solace in the beach

Sixth Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“If you're here to talk about Jennie, you can already leave” 

 

Lisa sat down next to Jungkook, her converses high, which Suga would have hated, slightly pushed aside the sand as she made herself comfortable. Lisa was wearing a dress, despite the cold weather and Jungkook wondered if she's crazy or something. 

 

“You don't own the beach. I can be here if I want”

 

“Then, I'll leave” Jungkook stated, standing up and brushing off the sands from his jeans. 

 

“Okay okay wait” Lisa pleaded standing up as well and reaching for his wrist to make him stop. 

 

Jungkook flinched at her touch and felt a cold spread down his spine compared to when Jennie had touched his chin and his chest. He hadn't felt anything but pity. Now, Jungkook didn't know what he had just felt, he couldn't put it into words.

 

A cold breeze blew and Lisa shivered. Jungkook noticed it and sighed. It was late and cold, but it was one of these nights he wished he could just stay there, on the sands and let his eyes and sight get lost in the waves of water. Looking at the scenery of the beach, Jungkook always felt like he was elsewhere, far away from this little town. Far away from everything, his problems and others that he was forced to live with. 

 

“You'll get sick, go home” 

 

He walked away, his steps steady, his eyes focused on the sands below. 

 

“What about you? Why don't you ever go to your house? To your home?”

 

Jungkook stopped as he heard the shouting from behind. Lisa's tone was different, not sweet like the first time, not drenched with sadness like the second, but filled with anger. 

 

“You never go home. You go to school and then work yourself to death until late in night”

 

Jungkook's whole mind was put on stop. He didn't think, couldn't do it. How did she know all of that and why the hell was she meddling herself with himself? 

 

“I know because Jennie told me. Because I see it myself also, so don't tell me to go home, when you don't even” 

 

Jungkook's mind had a hard functioning properly, what the hell was happening again? All he said, was for her own good and here she was getting mad at him. 

 

“Look” Jungkook began as he turned back and his eyes landed on Lisa's. She wasn't thinking. Her mind was clean. “I have my reasons”

 

“And so do I” Lisa thought, only to voice it seconds later. 

 

Jungkook looked into her eyes a little longer than he should have. He hoped to see her reasons, but Lisa didn't think further aside from the thought of her mother crying back home. “I'm sorry. Do what you want” 

 

 

Jungkook sensed some similarities in between Lisa and him. How both of them avoided going home, this strange aura whenever they were near each other, it was all together something new to Jungkook. He was walking away, leaving Lisa behind. He didn't know where his legs were taking him, but he just wanted to go away from Lisa. Regardless from the fact, that every day, he hoped she'd come back to the coffee shop and ask for anything. 

 

Lisa ran up to him, and putting a hand on his shoulder, she forced him to stop. 

 

Jungkook shivered, not from the cold, but Lisa's touch. “You can't leave me alone”

 

Jungkook found himself laughing his off. What the actual hell? “And why can't I?”

 

“I don't like to be alone”

 

“Not my problem. Call Jennie” 

 

“I can't” she argumented. “Remember the first time we met? In the forest? It was because of me, I was out and I had called her and she had gotten mad at me. She doesn't like when I roam around aimlessly and besides she's probably sleeping. 

 

First, Jungkook noticed Lisa's tone, pleading and slightly infused of fear. Second, he noticed how fast she was speaking, pouring words rapidly one after

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter