The Hidden Message

Our New Life Diary

The sky was cloudy, covered by grey colored clouds. Usually, such scene wouldn’t bring any feeling to the younger sibling of Tae’s family but this time he couldn’t help but feeling gloomy for a special reason.

That special reason was none other than the problem that was hitting his older brother’s family at the moment. At yesterday’s party, Min Jung who stayed outside of the party room because he was talking with a girl on the phone, was surprised to see his sister in law walked away with a suit case in her hand.

Of course he asked her where she was planning to go but he was stunned to see the tears on her face. At that time, Min Jung didn’t know why but he had this feeling inside him appeared out of nowhere. Most of it was anger and he didn’t know how nor why it appeared. One thing he knew, he hated the thing that caused the tears on Ha Jin’s face.

Min Jung who was driving from the hotel where Ha Jin stayed with her mother at the moment, gripped the steer tightly as he remembered the conversation that had happened a while ago.


“You.. what..?”

Min Jung stared at the woman who became his sister in law and the woman who was carrying his nephew or niece inside her. Surprise could be clearly seen on his face. He couldn’t believe what Ha Jin said.

“I want to leave seoul for a while” Ha Jin repeated the words, “And I want you to help me”

For a while Min Jung didn’t say a word. Not because he didn’t know what to say, but because he -somewhere deep inside him- had a feeling that this situation was familiar, like it had happened long time ago. However Min Jung pushed the feeling away by telling himself that it was ridiculous. This situation couldn’t happen long time ago because he didn’t even know Ha Jin before his brother introduced her to the family.

“Well?”

Ha Jin’s voice pulling Min Jung out of his reverie. Min Jung stared at the woman who sat with crossed leg elegantly. The picture of a serene goddess. Min Jung knew if he mentioned this out loud in front of his brother, Min Jung would receive mortal blow from the man. No one loved this woman more than his older brother, the president of Golden World.

“Instead of running away.. isn’t better if you talk to my brother?” Min Jung suggested, “you know.. a proper conversation between husband and wife?”

“There is nothing to talk about if Jun So is still confused about his own feeling” Ha Jin said and sighing softly.

“I am doing this for the baby as well” Ha Jin said

“Wait.. what do you mean by ‘Still confused about his own feeling’ part?” Asked Min Jung in confusion.

“No one loves you more than my brother, even stupid people can see that”

“It’s complicated and I can’t explain everything to you but I really need your help with this.. Please Min Jung..” Ha Jin pleaded.

“Fine..” Min Jung agreed even though he didn’t have a good feeling about this.

“Then let’s go to Andong” Eun Ju who stayed silent for a while spoke her mind.

“Andong.. wait.. that area is..” Ha Jin muttered and Eun Ju nodded.

“Yes, It’s Aunt Choi’s place.. You need fresh air and a break from this problem then Andong will be a good choice”

Ha Jin smiled, “That will be a great Idea, mom”

“I will call her then” said Eun Ju and headed outside after taking her cell with her, leaving Min Jung and Ha Jin alone.

“I still think that this is not a good idea” Min Jung spoke his mind once again, hoping that Ha Jin would think it over once again.

“This is for the best” Ha Jin said, standing from the bed.

Min Jung let out a sigh of resignation, “Then what should I do?”

“All you have to do is keeping a secret about my whereabouts and deliver the message to Jun So” Ha Jin replied.

Frowning, Min Jung asked another question “and that is..?”

Ha Jin opened her lips after a short moment of silent “... Don’t Make Me Wait For You Again ...”


‘Don’t Make Me Wait For You Again’

Min Jung mused as he stopped in front of the mansion and got off from the yellow colored sport car. His feet took him where he needed to go but his mind was wondering the meaning behind his sister in law’s message.

Why did he have a feeling that there was more meaning in that message than meets the eye? And Why did he have a feeling he know the meaning behind it but at the same time he didn’t have a clue?

‘So this is what it means by ‘Staying away from couple’s quarrels’ huh?’ Min Jung mused as he knocked his brother’s room.

“Who is it?”

A voice that Min Jung believed to be his brother’s spoke from inside the room but the tone was cold and dark. It was something he had never heard from his brother.

“It’s me brother, Min Jung” he answered and opened the door without hearing Jun So’s consent.

Inside.. Min Jung was surprised to see Jun So was holding a glass of whiskey, sitting on the bed with the same cold expression that matched his tone. This picture was something new to Min Jung as well. The brother he knew was calm and collected, never let his emotions got the best of him. However.. This Jun So was something he had never seen before.

Then again.. Min Jung noticed how his brother changed after the incident at the lake where he rescued a woman from drowning. That woman was none other than Ha Jin, who became his brother’s lover after meeting her again in one of Golden World’s party and married him months later. The same woman who became his source of misery at the moment.

“What is it?” Jun So asked.

“I have a message from Sis in law” said Min Jung.

Jun So stood abruptly “Message from Ha Jin? What’s the message? Where is she now?”

Min Jung took a deep breath “Sis in law is leaving Seoul and the only person who knows her location is me. Unfortunately, she said I can’t tell you where she is planning to go. She only--”

Min Jung’s words stopped when he saw how Jun So stared at him. There was rage in the glare he gave Min Jung right now.

“Again..?! Why it has to be YOU again?!” Jun So roared, clearly furious.

‘Again?’ Min Jung mused, clearly confused.

“Wait, brother.. what did you--”

Min Jung’s words were cut once again when Jun So threw the glass on the floor and walked toward him in few strides. His hands reached the collar of Min Jung’s shirt and gripped it tight.

“Do you want to take her away from me again?!” Jun So asked,

“What the..?! Brother! What the hell are you talking about?!” Min Jung tried to snap some senses back to his brother’s brain.

“I am not taking sis in law from you!! She made me promise to keep silent about her whereabouts!!”

Silence fell to the room and Jun So slowly released his grip from Min Jung’s collar. Closing his eyes, Jun So let out a sigh of relief.

“I see.. I am sorry..”

“No, it’s okay..” Min Jung straightened his shirt.

“and the message is?” Asked Jun So

“Don’t Make Me Wait For You Again”

By the time Min Jung finished delivering the message, He was surprised to see the horror expression on his brother’s face. Fear, Misery and Anguish could be seen clearly in it. Just as he thought, there was a meaning behind the message he was delivered.

“I see..” Jun So replied softly, the sadness in his tone was so clear in Min Jung’s ear.

“Brother..” Min Jung wanted to ask what was the meaning behind the message but somehow, he couldn’t do it.

“Sorry, please leave me alone for a while..” Jun So said, turning his back as it faced Min Jung.

Without words, Min Jung left Jun So alone in his room. A sob escaped Jun So’s lips as soon as the door was closed behind him and he was alone inside their room. Lifting his hand, Jun So covered his eyes as he felt tears rolling down his cheeks.

‘Don’t Make Me Wait For You Again’ Jun So clearly knew the meaning behind those words. He remembered how he cruelly made her wait thousand years ago, refusing to read her letters. The only result he got after doing so was only... REGRET..

The hidden message was.. ‘Don’t Make The Same Mistake As You Did Thousand Years Ago’

~ TO BE CONTINUED ~


Author’s note :

Well, Chapter 2o is here!!! (^o^)/~~

Yes, yes.. I know it’s depressing. Well we are in the middle of the storm here ~ And it will continue to the next few chapters. Min Jee is a tough opponent after all. Tougher than Yeon Hwa ~ XDD

Sorry to say, I am listening to Taeyon - Can you hear me song when I wrote this so I can’t give you special background for this chapter T__T

I also plan to give ‘A warning from an angel’ but realizing that it will be a damn long chapter so I split it again. Maybe it will be the next chapter.. MAYBE.. XDD

Anyway, Thank you so much for reading and loving my story. :D It’s a honor for me and please give opinion about current chapter. I really appreciate it!! :D

See you again in the next chapter!! :D

Love and Peace!! (^o^)v