epilogue

Sixth Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Years ago, months ago or even just a couple of weeks ago, Jungkook would have never thought that things would have taken such an unexpected turn. The thought of breaking free from his ability, of finally understanding how much his father cherishes him, of finding a letter from his mother, of Taehyung and Jisoo getting back together, of Suga opening up about his family issues, of seeing Jennie with Namjoon and so on and so forth. Among all these things, Jungkook would have never thought of meeting Lisa, even less that he'll fall for her. Jungkook never thought so many things could change in such a short period of time, within a week only. After all, how many days has he spent feeling each day exactly like the previous one? It stunned him to see and acknowledge how one complete stranger can simply walk in your life one day and change every single thing, fix every broken pieces and place back every pieces of the puzzle. Lisa came into his life like a tornado, without warning and ravaged the banality of his every day life. 


Now, Jungkook's days are unexpected, he'll never know when Lisa would barge into his bedroom screaming or laughing or crying. However, Jungkook doesn't mind the change. He doesn't mind seeing his life being a little more hectic than it used to be. Perhaps, it's that change that readjusted some things that needed to be fixed long ago. 


“I'm feeling so anxious about this” Lisa beamed as she sighed and let her head fall on top of her textbook. 
 

Another week had passed away too rapidly. Jungkook felt as if it was only yesterday that Lisa had stepped closer to him and scratched the line she had drawn. But seven days had gone by since and it scared Jungkook how fast time was ticking against his wrist. 


Jungkook deposited his pen on the table and leaned back in his chair. They were studying for the final tests and exams. Something they have been doing for the past week, meeting each other after classes to study even more, though studying often turned into somethings else...


“You know” Jungkook began, smirking. “Psychological studies suggests that kissing considerably reduces anxiety” 


“JEON JUNGKOOK” Lisa blurted, cheeks flushed red. 


Jungkook laughed. He loved teasing Lisa more than anything. He loved seeing her blush because of him and shyly smile. “What are you studying?”


“Anatomy” 


“Human body?”


Lisa mindlessly nodded, her chin placed on top of her book. 


“Babe, you know whose body you should be studying-” 


“JEON JUNGKOOK” Lisa screamed again, throwing a book at him. “CAN'T YOU STOP?” 


Jungkook laughed even more than before, holding the sides of his stomach with his hands. Lisa's reactions were priceless. “Chill babe, I'm just kidding” 


“What's happening here?” Hoseok questioned as he walked into the kitchen and came across the fimiliar sight of Jungkook laughing and Lisa being shy. “Fighting again?”


Hoseok would often come and study with them. He'll come after his dance rehearsals and sit down at the dining table with them. Jin used to tag along also, but with him throwing dad jokes every second, studying was no longer possible. Suga came once also, but seeing Jungkook and Lisa behaving like a couple, it gave him heartaches and he concluded that studying on his own would be better. Jungkook had laughed saying he'll understand when he'll fall in love with someone and Suga had replied that it'll never happen. Then, Jungkook had simply brushed off the topic, even though he was sure someday Suga would meet someone too. 


“Hoseok” Lisa smiled. “He keeps teasing me”


Hoseok smiled back at Lisa as he sat down across her and proceeded to open his bag. He turned to Jungkook before shaking his head. “Really Jungkook”


“Hyung” Jungkook defended. “You don't understand. I live in the fear of being sued by her.” 


“JEON JUNGKOOK” Lisa shouted for the third time. “DON'T YOU DARE” 


Jungkook laughed even harder than before, tears of joy staining the brim of his eyes. Hoseok looked at them cluelessly. He didn't know what Jungkook was talking about, but Lisa clearly knew. Jungkook was referring to that day Lisa had gotten so drunk that she had, not only confessed her feelings for him, but also that she'll sue him for making her heartbeat drastically change its pattern. He had made her listen to the recording on his phone, which had caused Lisa to hide in embarrassment and him, laugh. 


“DELETE THIS JUNGKOOK” she had pleaded him, but Jungkook didn't want to. He enjoyed listening to it over and over again.  He had even saved a copy of it on his laptop just in case Lisa would delete it from his phone. 


“Chill babe” Jungkook laughed. “I won't show them”


“Show what?” Hoseok asked, curious. 


“Nothing” Lisa blurted quickly, waving her hands in front of him. “What are you studying, want me to help?” 
“You don't understand Lisa, how are you going to help him?” Jungkook interjected in again. 


“SHUT UP JUNGKOOK” Lisa retorted back, kicking his leg from under the table. 


“Who knew getting a girlfriend could be this fun” Jungkook muttered in between his laughs. His cheeks were hurting from laughing so hard and for so long. 


“You better shut up if you don't wanna go single again” 


“I hate it when he's not close, when he's not in my line of vision” Jungkook quoted Lisa's words from that night she was completely drunk. 


“JEON JUNGKOOK” Lisa screamed again, before standing up and gathering her stuffs in exasperation. “You're such a kid” 


Jungkook's phone rang and he excused himself, leaving Hoseok and Lisa on their own in the kitchen. 


“You really are something Lisa” Hoseok declared softly. 


“Huh?”


“I've known Jungkook for years and I've never seen him this happy before.” Hoseok explained, as he scribbled some notes in his book. “He used to stay quiet most of the time and focus either on school work or his part time jobs. Now, he seems to allow himself some time. Thanks to you”
 
 
 
                                                                                                            ***
 
 
When Jungkook was in freshman year, high school seemed like it'll last an eternity, like it'll never end, but standing in the line at the graduation ceremony, Jungkook looked back at all these years and realized how fast they went by. How every moment slipped out of his reach like it never were his. It didn't really sadden him, but hell it sure did Jimin, who was crying in the line behind him. Taehyung was trying to comfort him along with Hoseok, but Jimin's sensitive. High school was somehow his comfort zone. It had established a routine

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter