The Wolf's Anguish

Our New Life Diary

"Jun So.." Ha Jin called out to his husband who was reading a report while sitting on the bed.

"Hm?" Jun So answered without glancing at her.

"Can I ask you something?" Ha Jin said carefully.

"What?" Jun So asked, his eyes still fixed on the report.

"..How did you feel.. When I died.. back then..?" Ha Jin stared at him, clearly feeling anxious of his reaction.

Jun So froze, silence filled the room, soon followed by Jun So closing the report in his hand and put it on the small table next to the bed. He turned his head to face Ha Jin who was anxiously waiting for his reaction.

"Why do you ask that all of a sudden?" Asked Jun So,

"Well.. You know this morning.. you said it will kill you if something happens to me.. and.. I am kinda wondering how did you feel back then when.. you know.. I died.." Ha Jin explained.

A soft sigh came out Jun So when he remembered the dreadful feeling he felt back then. He could still remember it as if it just happened yesterday.

"..I felt as if my heart was broken to pieces.." Jun So started speaking, "..Hopelessness, helplessness, despair, emptiness.. All of it entered my heart instantly.."

"..When I saw your ashes, the truth hit me hard and I lost half of my soul.." Jun So smiled sadly, "..As if you took it with you when you died.."

"..I lived like a living corpse, mourning for you everyday, begging for you to come to me even if it was in dream.. It was a hellish life.. until I met our daughter.." Jun So stared at her, "..Why didn't you tell me about the pregnancy..?"

Ha Jin looked down, staring at her hands for a while "..Because I was afraid.."

"..Of me..?" Asked Jun So

"..No.." Ha Jin said, "..Of Yeon Hwa.. and the life inside the palace.."

"I knew if I told you about the pregnancy, you would do anything to get me and the child back.. but.. the palace was full of people with greed and hatred.. especially Yeon Hwa.. I don't want the child to be in danger.."

Jun So snorted sadly, "..True.. I was a villain back then.."

Ha Jin moved closer to his side, "..No.. Not a villain.. but.. you were heartless.." she said, "..The darkness in your heart was so deep that I couldn't reach you.. So I gave up.."

Jun So touched her face gently, "..Don't ever leave me again, Ha Jin.." he pleaded, his eyes were searching her face.

"I can't bear to live in the world where you don't exist" Jun So said, sadness could be heard from his tone.

A tender, loving smile appeared on her face "..I won't leave you again, I promise.." She whispered softly.

Jun So leaned closer, his lips touched hers softly. He kissed her slowly, tenderly and full of love and Ha Jin made a vow in her heart that she would not leave him alone again. The regret she felt was still there.. The reminder of her weak heart..


Choi Ji Hwan, the president of Starlight Company was busy reading reports in his office when the intercom made a sound.

Beep!

"Yes?" Ji Hwan answered it,

"Sir, The president of Golden World is here"

Ji Hwan frowned, he didn't have an appointment with President So and there was nothing to discuss more about the business project. Still wondering, Ji Hwan answered his secretary.

"Let him in"

"Yes Sir"

The door was opened and Jun So entered the office, his face was cold, the kind of face he had never seen before. Ji Hwan stood up from his seat and moved to the man to greet him

"President So, it's good to see you" He said, "What brings you here?"

"I am here to talk to you about something" said Jun So

"About what?"

"The cancellation of our business project" said Jun So and Ji Hwan was surprised.

"Why do you want to cancel our business project so suddenly?" He asked, clearly confused.

"Since your director kidnapped my wife" Jun So said, "The police is here to catch him"

"Wait.. wait.. wait!" Said Ji Hwan, "there must be a mistake here, Do Hyun is not that kind of man"

"Unfortunately, he IS that kind of man.. Not only he kidnapped my wife, he also has the nerve to swindle some of the project money into his own account" said Jun so, throwing a folder of the table.

"the proof"Jun So said, "..Now where is he..?"

Ji Hwan took the folder and started looking at it's content, after a while he sighed heavily, clearly the proof was enough for him to know that Do Hyun was doing something behind his back.

"..He is taking a few days off.." Ji Hwan said in defeated tone.

"What?" Jun So said in disbelief,

"Yes.. He said he has to take care of something so he took a few days off.." Ji Hwan explained, "..I didn't know.. that he.."

Ji Hwan knew about the kidnapping, it was on the news but never in his wildest dream that one of his director would be the culprit. This was a blow to Ji Hwan because he considered Do Hyun as his friend.

"A few days off.. don't tell me.." Jun So muttered, He had a bad feeling for this. A very bad one.

Ring! Ring!

Jun So's cellphone rang loudly inside the office, Jun So reached his pocket and answered it after seeing who the caller was.

"Yes, Mr. Park?"

"Jun So, The special forces finally got the location where Ha Jin was kept!"

"Really?! Tell me the address!" Jun So said, walked out of the office after nodding to Ji Hwan.

"Yes.. Okay thank you!" He said and closed the phone.

'..Ha Jin.. wait for me..'

'..Please Stay Safe..'


Ha Jin sat on the sofa, it had been more than 24 hours she was kept here and she felt more scared than yesterday. The thought of her being away from Jun So, the thought of her couldn't meet him again kept swirling in her mind like poison.

A man entered the room with Do Hyun, Ha Jin cringed when Do Hyun caressed her face. "It's time, Ha Jin" he said gently, "We will move you to another place now, come"

Hearing that, Ha Jin's heart froze, 'No no no!'

"Don't touch me!" Ha Jin slapped his hand away from her face, "I don't want to go anywhere with you!"

Do Hyun grabbed her arm tightly, "Oh yes you will! even if I have to drag you!"

"No! Let me go!" Ha Jin shouted as she started being dragged by Do Hyun. "Let Me Go! Ugh.."

Ha Jin felt dizzy and Do Hyun had to hold her a little. As they reached the basement parking lot of an abandoned building, they were surprised by the sound of police sirens. Many police cars entered the basement, even the van that contained special force members and one car Ha Jin knew so well.

"..Jun So.." Ha Jin muttered the name of her beloved one softly.

"Mr. Son Do Hyun!" One of the police said, "You are under arrest for kidnapping! surrender your self now!"

Jun So who stood next to the police officer stared at Ha Jin worriedly as Do Hyun wrapped his arm around Ha Jin neck and pointed a gun to her head.

"Try me!" Do Hyun said in anger, he gave signal to the men he hired to start the car.

"Do Hyun! Stop this!" Said Ha Jin.

"Shut up!" Do Hyun said, "I won't hand you over to him!"

"Release my wife!" Jun So roared in anger

"Heh! I won't give her to you.. I will take her with me to death if I have to!"

Ha Jin was in panic. If this continued, she would not be able to see Jun So again. The men had started the car and one of the shouted at Do Hyun.

"Let's go! We have another way in this building!"

"Come!" Do Hyun started dragging Ha Jin to the car but suddenly screamed in pain. Ha Jin had bitten his hand and Do Hyun slammed her to the ground.

Ha Jin yelped in pain and Do Hyun pointed gun at her "You..!"

"NOOOO!!!!!!!"Jun So roared, trying to rush to Ha Jin but the polices held him back.

BANG!

The sound of shooting gun echoed, it caught Jun So in the moment of silent. One of the special forces had shot Do Hyun's hand with a snipe. The men Do Hyun hired rushed away, leaving him behind, screaming in pain. The polices rushed to hold him down and Jun So rushed to Ha Jin.

"Ha Jin!" He said but Ha Jin was unconscious.

"No.. No.. No.." Jun So muttered in panic as he saw blood trickling down her leg. His heart filled with fear and anguish.

'..Ha Jin..'

'..Don't leave me again.. You promised me..'

'..You promised me..'

~TO BE CONTINUED~


Author's note :

finally chapter 10 is out! (T0T)/

I am going to cry buckets for the next chapter XDD Oh well, it will be a touching one ~ XDD

I hope I can make you cry~ XDD (God.. I am a bad writer.. =_=;;)

Anyway, I don't any special BGM in this chapter.. just using Various artist of Battle Bobo for the tense situation.

Thank you so much for reading this story, Please leave an opinion after reading this chapter XD I really want to hear people's opinion~ XDD

See you later in the next chapter, which I will write right away after I publish this chapter ~ (n_n)/