lies & truth

Sixth Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Now you tell me, what are you doing out there at this time?”

 

Jungkook had hesitated before asking the question to Lisa, but he desperately  needed to divert the attention elsewhere.  He knew if he didn't, Lisa would ask him about the bet or any other questions related to Jennie and Jennie was the last thing Jungkook wanted to talk about. 

 

“My mom” Lisa began. She was walking behind Jungkook and she speed her pace to come at his side. “She was crying and I can't bear to hear her cry”

 

Jungkook didn't stop walking, but his brain did. He didn't know what to think, what to say.Maybe it would have been better letting her ask him questions about Jennie. Why the hell was he even curious? 

 

To start off, Jungkook was sure than Lisa wouldn't tell him or maybe she'd lie and say something else. He didn't expect her to expose the reason so easily and effortlessly. People usually hide these kinds of things or tries to cover their pain, but Lisa didn't. She was open about it. She was open about it with a complete stranger. 

 

Jungkook considers these kind of persons as easy or attention seeker. After all, why would she spills out her personal problems? 

 

“You...” Jungkook couldn't find the words, he ignored what to do in these kinds of situations. He was completely clueless. He heard countless thoughts similar to Lisa's words but never had he been in a situation that required him to reply something.

 

“It's okay” Lisa chimed in. “You don't need to try and comfort me”

 

“I wasn't going to” Jungkook told. “In all honesty, I don't know what to say. People usually don't tell me these kind of things. They hide it”

 

“I don't see the point in hiding pain”

 

“You mean?”

 

“Hiding doesn't makes you stronger nor does it fix the issues. I believe that talking about it, in a way, means you're accepting the problems, that you're willing to face them. It's not something to be ashamed of”

 

Jungkook didn't utter a word. All the way, they walked next to each other, he hadn't glanced into Lisa's eyes, thus he didn't know if she was telling the truth or not. 

 

His ability made him realize that everyone lies and now, when he didn't have access to someone's thoughts, he didn't completely believe. He had lost the strength to believe and trust others without having to check if theirs thoughts matches theirs voices.

 

He pounded Lisa's belief regarding pain and exposing it for a while as they walked in silence. He didn't completely agree with it. There are problems that cannot be simply shared. Just like his ability. Telling others about it would simply isolate him and creates numberless others issues. Aside from that, he had came to accept it, not that he had any others choices. 

 

“It's not always easy” Jungkook blurted. “Besides, some people have it worse, talking about our meaningless problems would be selfish”

 

Lisa stopped dead at his reply. They had reached her school and were both standing in front of the rectangular shaped building. “You're pathetic Jungkook but thanks for leading there” 

 

Jungkook didn't realize he had just been insulted, at least, not until Lisa disappeared into her educational institution. What the hell did just happen? He thought. 

 

Jungkook hadn't had an argument with someone in a really long time, much less with an acquaintance. Over the years, he learned that it's better to stay quiet, to keep his beliefs and opinions for himself because people think differently and it often reduce complications. But today, in a long time, Jungkook talked more than he usually does, he retorted back his own thoughts regarding a particular thing and he couldn't believe it. 

He couldn't believe it that he had failed to stick to his original plan to stay shut about what he thinks and all this because of Lisa. A mere acquaintance. He couldn't believe how he even came to talk about such a thing with her. 

 

Jungkook stood in front of her school, in disbelief. Why was he even pathetic? A part of him wanted to get in her school and ask her, confront her, but he resumed to quickly go back into his bed and gain the few hours of sleep he can allow himself to.

 

 

xxx

 

 

“We're going” Jimin stated in a matter of tone. They were sitting in class, during the break. Jungkook had his head deposed on his desk. Suga was sleeping, however unlike Jungkook, he wasn't sleep deprived, he simply enjoyed it. At least, that's what he says. But Jungkook knew sleeping is, his defence mechanism against his every single problem.

 

Taehyung and Jin were out, getting themselves some snacks. J-hope was working on his homework. Among all of them, J-hope was the most hardworking, in every aspect of his life. Namjoon was sitting near, one earphone plugged into his right ear. He was listening to both, his music and the conversation that was going on at the moment and on top on that, he was thinking. 

 

Jungkook appreciated Namjoon a lot, he admired him but if he had to choose someone to spend a day with, it definitely wouldn't be Namjoon. 

 

Namjoon reads a lot, thinks a lot and about anything. He's the philosophical type, therefore being near him, it gives Jungkook headaches. 

 

“We're not going” Jungkook concluded, regretting having mentioned the party to them. “It's at Seungyoon's house. Put yourself in Taehyung's shoes. He lost the match against

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter