Because I’m a fool who looks only for you

you're my fifth season (impossibly warm)
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWELVE

Because I’m a fool who looks only for you. (2015)

 

 

Two hours later, the four of them were flying business class from Seoul airport straight to Jeju Island. He sat beside Woohyun with Lee Sungyeol in front of him and Kim Myungsoo at the other. Sunggyu should know that this is the first sign of trouble. 

 

“So Mr. Nam, I have a hypothetical question.” Sunggyu leaned on his seat to whisper his questions at Woohyun, afraid that the subject of his interest right now might hear his voice.

 

“Woohyun.” The raven replied absent-mindedly. The fingers of his right hand, in the absence of his trusted iPhone, while the left one taps some unnamed beat against the armrest of the seat. 

 

“Pardon? Wh—”

 

Woohyun turns around to face the other. Their face was so close that Woohyun can see the way Sunggyu’s eyelash fluttering beautifully and resting on his rosy cheeks when he closes his eyes for a moment.

 

“Call me Woohyun. Mr. Nam is my Dad.”

 

“Right...” Sunggyu trailed his words in understanding. Clearly not surprised at all with the request. He shoots a quick glance at the photographer in front of him, who likes to sit aisle-side to better talk to the flight attendants and is currently examining the 'sick bags' stashed. 

Sungyeol has been leaning on the window with a sunglasses on, so Sunggyu didn’t know whether he’s sleeping or not.

Outside, the moon is shining, and wisps of clouds at their eye level now. As they rise higher, the city below transforms into the creation of a modern artist. 

 

“Okay, Myungsoo is your cousin and Sungyeol is your best friend, am I right?” Sunggyu resumed his question after a certain pause. When Woohyun nodded, he continues. “If their relationship went wrong, who would you choose?”

“It seems like an obvious question isn’t it? Myungsoo is my family. But…”

 

Sunggyu’s eyes lighted up in anticipation. “But?”

 

“I’ve known Yeol since forever.”

“Well obviously. You didn’t take any action when Sungyeol fight with your employee. He walks at the studio like it’s his own runaway.”

Woohyun chuckled at the comparison. “I won’t choose, Sunggyu. I can be that naturally good and oblivious guy who stuck in the middle with his two best friend who hates each other.”

 

“Well, that’s your specialty.”

“What?”

“Being oblivious.” Sunggyu makes a weird exaggerated hand move to prove his point. 

And Woohyun just rolled his eyes at his secretary. Clearly not understanding what he’s talking about. 

 

The raven closes his eyes, and when he opens them again hours later, Sungyeol is watching him intently from his seat, sunglasses have long gone.

They communicate silently with his eyes before Woohyun decided to ignore the other and get back to his sleep again.

 

Sunggyu has checked them into one of SafeTech Electronics’ hotel chains near midnight after a taxi ride in which Woohyun holds on to the bar on the ceiling in a white-knuckled grip for fear of the craziness of traffic. 

They were separated in two bedrooms with Woohyun and Myungsoo in one room and Sungyeol and Sunggyu in another.

The hotel is a beautiful Five-Star tucked right in the heart of the island. Sunggyu takes a walk through their suite, having declined the offer for a supper.

The room is decorated to suit its oriental name, complete with gigantic marble bathtub and in-room bar. The living room is spotless and completely furnished.

There is only one bedroom. As there’s no more room available at this moment.

 

"The place is booked solid for a wedding," Sunggyu says when Sungyeol points out this little detail.

 

"I could bribe someone out of their room," he offers.

 

"I don't think that's necessary, as long as you can behave yourself."

 

The supermodel’s eyebrows shoot up toward his hairline. Sunggyu looks at his watch, then consequently sighs and tells him he'll just find a spot in one of the many other places in their suite to settle down.

He still ends up in the bed since Sungyeol insists that he'll destroy every couch and love seat if he’s dared to sleep on it.

 

Sunggyu tries to relocate the kitchen at four in the morning for a glass of water, and he finds Sungyeol sound asleep in a marble bathtub, a pillow tucked under his arm and a blanket draped over his fully-extended form.

 

When Sunggyu awakes the next morning and slips the complimentary robe and slippers on over his own oversized long-sleeved shirt and boxer, Sungyeol is already awake, showered, and sitting at the mini bar with newspaper and a cup of coffee (untainted, so he claims).

 

“So, how’s our beloved supermodel’s sleep?”

 

“The best I ever had.” He replied with a smirk. Although the secretary can’t help but notice the way he keeps rubbing his stiff neck. 

 

He enjoyed the complimentary food for a moment before disappearing to freshen up and get dressed in his formal suit to start their d

Please log in to read the full chapter