Chapter 19 - The Separation

Our New Life Diary

“..Do you..” Min Jee started speaking, a hurtful look could be seen on her face “..Hate me that much..?”

“Eh?” Ha Jin looked confused,

“I am sorry, I shouldn’t have come here after all” Min Jee said, looking so sad. “I just want to congratulate my best friend for finding happiness and a person he loves so dearly..”

“Oh no.. I didn’t mean to offend you.. My hand slipped just now..” Ha Jin tried to explain but the gaze from the other guests, especially Jun So’s close associates, pierced her like knifes. Ha Jin had a feeling she knew what they were thinking of.

‘Jun So’s Wife is being jealous of his best friend’

Yes.. That was what they were thinking of.. but what surprised Ha Jin the most was the look Jun So gave her as he rushed to Min Jee’s side.

“What are you doing Ha Jin?” He asked, his eyes stared at her with... Accusation...

Or Was it..? Maybe it was the eyes that filled with questions but Jun So didn’t realize that Ha Jin was hurt by it.

“It’s not her fault, Deary” Min Jee smiled sadly, “Any woman will act the same”

Jun So stared at Ha Jin who stood there, looking stunned. He didn’t want to accuse his beloved wife but Ha Jin acted strange before the celebration even started. He believed his wife but somehow.. He wasn’t sure what it is, there was a part of him that also believed in Min Jee.

“Act the same?” Jun So frowned in confusion, “Wait Min Jee.. I think Ha Jin--”

“No, it’s okay” Min Jee cut it, smiling softly as if she tried to reassure Jun So that she wasn’t mind at all. “I understand”

“She didn’t do anything”

The voice came from the crowd and it belonged to Baek Ah who stood next to Yoon Hee. As for Yoon Hee, her eyes had a glimpse of annoyance in it, clearly she was trying to hold herself back from wanting to do whatever it is in her head right now.

Baek Ah smiled “Come now, since when Mrs. Tae Ha Jin is rude to others? She is a wonderful woman with a wonderful heart” He said, “I think you know that as well as I do, Mr. Tae Jun So”

Baek Ah words filled with warning, a friendly warning and Jun So felt that his action might have gone overboard. He turned his head to gaze at Ha Jin’s eyes, wanting to apologize but it was too late.. The hurt he had cast upon was already there.

Of course Ha Jin managed to control her own emotion, didn’t want to ruin the party. A warm, gentle smile appeared on her face.

“Well, I apologize for the ruckus” she said “Please continue to enjoy the music” she nodded to the live orchestra to start their performance. As the melody started, all attention gathered to the performance, Ha Jin left Min Jee and Jun So to go to the kitchen for a slight breather.

“Ha Jin--”

“Jun So deary” Min Jee cut his words once again, I feel dizzy all of a sudden” Min Jee said.

Baek Ah and Hyun Woo had to stop both of their women from walking to Min Jee and attacking her. Chae Won’s face was as furious as Yoon Hee’, Jun So might be the only one who didn’t realize this. His eyes focused on Min Jee.

“Dizzy? are you sure?” Asked Jun So, he was slightly unsure.

Min Jee nodded, “Yes.. Maybe because of the stress.. Can I rest somewhere?”

“We have guest rooms not to far from the stairs, Come.. let me take you” he said, letting Min Jee leaned so close to his body.

“Did you see it?” Chae Won spoke in a softer tone so the only one who could hear her was her lover, Hyun Woo, Baek Ah and Yoon Hee. Her face showed how she was frustrated, annoyed and irritated. The four of them started to move away from the crowd of guests as soon as Jun So left the party room with Min Jee.

“Yes, I did” Hyun Woo said, “But you have to calm yourself down. Ha Jin is trying to do the same”

“I can’t!” Chae Won hissed, “That woman really needs to be taught a lesson or two!”

“I agree” Yoon Hee said, her eyes glinted with anger and wickedness. It was something Baek Ah rarely seen and even though he knew he had to stop his beloved wife, Baek Ah couldn’t help but be mesmerized by those wicked eyes of her.

“Calm down Both of you” Hyun Woo said, “ Don’t cause more trouble for Ha Jin. I am sure she is having a hard time deep down”

Both Chae Won and Yoon Hee glanced at each other. There was sort of communication between them before they nodded to Hyun Woo. Of course Both Hyun Woo and Baek Ah had a bad feeling that their women had something up their sleeves.

“We understand” Yoon Hee said.


Meanwhile.. Inside One of The Guest Room...

“Are you feeling better now?” Jun So stared at the elegant woman who sat at the edge of the bed. His best friend, Min Jee.

“Yes, Thank you for caring” Min Jee who was looking down all the way from the party room to the guest room, lifted her head and met Jun So’s gaze. Gratitude could be seen in the depth of her eyes.

“Of course I care, you are my best friend after all” Jun So let out a gentle smile.

“Best friend.. huh?” Min Jee smiled softly, “I wonder if I can still look at it that way”

“Huh?”

“I still hold the same feelings as I did before we broke up” Min Jee stood up and took a few step closer to Jun So who stood near the bed, caught off guard by Min Jee’s words.

“Jun So.. You care about me more than a best friend, right?” Min Jee lifted her hand to touch Jun So’s face.

“I can still see the love you have for me, in the depth of your eyes”

This time Jun So was snapped from his shock, “Min Jee.. don’t do this” He said, still standing close to her.

“Don’t ruin what we have because of this.. You are not feeling good right now and it affects your mind as well”

Jun So lifted his hand to his face, touching Min Jee’s hand. “I already have a wife and I love her so much”

“But you didn’t deny my words, Jun So” Min Jee kept on speaking, even though Jun So had removed her hand that was touching his face.

“It means you still in love with me”

That was a statement not a a question. Jun So knew that but her words froze him in place. Deep inside, he kept wondering why he didn’t deny her words. There was doubt in his heart, For once in his life.. Jun So was doubting himself and in this kind of position Ha Jin found him.

“..Jun So..?”

A sweet voice called out his name and it came from the door. Jun So who was still holding Min Jee’s hand turned his head and found Ha Jin stared at him in disbelief. A Sudden realization hit him like a thunder, his wife had found him in a very compromising position.

“.. Ha Jin.. This..”

Without uttering a single word, Ha Jin turned around and walked away. Jun So quickly dropped Min Jee’s hand and chased after Ha Jin.

“Ha Jin, wait!!” He said without taking a single glance back at Min Jee who --without Jun So’s knowledge-- was wearing a triumphant look on her face.

“Ha Jin!!”

Ha Jin just kept walking in fast pace, Jun So was worried that she might slip and get hurt. He wanted to grab her hand, knowing that he could catch up to her but he also didn’t want to make a scene. The party was still going after all.

“Ha Jin, listen to me!” Jun So said as soon as they reached the bedroom. Their bedroom. Jun So watched his wife took a medium size suitcase and opened it, his heart instantly filled with fear.

“What are you doing?” Jun So asked in a very careful tone, he was afraid that the answer would be the same one in his mind.

“I am leaving” Ha Jin said while putting her clothes into the case.

“Where are you going to go?” Jun So took one step closer, “Your place is here”

“Not anymore” Ha Jin answered right away.

“Ha Jin!” Jun So walked closer in three strides but stopped halfway when Ha Jin shouted at him.

“Don’t Come Closer!!!”

“Ha Jin..”

“Don’t you dare come closer and touch me” Ha Jin said, raised a finger on Jun So. Her face was lit in anger, her eyes showed her how much she was hurt and Jun So hated the fact that he was the one who put it there.

“You have to listen to my explanation!” Jun So urged, “Nothing happened between me and Min Jee!! I don’t have any feeling for her anymore!”

“Are you sure about that?” Ha Jin asked, dared him to answer her question. “Because its like you still have feelings for her”

“You dare doubting my love for you?!” Jun So asked in a higher tone. The tone he never used at Ha Jin and of course Ha Jin noticed that as well.

“Yes, I dare” Ha Jin said in a calming tone, yet Jun So didn’t miss the sadness in it.

“Jun So.. If you didn’t remember your past life as Wang So, you won’t fall in love with me..” Ha Jin said and her words bore truth in it.

“You won’t even spare me another glance. This time.. I want to make sure that you choose the right decision”

Ha Jin lifted her gaze and stared right back at his. “..We Have To Separate..”

The words Ha Jin said pierced through Jun So’s heart and it stopped for a moment. This was just like that time when Hae Soo told him that she wanted to leave the palace. At that time, He also had a heart stopping moment.

“..You.. want to leave me again..?” Jun So asked, keeping his voice from trembling. His face became cold, even colder than how Wang So used to be.

“This is for the best” Ha Jin said and closed her suitcase.

“You promised you won’t leave me!!” Jun So said in urgent tone.

“I won’t leave you for good, I only put some distance between us until you come with a decision”

“What decision?”

Ha Jin closed her eyes for a while before opening it again after taking a deep breath. “Which one you truly love, Min Jee or Me.. I want you to think carefully and if you decided to end your past feeling for Min Jee and choose me..”

“I shall return to your side”

Ha Jin walked passing by Jun So only to be caught by the wrist. “Ha Jin.. Don’t Go..” Jun So whispered in pleading tone.

“I have to, Jun So.. This time I want to fight but I can’t fight when I am not sure about your feelings”

In Silence Jun So released his grip and Ha Jin continued walking away from the room. Before Ha Jin disappeared beyond the door, she left a whisper to Jun So.

“..Goodbye..”

Just that one word enough sending Jun So to the depth of the abyss. The woman he loved so much had left him, only because he wasn’t sure of his own feeling. Which one he shall choose? The feeling Jun So had before He remembered his past life as Wang So? Or The Feeling Jun So had after he remembered his past life as Wang So?

The future of Jun So and Ha Jin depended on his decision..

~ TO BE CONTINUED ~


Author’s Note :

YAAAAAYYY !!! Finally!!! Chapter 19 is done~~!!!! (^o^)/

Sorry about the delay since I am busy with work, watching new Anime and Kdrama ~ XDD

I know.. I am annoying.. T___T But I can’t help it!! (QAQ)

Anyway, For music I only use Appasionata and Forgetting you by Davinchi. I don’t know why but it kinda suits the situation XDD Please give opinion of this chapter! :D I really need it!! :D

See you again in the next chapter!! :D