the letter

Sixth Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Enjoy your drink” Jungkook said, deposing the money into the cash register and giving the client his receipt. Working in a coffee shop was rather easy for the latter. 

 

Jungkook used to work in an ice cream shop during the summer and sometimes even during the colder seasons regardless of the fact that they weren't much clients during these seasons aside from Jennie. 

 

Jennie used to come every day during fall and winter and buy the same exact vanilla ice cream. The first time Jungkook looked into Jennie's eyes, he knew she wanted a vanilla ice cream so as always Jungkook did what he's good at. 

 

“Let me guess, vanilla flavour?” 

 

Jennie had nodded, surprised and Jungkook smiled in return. 

 

The second time Jungkook looked into Jennie's eyes was much later. Perhaps days or weeks later. He had asked something he was curious about. “Why are you always buying ice cream when it's this cold?”

 

“Because you're hot”

 

Jungkook had forced himself to stay composed and not snort or laugh out loud at her thought, despite feeling flattered. However, what surprised him was when Jennie vowed the same exact words she had just thought. 

 

Jungkook didn't know how to react to that and he stood there, behind the cash register awkwardly looking everywhere but her eyes. Jennie must have noticed his discomfort as she just smiled and headed away. 

 

Jungkook couldn't imagine himself with her. She was pretty and he didn't view himself that way. She was rich unlike him. She was social whereas he's not. They were different, but still Jungkook wanted to give it a chance. 

 

However, the third time Jungkook's eyes crossed with Jennie's was for half a second and that half a second changed his mind. Changed his view on Jennie. At that time, she had brought one of her friend along and both of them were sitting on a table talking about him. 

 

The last time Jungkook's bored his eyes into Jennie's was during his ten minutes break. Jennie was waiting for him on the back side of the ice cream shop. It was there and then that she had confessed for the first time to Jungkook. It was clear and simple and direct. Jennie didn't like to complicate things. 

 

Jungkook was expecting it, he knew it all along. “Why do you want to date me?” He had inquired. 

 

Jennie's response did not match her thoughts and Jungkook being the person he is. Hating lies more than anything, didn't give Jennie the answer she hoped for. 

 

 

 

Now Jungkook works in a coffee shop which isn't that different from an ice cream shop. Different products but same procedure.

 

He glanced at the clock and sighed. He was on the night shift again. However, they weren't much clients at night and he could always study. He always had a book opened on the counter or somewhere near. It was the way he studied, the way he kept his grades up. Hours passed by with a few clients coming in and out. 

 

“Hey” Bambam hissed. “You heard about Lisa?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter