playing basketball. The three friends stay in silence and keep on watching him, knowing that it's his way to relieve stress, anger, regrets and every emotions that comes across him.

Taehyung stops dribbling the ball upon hearing Hoseok's remark. ''At least, I have a fan club'' he reports back nonchalantly. Jungkook looks in his eyes and he knows his pride is hurt and so is he, but he'll never admit it.

''A fan club consisting of uninteresting hoes'' Hoseok corrects.

''Whatever'' The latter concludes as he comes towards them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter