I need your Love before I fall

you're my fifth season (impossibly warm)
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

need your love before I fall. (2015)

 

 

Woohyun stare at the entrance door of his cousin's two-story house and then looks back at his car on the other side of the road. Sungyeol were leaning on the doorframe, waiting for his best friend to figure out his together. 

 

“So, Woohyun. Are you going to come in or not?” Sungyeol mumble before Woohyun finishes processing the entire situations in his head. He's calculating the idea and putting the story in a chronological disposition in order to get the facts straight. 

 

“What are you doing in Myungsoo's house, Yeol?”

 

It has been a long day for Nam Woohyun. This afternoon he tried to go through three reports but fail to understand the standard error and deviation because his brain got down a rabbit hole the instant he saw Kim Sunggyu's face this morning. 

All day, he has debated whether his feeling for his secretary is a mere and a simple would be enough, or if he's in any way serious about the brunette. 

He's not sure if he wants Sunggyu to be in a serious relationship with him for he knows exactly the price that he needs to pay to commit in such relationship. 

But being with Sunggyu is like parachuting out of an airplane, without a parachute. 

His presences are something that Woohyun has always long for. 

 

By the time he gets to his car to meet Myungsoo for a dinner in his house, he's greeted with the presences of his own best friend, Lee Sungyeol, in the said house.

The neighborhood is pretty empty with only a few kids scattered around the next house. Myungsoo joins them at the door finally, and dismiss the questions and Woohyun's shocked with a simple answer.

 

"He's my boyfriend, hyung. I've been leaving a hint for a while now, can't you see?"

 

Woohyun have to think about it for a few minute, but mulling over their relationship's declaration bring him to a complete shock. Because NO! Hint? What hint? The only hint that he picks up was a trash. 

 

When he gets into the house, the raven beeline to Myungsoo's guest room to change into a pair of sweats and a comfortable top. It's been ten minutes and Woohyun still lost. He trudged into the living room and hold back his surprise when he saw Myungsoo and Sungyeol on the couch. Sungyeol's head is in Myungsoo's lap and he's fiddling with the TV.

 

“I didn't know you guys were together.” God, he seriously needs to be more observant. Even Myungsoo has a better love life than him and he's the older one. 

"Why are you so upset?" Sungyeol asks.

 

“How do you know that I'm upset?” Woohyun, the in-house third wheel and open book, is always curious to know how Sungyeol manages to read him so much. How the did he know how his brain's works?

 

“Psychology major, remember? Besides, you told Myungsoo that you want to talk, you only ever come when you're not in a good mood.”

 

“Damn, I forgot about your major.” Then maybe you can give me some stupid love advice? Woohyun take a seat in front of the lovebird, and focus on not to fall into a major freaking out mood. Swallowing back the lump in his throat, he looks down at his gray sweatpants, carefully avoiding Sungyeol's gaze.

A number of clothes he had in Myungsoo’s house are honestly thanks to Sungyeol who loves to drag him out on weekend for a ‘best friend updates’ whenever he spends his Friday night in Myungsoo’s house. He hates his penthouse, it felt too empty and too high up in the sky whenever he’s alone.

 

“No one cares about this crap. So let’s just change the subject.”

 

“I care.” Myungsoo's voice cut through the awkward silences. “What happened? Why do you look like someone just twist your pride in every direction and stomp it into the ground?”

 

Woohyun takes a deep breath as though he's decided where to start. “I'm handsome, right? Attractive?” Ugh. This sounds ridiculous. “Why did he say that I'm not his type? Like dude, you have the most wanted Bachelor in this country in front of you, asking to sleep with you. It's totally creeping me out.”

 

“You ask Sunggyu for a quick ?” Hearing Woohyun tell it with his faded satori, it almost pitiful. Sungyeol stand straight from his recumbent position on the couch and staring straight at Woohyun. Okay, judging by the silences, he guesses it does sound ridiculous.

 

“Hey, don't look at me like that. He rejects me.” Woohyun blow a strand of loose hair out of his face. He doesn’t miss the look that his cousin and best friend share. Laughing weakly, Sungyeol shakes his head a little at the situations. His best friend got turned down by his secretary. 

“Of course he will reject you, stupid. He deserves more than that. A quick ? Really, Woohyun? You put his worth that low and you want him to respect your feeling?”

Myungsoo runs his teeth over his bottom lips as he studies his cousin. “Is that why you look so upset?”

“I'm not upset—”

 

“Is it hard seeing him around the office?” Myungsoo asks quietly, almost as though the conversation is too personal and intimate.

 

“He avoided me the following days when we came back from Jeju, and then he has a few days off to visit his Professor. Today is the first time I've seen him since last week.”

“And he waltzed up to you today like nothing happened?” Sungyeol asked, incredulous.

 

“Pretty much.”

 

Sungyeol busted out laughing at Woohyun's offended face right now. He's so used to get everything that he needs in his life that he gets so upset when Sunggyu turned him down. He looks like a five years old children

Please log in to read the full chapter