We'll be everything I want us to be

you're my fifth season (impossibly warm)
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

We'll be everything I want us to be. (2016)

 

 

The safest way to stay on the track of Universal rules and demand is by asking yourself a quick questions, every day, and every night about the safe haven (“Is this going to be okay?”), the security (“Am I trusting easily?”) and the common enquiry (“Is this alright?”) because as much as one’s cared, they weren't a slave to fate. 

 

They are in love now. But how about the next seconds? Next minute? Next hour?

 

At first, it seemed to work. Woohyun was just as smitten as Sunggyu is, but he’s leaning more towards those stupid cheesy typical cold rich guy way. He never completely abandoned his work like how Sunggyu did, but beside a boyfriend, he’s also an heir to Multibillion company with more paperwork, report, and stupid deadline and people to meet. 

 

He did, however, include Sunggyu in his professional’s life, letting Sunggyu tag along to the event or gala, interview, and press conferences, and bringing Sunggyu on his office during the weekends where Sunggyu will organize his files and let Woohyun drown in his work. But one thing for sure, he wasn’t as excited as Sunggyu to introduce his friend and family, preferring their time to be alone, with an occasional visit by Myungsoo or Sungyeol to their offices.

 

For weeks, things stayed that way, and it felt blissful, magical. They never get tired of talking and kissing. Their goodbyes, whether on the phone or in person, were always lingering, as if it might be the last time they would ever speak. They sacrifices sleep for conversations, asking endless questions about each other and their respective pasts. 

 

“Hey babe, we’re headed to the cinema later. Want to come and watch the new Marvel movie with me? And reducing the chance of me being the third wheel?” Sunggyu pokes his head into the bathroom and asks Woohyun the questions, eyes pleading for his boyfriend to agree with his proposition.

 

“You’re going out with Hoya and Dongwoo?” Glancing at Sunggyu’s cute bedhead, he knows that he should take the advantage of the offer.

 

“Well, yeah. I did tell you yesterday!”

“Really? But sorry love, I’m booked for today. Do you think you can drive on your own to Hoya’s house?”

 

Sunggyu’s face fell at the rejection. “Why? You don’t have any important meeting today. I’m your secretary Hyunnie!”

 

Woohyun shakes his head like the reply offended him. “No urgent meeting but—uh—Dad needs me.”

 

“Okay, I’m going to let this one go. But you’re going to text me every five minutes! So that I know that you’re not cheating on me.”

 

Woohyun didn’t reply, and only offers his lover a small smile. “Alright, but don’t freak out when I send you a .” 

 

Sunggyu laughs but agrees. The brunette exposed every part of himself to Woohyun, keeping no secret, no defence mechanism in place. He revealed his insecurities, from insignificant but embarrassing things, like how he always hate his eyes but left the matter of his family alone. He isn’t ready for that yet. 

At every turn, Woohyun would listen and consoled him and said all the right things.

 

And then, aside from everything els

Please log in to read the full chapter