That which runs deep in my heart

you're my fifth season (impossibly warm)
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

That which runs deep in my heart

 

 

It is just a usual Wednesday for Jang Dongwoo and his newlywed husband, Lee Howon. His soulmate and the only love of his life. It’s not easy being in a committed relationship, but they managed to adapt it pretty quick. 

Just thinking about his husband makes him giddy and excited, which is why he decided to make a dinner tonight.

They have been spending two weeks in Busan for their honeymoon and just come back to Seoul two days ago. It’s tiring and they still need to unpack their luggage, but well, they can do it later. 

Hoya just needs to it up for another two days.  

 

The blonde makes his way to the kitchen and hummed silently to the latest track in Dean’s album that refuses to leave his head. He first met Hoya at a Music store where he works as a part-time store assistant, and they instantly click over the same choice of music. 

And here they are, three years later, happily married to each other.

 

They have gone through some unforgettable hardship during their engagement making them postpone their marriage for a year. How Myungsoo and Sungyeol managed to get married a month after knowing each other is still remain a mystery to him.

 

Hoya still busy doing some paperwork for his café in their room since they were going to get back into business soon. Hoya is an excellent cook, but whenever they were home, he leaves the matter of cooking and household chores to him. And who is he to complain? 

He just wants Hoya to be happy and healthy under his supervision. 

 

 

Placing his food on the table, Dongwoo was about to call Hoya for dinner when the doorbell rang indicating a guess at the front door. Hoya walks out of his room with a pair of sweatpants and a white wife beater, showing off his well-built muscle that Dongwoo loves so much. His hair still dumps from the shower and

Dongwoo throws a towel at the other to dry his hair before rushing to the door to welcome their guests.

 

And the first thing he sees shocks him to the core. There’s Kim Sunggyu, his perfect ball of fluff best friend in front of him who is still dress in a formal suit and pants which means he comes straight from the office. 

Nam’s Corp. and Dongwoo’s apartment complex isn't that far and Sunggyu probably takes a cab here since there’s no Woohyun to be found. He took a quick glance at his watch.

 

3.45 pm.

 

“Okay, no offense, but what are you doing here?”

 

Sunggyu fiddled with his briefcase and shift his feet from one to another in evident embarrassment. His mouth feels dry and lips felt so heavy to even utter an excuse.

“Hey Dongwoo, C-can I—I stay here for tonight?” He stuttered out the question, voice oddly hoarse and rough. His eyes still red and puffy and Dongwoo was more than sure the older has been crying on his way here from the office.

He didn’t need to be asked twice to give out an answer. His friend was clearly involved in a high-level crisis for him to throw away his duty and showing up at Dongwoo’s apartment in the middle of working day.

 

“Fine. But you will tell me what the hell is happening or you have to go back home and maybe stay at Sungjong’s. That kid misses you so damn much by the way.” 

 

Going back to Woohyun’s house is clearly not a choice right now. And staying at Sungjong’s means a hell lot of explanation and excuses to be made. He can’t go back to his own apartment since his stupid self-decided to leave his house keys in Woohyun’s car. 


“Alright, I promise.” He mumbles slowly before going inside.

 

Sunggyu makes his way to the couch and put on his briefcase on top of the coffee table. Sighing, he removes his suit and necktie before ing the first two button of his shirt and takes a seat on top of the couch. 

He can’t help himself but recall his conversation with Woohyun.

He should win ‘the most understanding person of the year’ award and shove it in front of Woohyun’s face. Yes, babe, I did understand your situation.

He doesn’t ask much from the raven, he just needs the reassurance that their relationship isn’t some pointless fling. Call it paranoid, but the thought of Woohyun leaving him for someone that’s clearly better than him is too overwhelming and keeps on disturbing him, taking his entire mind.

 

Sunggyu saw Dongwoo from the corner of his eyes that has begun to drop from exhaustion, and jerk up straight. And be a worried best friend he is, Dongwoo tried to calm Sunggyu down and enveloped him into a hug. 

Sunggyu’s body is warm and sweaty, his pale white skin flushes an angry red.

 

“ Gyu!” Dongwoo going to have a major freak out mood after seeing his best friend’s condition, and Sunggyu just response weakly.

“What? What happened? Wait, why is Sunggyu hyung here?” Hoya asks right after he heard Dongwoo’s panic voice and quickly leave his room to find his husband. 

“Hoya-ah, Sunggyu

Please log in to read the full chapter