take a chance on me

Sixth Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taehyung is not the emotional type of guy. Sure, he gets sentimental every now and then, but Taehyung's your usual easy going, lovely and happy type of boy. As for Jisoo, she is pretty similar, outgoing and always bright.  Both of them started out as friends and ended up as lovers. Everybody thought it would be just another high school romance for Taehyung, but Jungkook had seen  Taehyung's eyes, his love for Jisoo, how deep and real it is. From that day, he knew they'd last longer than just high school. 

“So you're saying...“ he was speechless. “I can really...?”

“Yah Taehyung. How many times do I have to repeat?” 

It's Saturday morning, Jungkook was working and Taehyung had decided to drop by the coffee shop. He was sitting near the counter, talking with Jungkook, who was busy cleaning up the mess Bambam accidentally made a while earlier.  Jungkook had briefly mentioned Taehyung about the chance he has to get a scholarship through being part of the basketball team of Seoul's National University and this information had given the latter  hope. 

“You better play good” Jungkook stated in a matter of tone, already knowing that Taehyung would play as if it'd be a question of life and death. Do or die.

A new client walked in and Bambam proceeded to greet him. It was Mark, one of his friends apparently as they made their complicated handshake. “What brings you here?” 

“Heard you're planning to ask Lisa out on a date”

Jungkook wasn't really paying attention. He never really bothered to pay attention to Bambam or any of his friends as they often came and chatted about various different things. But with Lisa being mentioned, it sparked both Jungkook and Taehyung's attention. Taehyung raised his eyebrows, giving Jungkook a look that clearly said. “You need to make your moves” 

He wasn't wrong and Jungkook knew it. He knew lots of guys, mostly boys and bastards had theirs eyes on Lisa and now that he's aware of his own feelings, it put Jungkook in a bad mood. A really bad one. 

“You should confess before it's too late” Taehyung adviced. “You know, Lisa's quite popular among boys”

Jungkook nodded. “I don't want to rush things tough” 

He didn't want to rush things with Lisa, knowing very well how she isn't ready to fall again, to complete give herself into someone else and Jungkook wanted to respect that. He wanted to go in accordance to her own rhythm, to her pace. He knows she's hurt from her parents' divorce, from seeing them in love and then, fell out of love. From seeing her mother having a heart break. Jungkook didn't want to impose anything upon Lisa, not now.

“What if she accepts Bambam's proposal?”

“She wouldn't“ Jungkook's reply came fast and easily as if it was an obvious thing. 

“What makes you think so?”

Because she simply isn't ready for that.  Nevertheless, Taehyung's question incrusted insecurities into Jungkook's mind and he hadn't been able to get rid of the possibility of  Lisa saying yes to Bambam. It was a thing Jungkook didn't want to think of, it made him feel insecure about him. Made him feel jealous and he didn't like that feeling.

Taehyung stayed with Jungkook until his shift ended. Sitting on his chair, his elbow resting on the counter, he watched Jungkook greet clients every once in a while, preparing drinks and orders. Jungkook had begun early today, at five of the morning and his shifts ends at noon, which means he has the whole day to himself.

The boys had planned to meet each other at Namjoon's place and for once Jungkook was grateful that his hours were reduced. He had more time for his father, his friends, Lisa and school. 

Every weekend, they would gather together, it was never at some fancy place, never to do anything fancy. All that mattered for them was being together, the rest was superficial. Today, they were meeting at Namjoon's place, next week it'll be the skatepark or the basketball court or Jin's house. Anywhere really. Jungkook liked spending his Saturday afternoons with the boys, he didn't show up often because of his work, but whenever he joined them, he was grateful for that time, for them.

Everyone was already there, when Taehyung and Jungkook stepped into the apartment. Namjoon was laying on the couch, reading a book. Jin was cooking, Jimin and Hoseok were playing videos games. As for Suga, he was simply watching TV.  Taehyung sat down next to Jimin and began to play along with them while Jungkook sat down on the couch and shifted his eyes on the rectangular shaped screen. Nobody really talked, not until Jin came with the food and everybody gathered around the table. It was at that moment, they bounded, talked and joked. 

“How do we call the day when it's dark? Jin questioned, only to brust in laughs right away. “The night”

His jokes are always lame, but somehow they all found themselves laughing. For Jungkook, it was the way Jin would laugh hysterically at his own jokes and the sound of his laugh that made him crack up more than the actual joke.

“This is why you don't have a girlfriend yet” Namjoon mocked, half serious, half laughing. 

The bickering went on until dawn, throughout the day. Jokes were thrown, laughs were heard, memories were made. All that, until Suga decided to leave, out of the blue.  “I gotta go” 

He didn't need to go, he didn't have to go anywhere. It was a lie and Jungkook knew it better than anyone. He knew where Suga was going, what he intended to do and no way, Jungkook was letting him fall back into smoking. Sure, Suga hadn't completely stopped smoking, he would do it every now and then and Jungkook was okay with it, because he knows how hard it is to get rid of an addiction, how much time it takes... It's not something that happens over a night and the fact that Suga had considerably reduced the amount of nicotine he inflicts into his system lately, was something Jungkook was extremely grateful for.

“I'll go too” Jungkook told as he ran away behind Suga. “See y'all next time”

Suga was walking away and Jungkook could see it from behind, his hands reaching for the packet of cigarettes in the pocket of his jacket. Catching him up, Jungkook snatched the packet from his hands. 

“You don't need this”

“I do”

They were in the middle of the street and Jungkook hoped things wouldn't end up like the last time he took Suga's cigarette from his hands, on the rooftop. He hoped it wouldn't end up in an altercation. 

“Give it back Jungkook”

Jungkook shook his head. He wasn't going to give it back. He wasn't going to stay on the sideline and watch his hyung burns his lungs, he wasn't going let him drown in insanity. Jungkook's eyes were boring directly into Suga's eyes, in the deepest parts of his mind. 

Suga wasn't okay. Suga was suffering and Jungkook could see it. He has seen him suffering for so long and Jungkook didn't want to mind his own business anymore. He was tired of it, tired of seeing Suga in this state and right now, Jungkook wanted him to spill out every single thoughts, every single thing that crosses his mind. Jungkook wanted to hear it, he wanted Suga to heal. 

“I can't let you do that”

“Why the do you even care?” Suga retorted. He was angry, completely and madly. His eyes were cold and so was the tone of his voice. Jungkook backed off a little, Suga can be scary, especially when he's pissed off and he was now. 

“Because I care for you. We all do” Jungkook was honest about that. “Your parents also”

He wasn't honest for the last words that escaped his mouth, but Jungko

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter