Follow your soul, it knows the way.

you're my fifth season (impossibly warm)
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINE

Follow your soul, it knows the way.

 

 

It’s not going to be a normal day for Kim Sunggyu if he didn’t make a visit to their office’s pantry located at the level just below his room to meet his good friends. He’s going insane with the lack of human interaction at his floor since there’s only Woohyun’s room on it.

 

He needs to go down one level to visit the two idiots. 

 

Jinyoung has a distress looks on his handsome face and Mark was busy looking at his phone to acknowledge his presences.  “Hey, guys. Where’s my drink?”

 

Mark push a fresh cup of bubble milk tea towards his friend’s directions. “Bubble tea with soy instead of milk.”

 

“Thanks, buddy.” The redhead smiled, his eyes flickering over Sunggyu’s body. “New shirt? You look nice.”

 

Now, that’s weird. Sunggyu raised an eyebrow at the other. He put down his expensive cup of tea and narrowing his eyes at Mark. “What do you want?”

 

“Who says I need something?”

 

Despite it being 9 am in the morning, the two looks so exhausted beyond control. He has a privilege of arriving later than usual since Woohyun has gone for a one-day field trip with his Executives. Sunggyu’s services are needed to assists a meeting in their company on behalf of the President. Which is why he didn’t follow the raven and decided to just stay at the office.

 

“You’re complimenting me on a shirt that I’ve worn at least seven times before.” He folded his arm and give the other smug looks. “I think it’s fair to say that you are after something.”

“Alright, fair point.” Mark smile sheepishly. “We got a call from our beloved business partner. There’s a customer complaint regarding one of the latest smartphones that we have launched. Our representatives say that the product has passed a standard QC test, so we’re not at fault here.”

“And the problem is?”

 

“The smartphone has exploded.”

 

Jinyoung almost chokes on air at the news. “God, how? Are they going to sue us?” A sudden realization hit him and he groaned loudly, annoyed. “Does it means I need to edit the expense and cash flow report again?”

 

Mark rolled his eyes. “Oh, shut up, Jinyoung.” He turns to looks at Sunggyu again, ignoring Jinyoung’s complaint. “I want you to go out and meet our business partner to discuss the issues. He’s quite pissed off since this is their first collaboration with our company. And understandably, I think you’re the only person who can get us back into their good books.”

 

Something was off with the requests, and it wasn’t just the fact that Mark personally asks him to do the favor. He’s spent a fair amount of time with Mark when he first joins the company to know how the other’s think and the way he did his job. 

“Why didn’t you sending one of the people from the HR’s team. I’m pretty sure Jackson would have approved of that, no?”

 

Mark simply folded his arms and lean his back on his chair. “I don’t trust them. SafeTech Electronics is a very important business partner and we don’t want to lose them. Surely it would, therefore, be more impressive for you to go since Woohyun isn’t here? They might appreciate you taking time out of your day to meet them in person.”

Sunggyu sighed, lost in their argument. “Fine, who do I need to meet?”

“The CEO itself.”

 

Jinyoung looks startled at the sudden news.

“J-Junhyung? Oh God, the last time he went to meet that guy, it took Sunggyu one and a half hour to get away from him.”

“I should have guessed,” Sunggyu said with a sigh, taking another sip of his warm tea.

 

“So, you’ll do it?”

“Yes, I’ll do it. But you owe me, .”

“If you give him the attitude you’re giving me right now, then I’m sure he’ll back off.”

“I hope so.”

Mark stare in horror at the comeback. “Oh my God, I was kidding. Don’t piss him off!”

 

At twelve o’clock, after replying to some of the important and urgent email requesting an appointment with Woohyun, he shut down his laptop to go to the appointed place to meet the CEO of SafeTech Electronics to deal with their latest issues.

He arrives at one of the hotel chains belong to the SafeTech Electronics. It’s a top five-star hotel known with his good services and decorated with a luxurious interior. With billions to their name, SafeTech Electronics has been a loyal business partner, and Mark was desperate to keep them at all costs before Woohyun knows.

 

“Sunggyu.” The CEO called out his name when he saw him. He reached out to kiss Sunggyu’s hand as a way of greetings before bringing him into their conferences room.

He forced a smile and take his hands away. “Junhyung. How are you?”

“I’m well. And yourself? You look especially lovely today, Sunggyu.”

 

Oh, Lord.

 


They exchanged a pleasant small-talk for a while with Junhyung talking about his son and Sunggyu talk about his job and non-existences love life. Junhyung and his wife have had a divorce a year ago and the CEO has taken a full custody for his son. He shows a genuine smile whenever he talks about his son, and Sunggyu loves it. 

He always wants a son of his own.

 

“I heard what happen about the device. Obviously, it shouldn’t happen. I want to visit you personally to discuss the choice of the action that we could take.”

He waves his hand in dismissal before taking a sip of his drink. “Not to worry, Gyu. These things happen.”

“Can I at least get the report and their related file regarding the cases?”

“Sure.” Junhyung led them through a labyrinth of corridors before they arrived at Junhyung’s private office. It’s located just opposite of the conferences room.

 

They make a mutual agreement to just pay the reasonable monetary compensation to their customer and drop the cases from the court as the customer did not suffer any injuries and it was his own fault that the devices explode. 


He thought he’d have a lucky escape but of course, just as Junhyung showing him to the door, he gave the brunette the same line he always did.

“Are you going to let me take you to dinner?”

Sunggyu smiled politely. “Junhyung-ssi, you’re very kind, but this should be kept as a business.”

Please log in to read the full chapter