grocery shopping & cooking

Sixth Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook leaned his back against the wall of Lisa's school. He was waiting for her on the back side as he had requested her through text message earlier in the day. He didn't tell her it was to avoid Jennie and, standing there, from the bottom of his heart, he prayed that Lisa would come out alone and not accompanied by Jennie or Rosé or anyone else. He wasn't comfortable around girls, but with Lisa only, because she always approached him first. So he waited and waited. To be honest, Jungkook had ditched his last period to come earlier at Lisa's school. He had P.E anyway and it didn't matter much to the latter. 

 

He hoped he wouldn't cross paths with Seungyoon's and his squad as well, not being sure if Jennie really fixed the issue in between them or not. 

 

Standing there, alone, Jungkook began to feel embarrassed about yesterday's event. He was shy that Lisa saw him, saw his soft side, but the latter pushed the thoughts away as he knew Lisa isn't the type to judge or worse, go and spread the news to everyone. 

 

The last bell rang, making Jungkook snap out of his thoughts. He positioned himself straight and looked towards the back door, hoping to see Lisa come out at any given time. 

 

Some students came out and remarked Jungkook, stared at him a little too long as he was wearing his own school's uniform, which is different from Lisa's school. Jungkook tried to not mind them and kept his gaze lost somewhere in the middle of the crowd, never directly into someone's eyes. 

 

Lisa eventually came out, her eyes scanning her surroundings and Jungkook moved his arms in the air, a little too eagerly. He smiled and so did Lisa. Jungkook thanked the lord for she came out alone and not with someone else. 

 

“Let's quickly get out of here. People are staring” he whispered as he made his way out of the educational institution, followed by Lisa. 

 

“Where are we even going?” Lisa questionned as they made their way in front of the school. There isn't any other way to get away than pass by the front door. 

 

Jungkook walked carefully, looking around and ready to hide himself at the sight of Jennie. 

 

“Can't tell you now”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because you might refuse to come if you know” Jungkook told, his eyes never leaving his surroundings. 

 

“But-”

 

“Shhh” Jungkook muttered, taking Lisa by her arm and dragging her behind a tree. 

 

“What Jung-”

 

“Jennie's here shh” He said, cutting her off once again. 

 

Lisa was pinned against the tree and Jungkook was by no means, letting her go, at least not until Jennie would go away. 

 

“Jungkook, it's just Jennie”

 

“What the hell? What is he doing here?” Jungkook muttered, not giving Lisa the slightest attention. 

 

“What are you talking about?” Lisa pushed Jungkook's arms away and turned around to follow his gaze, only to see Jennie getting into a car, of one of the guy that came to pick up Jungkook yesterday. 

 

“Who's that?”

 

“Namjoon” Jungkook replied. “What is he doing?”

 

Jungkook watched as Namjoon opened the passenger seat for Jennie, the way a gentleman would do and then run to his seat. Never once did Jennie came into Namjoon's thoughts, at least never when Jungkook was around him. He never saw  thoughts about her in his eyes. 

 

“She never mentioned me about him” Lisa clarified. “It's weird”

 

It sure is weird, Jungkook thought, but decided to put the matter aside for meantime. “I'll figure it out after”

 

 

***

 

“Really Jungkook? Really?” Lisa voiced, stupefied. 

 

“What?” He beamed. 

 

“You needed me for grocery shopping?” 

 

They were in front of the super market, watching people getting in and out. 

 

“How many times do I need to repeat? Let's go get a cart”

 

Jungkook's knowledge on grocery necessities were low, extremely low so he figured out that Lisa might know more he does and, that she could help him out picking out stuff. 

 

“This is totally awesome” Lisa exclaimed too happily. “Jennie always brings me to the shopping mall, but grocery shopping is so much more fun, I mean it's food we're talking about”

 

“If I knew you'd be this excited, I would have told you beforehand”

 

Ten minutes later and Jungkook was already regretting it, because hell did Lisa get excited about food and over any type of food. 

 

Jungkook explained her how he planned to make dinner for his father this evening as he'll be coming from work and how he didn't like to see him always eating prepared meals you just put in the microwave or out at restaurants. Jungkook wanted to cook a real meal and eat with his father, like a real family. Thing is, he had and has no idea of the ingredients he needs in order to cook whatever he'll cook. 

 

“So you don't even know what you're going to make?” Lisa questionned, as her eyes scanned the ingredients list of some chocolate cookies. “I mean dude you could have just looked on Internet and prepare a list of ingredients” 

 

“Are you going to help me or keep on nagging?” 

 

“Sorry kookie” she pouted, putting the box of cookies into the cart.

 

“Don't call me kookie and who told you I wanted cookies?”

 

Lisa was uncontrollable and Jungkook even wondered if doing his grocery shopping wouldn't have been better on his own only. What took him to ask her to come along? Even Jin would have been more thoughtful and helpful. 

 

Jungkook lost count of the amount of times he repeated “Lisa, no no we don't need this” or “Lisa put this back on the shelf” or “Lisa, we're not here to buy a year's provision”

 

He complained a lot, a lot more than he thought he would, but part of him found Lisa's behaviour somewhat cute. It was when she would see something on discount and scream his name, or more his nickname, all too excited “KOOKIE LOOK AT THIS, NUTELLA” that Jungkook would feel this strange feeling within himself, something he couldn't pinpoint or put into words. And Jungkook wouldn't look at what she held into her hands, he wouldn't look a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter