prologue

Sixth Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

``How the hell did you get that job? `` Suga asks as he leans over Jungkook's desk.

How did I get that job?

Quite easily if you ask him. Being able to read minds did facilitate things, though. It's human nature to ask questions and unknowingly already expect a certain type of answer. For instance, when you question someone about theirs thoughts on your brand-new jacket or your new hairstyle, you'll expect a positive answer from them. Employers are the same, they interrogate you about certains things, already expecting an answer.

All Jungkook did was persuade the mind of the staff in charge of the interview and rephrase the response she expected in different words that yet meant the same thing.

Jungkook doesn't feel proud or overjoyed about himself, having utilized his skills in such a way. But then again, he has no control on that ability, it works permanently.

``I don’ t know``

He hears Suga sighs at his reply and Jungkook refrains himself from turning around, in fear that unintentionally, he locks his eyes with his and see what's going through his head now.

Suga says he's happy for Jungkook, but the latter knows he isn't. He wanted that job also. Everyone did.

Sometimes, Jungkook thinks that maybe he should have given wrong answers during that interview just so that Suga could get the position. But life's a battlefield and if he's granted with the potential of reading minds, he might as well use it to his own good.

After all, Suga already has it all. He is the richest among their group of friend. Besides, he doesn't care about him nor anyone else, if Jungkook allows himself to be honest. He knows because he has read his mind a couple of times, not purposely, it just happened incidentally when Jungkook's eyes met his. Suga's all about himself.

They are sitting in the environment classroom, a course about sustainable development. It's not what Jungkook studies nor what Suga studies, it's just an optional class they both take to upgrade their school files, to get more credits.

Jungkook often avoid eye contacts. They are some thoughts he'd rather not know. Some secrets, he wishes he hadn't found out. Because they are scary and heavy and sometimes, it gets hard to keep them for himself, but he does it anyway, because who'd actually believe him?

Sitting next to the window, he stares out at the c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter