selflessness

Sixth Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


``Time is just concept. It means nothing``

 

They were in the college's canteen, eating together at their usual table during lunch break like every other day. However, today's topic of discussion was much different than usual. Jin, being the person he is, obviously couldn't keep his mouth shut about what happened at Jungkook's house the previous day. Hence, everyone was talking about Lisa and him. About the possibility that they might be dating, which Jungkook has been trying to deny for the past forty-five minutes. He had claimed that people simply cannot fall in love within five days. After all, Jungkook only met Lisa five days ago, what does he even knows about her? How can feelings just appear so fast, within five days?

 

Namjoon was the one who came out with the `time is just a concept` answer to which everyone added their own opinion. Jimin interjected in saying something along the lines of ‘it's not the amount of time that matters, but what happened in these five days’ which made all of them curious and Jungkook didn't know what to tell them. How can he talk about all these evenings and nights Lisa and him spent out together, under the blackness, sitting in his car or at the beach. All the words and secrets shared? How can he talk about their complicity? About how everything seems so simple whenever he's around her, about how he feels that everything will be alright with her.

 

He doesn't usually hide things from his hyungs, but how can he explains something he isn't even sure of? A relationship he yet has to define...

 

“It hasn't even been a week” Jungkook defended himself again. “Why does everything always have to be about love? Can't she and I just be friends?”

 

“You could” Suga told. “But it's too late to be friends only”

 

“Why so?”

 

“First, you never befriend someone” Taehyung asserted.

 

“Second” Jimin chimed him. “You broke down in front of her and you never ever let someone see your tears”

 

“Third” Hoseok continued. “You invited her at your place and you've never let any girl step in before”

 

“Fourth” Namjoon voiced, his eyes on fixated on his phone. “Your eyes, they say everything. Your voice, it changes when her name is at the tip of your tongue”

 

“You've fallen in love Jungkook and you don't even see it” Jin concluded as if it was the most obvious thing.

 

 

***

 

“Tell me again why I agreed to do this?” Jungkook asked as he joined Lisa and sat across her on the table. Lisa was wearing an all black outfit with sunglasses and miserably trying to hide herself behind the menu. Jungkook had recognized her easily when he stepped into the foodservice area of the mall.

 

“Shh” They must be coming”

 

They were in a shopping mall, hiding from a place to another, from a shop to another, being everything but subtle. “This isn't going to end well Lisa”

 

“Shh”

 

Jungkook rolled his eyes off as a subtle smile appeared on his face. Lisa's plan wasn't dumb or stupid. In fact, it was smart but Jungkook would never admit it, at least, never in front of Lisa. He loved to , to see her complain or try to argument even more. So here they were, hiding themselves behind menus as they sat on a table in the foodservice area. Jungkook had texted Taehyung to come and join him there and Lisa had done the same with Jisoo. The plan consisted of making them face each other and that was it. Jungkook wasn't sure if it would work or not, but at least, they would have tried.

 

``Jisoo's there`` Lisa muttered and Jungkook looked around only to get Lisa's leg slam against his, from under the table.

 

``What was that for?`` he questions painfully.

 

``You're not being subtle``

 

``Of course`` Jungkook sarcastically agreed. ``Because you think being dressed up in all black and sunglasses is much subtler``

 

Jisoo was looking around, her eyes scanning the place as she searched for Lisa and Jungkook wondered how she can even fail to recognize her. A few minutes later, Jisoo grabbed her phone and Lisa proceeded to quickly turn off hers and during that time, Jungkook remarked Taehyung coming towards the restaurant area.

 

``Taehyung's here too` `Jungkook informed and Lisa grabbed his hand, taking him by surprise.

 

``What are you doing?``

 

``Let's go``

 

``What?``

 

``Let's go`` Lisa repeated as she dragged Jungkook along and the latter lazily followed her.

 

Jungkook held Lisa's hand before, back when they were eating fast food at three in the morning in his car. He had held into her as if his life depended on that, back when he was crying on the beach. They had touched each other, but right now, it felt too different to Jungkook. He was aware of it, of his hand and his fingers intertwined into Lisa's. Right now, he felt the warm, the foreign sensation in his stomach and the nervosity.

 

Lisa dragged him a little farther from the restaurant area, but Jungkook didn't mind, he just found himself hoping she wouldn't let go of his hand. At this point, it's the only thing that mattered to him.

 

“I really hope they'll talk” Lisa hoped as she carefully watched Jisoo and Taehyung.

 

Jisoo was trying to call someone, most likely Lisa. Her eyes were fixated on her phone and Taehyung was looking around, searching for Jungkook. He hadn't noticed Jisoo yet and neither had Jisoo seen Taehyung. Until, they were both a few inches away. They stood in silence, only eyeeing each other in surprise.

 

Jungkook wished he could read in theirs minds right now, but he was standing a little too far and all he could distinguish was their side profile.

 

“They're not talking” Lisa cried. “We need to follow the plan B”

 

“What plan B?” Jungkook inquired in panic as he was completely clueless.

 

“Just play along”

 

“Along what?”

 

Lisa rapidly walked out of her spot and letting go of Jungkook's hand, she motioned him to follow her.

 

“Wait” Jungkook breathed. “Lisa”

 

Lisa didn't wait nor did she listened to Jungkook and the latter only sighed, hopeless. What had he gotten himself into

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter