All that you are is all that I’ll ever need

you're my fifth season (impossibly warm)
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

All that you are is all that I’ll ever need. (2016)

 


Sunggyu had jokingly thought to himself before that the proposition wasn’t something that he has been waiting for, that it was, in fact, a friendly dinner for his case in the disguise of a blind date. He had not, however, expected it to actually be true. And yet, here he was, steadily walking what he was pretty certain was the WG’s five-star dinner, polish floor-to-ceiling glasses window bringing the eye to the pretty scenery of Seoul.

 

There was a set of an identical table at the far end of the room opposite the entrances, where they currently stand, looking out of place if not because of Myungsoo’s presences and Sungyeol’s status besides him, who froze in place upon seeing the unexpected situations in front of them.

 

The brunette had considered turning on his heels, he had considered running away from the foreboding situations awaiting for him, too scared to face the reality. Lies upon lies have been thrown right onto his face with what Sunggyu thought as Woohyun simply being busy to fulfill his duty as a son and an heir to their empire. The urge getting even stronger when he caught the looks between the newly married couple were exchanging, even with Sunggyu strategically stand between the two of them.

 

“Maybe we should go. I don’t feel like eating a Chinese anymore.” Sungyeol speak with a gritted teeth, fists relatively pale for too much pressure. And it shouldn’t have come as a surprise to see Sungyeol struggling with himself to be civil in a public.  

 

“Shouldn’t we go and greet him, like a best friend we are?” Myungsoo’s reply turn Sungyeol into a mumbling mess.

“It’s not our place to interfere, Myung.” 

 

“So you preferred him to continue playing with everyone’s heart. Tying Sunggyu down and filling him with uncertainty? I don’t want him to be filled with regret Yeol.”

 

“I know, he’s my best friend! But you need to remember his position and the sole reason for him to be going behind Sunggyu’s back.”

 

“That doesn’t discount his actions right now. He’s out on another blind date when I certainly forbade him from agreeing.”

“But Woohyun has his reasons love. Need I remind you of Woohyun’s father?”

 

Sunggyu’s heart had stuttered inside his chest at that, his eyelashes keep fluttering as he felt the dark onyx orb piercing through him with wide, terrified eyes and tightly pursed lips, the malicious gazes as if he was the target to aim for.

 

“It’s not fair.”

 

Their conversations turn into a deaf ear as Sunggyu was focusing on his boyfriend at the far end of the diner, sitting in his full glory and elegance presentations with his date in front of him. The girl has his back on the secretary, talking cheerily about something that probably isn’t important enough to gain Woohyun’s interest.

 

 

Why?

 

 

That was the only questions that were running around in his head. He thought that he has given everything to Woohyun, devoting his time, his career, and his love for the President. They were having a great time spending alone in the confined space of their office or in the comfort zone of Woohyun’s penthouse. Does the kiss, and the cuddle means nothing to Woohyun?

 

Still, he couldn’t help but be feeling a little lost.

 

After all, what a sight they may have been to render a strong-will Sunggyu with animosity to complete and utter silences.


Judging from the baffled looks he was getting, Sunggyu thought that it was safe to assume that no one had expected to be presences in this kind of situations. Myungsoo didn’t plan the dinner, and Sungyeol didn’t suddenly crave for the Chinese, and Sunggyu wasn’t supposed to be visiting the two tonight if not for the absences of Woohyun.

 

Sunggyu had truly wanted to laugh at the irony.

 

 

 

“How does burger king sounds to you guys right now? Because if I kept on standing straight here, my leg will probably give out. And the last thing I want is to embarrass myself more than right now.”

 

“Gyu, you are not an embarrassment—”

“Please, Yeol. Let’s not talk about it.” 

 

Sunggyu had truly wanted to talk about it. He wants to go straight to Woohyun and asks him why, he had wanted to be mad and sneer and growl at Woohyun’s pleading eyes, humiliate him by exposing his futile secret, and maybe slap some sense into his brain for cheating right in front of his face. 

 

But of course, he did not do any of that though, for at the end of the day, he knows, Sunggyu knew he was way better than that.

There was just no need for him to stoop to Woohyun’s level.

 

Besides, he couldn’t even bring himself to take a step ahead, at the moment. Afraid that he will break his already fragile heart and pretend that everything was fine, again.

 

Sunggyu was the one to take a quick step back and leave the diner in a speed unbeatable by Sungyeol’s leg. He went around with a broken heart, and he wasn't sure who'd broken it. He thought it was himself, mostly. Because his heart was shattered from a delusion of who Woohyun is by the truth of what he actually is.


 

I’m sorry.

 

 

 

 

Woohyun rush back to his penthouse after sending his date back home. The night is awful and he wants nothing but to drive straight to his house and spending the rest of the night with his boyfriend. He wants to hug the brunette and drown in his scent that he loves so much. But he knows better than that.

 

Sunggyu won’t let him go easily.

 

Regret and shame ambush him all at once; regret making a wrong decision, and shame for manage to take Sunggyu’s trust for granted. He knows that there won’t be any explanations suitable enough to save him, but even at this moment, he still forcing his brain to think on something for he didn’t want to lose his boyfriend.
 

Something, anything.


 

Woohyun were brought back to that one Monday morning when he first introduced to Sunggyu, the first day of his secretarial job, freshly appointed as his secretary. It’s funny how fate words, though.

He didn’t plan to be involved in a matter of the heart and falling deeply for the one person who he swears not to fall in love with. That one person whose smile brighter than the sun, and sweets like a cotton candy. 

 

“Gyu—hey—” The raven stop in his tracks when he notices that

Please log in to read the full chapter