A dream, I want it anyway

you're my fifth season (impossibly warm)
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY

A dream, I want it anyway. (2016)

 

 

“It still boggles me how no one ever cares to inform you about the adoption,” Sunggyu says, right after they reach the underground parking lot and letting go of their intertwined hands to get into Woohyun’s car.

 

His head is pounding from a continuous glaring contest with his laptop yesterday, and he wants to crawl back onto the bed and spend their precious weekend together, but the thought of postponed their first meeting with Sewon—Sungyeol’s kid—makes Sunggyu want to scream from the bottom of his heart, but he doesn't have that much of an energy to waste, so he ends up dragging Woohyun out of the bed and proceeds to drive to Myungsoo’s private residences.

 

“Hey, don’t get mad at me! I’ve been busy.”

 

“It’s ALL OVER THE INTERNET!”

 

“Well, unlike you, mister perfect, I didn’t spend my time scrolling through a Facebook and Twitter.”

 

Sunggyu leans back in his seat and looks at Woohyun from his peripheral vision. “Are you always such a dork?”

 

“Why, yes, yes, I am.” Woohyun grins, taking Sunggyu’s hands to place a small butterfly kiss on his knuckle before proceeds to clasp their fingers again. If he needs to announce that one thing that he loves the most about Sunggyu, he will say that his slander finger is his main attractions. It should be placed in The Guinness book of records as the next seven wonder in humanity. 

 

That proudly belongs to Nam Woohyun. The one and only.


Usually, the smell of Sunggyu’s perfume able to elevate Woohyun’s worried. But the prospect of meeting Sungyeol’s kid, or a kid, in general, makes Woohyun suffered from a bad case of nausea and anxiety. Of the need to be perfect. Turning back to his childhood, he doesn't exactly have enough experiences with a little kid. He’s a make in their little family.

 

Earlier today, Sungyeol makes a phone call at five in the morning, proudly announcing his arrival from his hometown, and to invite the busy President and his equally busy secretary into their home to meet their kid, which they have adopted from a local orphanage. And Woohyun isn’t exactly surprised by the news, knowing very well Sungyeol’s love for kids, and his obvious reason for marrying Myungsoo in an early stage of their relationship.

Deciding if adoption is right is a personal decision and one that Woohyun found as something fragile that he decides to keep the matter away from Sunggyu until Sungyeol was more than ready to tell them. They must fully transition and commit toward adoption before beginning the adoption process.

 

“I’m just—uh—why the would they adopt a kid? They were a kid themselves.” Woohyun says, trying to sound collected. His right hands turn the steering wheel skilfully, while the left one has made a way into the inside of Sunggyu’s thighs, all while his eyes were glued on the road.

 

“Must you ask, Woohyun?” And Woohyun have never been by how a guy says his name, but damn, he always loves how it sounds coming from Sunggyu’s lips. He fights the smile that threatening to make its way on his face.

 

They fall into a comfortable silence, something that Woohyun has come to appreciate in their relationship, and continue to entertain their individual thoughts. It took another few minutes before Woohyun arrived at Kim’s private residences and swiftly makes a grand entrance after he got a permission to pass the security. 

It’s good to know that Myungsoo, Sungyeol, and his toddler were going to spend their life together in a nice residence.

 

 

Myungsoo’s first words when both of the lovers arrived is “It’s nice to finally see you.” His voice is scratchy and deep, and it makes Woohyun wonder why he sounds like he lost ten years of a sleep first thing in the morning.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter