The Illusion Of Love I

Our New Life Diary

A male in his teen was walking along the hallway of an elite high school. Every step he took and the way he carried himself showed the manner he had learnt since he was a child.

“Jun So!”

A voice called out to him, stopping the calm and collected male in his track. Turning around, the teen male called Jun So stared at another male who walked closer to him in fast pace.

“Ji Kyung”

“I heard your are going to enlist soon, is it true?” asked the male, walking by Jun So’s side as he matched Jun So’s pace.

“Yes, it’s true. News travels fast I see” Jun So said, “I told Ms. Myung to keep this a secret, guess it has been leaked”

“Well we are talking about YOU after all” said Han Ji Kyung, “The heir of Golden World Company, the most popular guy in this high school. Of course everyone will keep tabs on you all the time”

“I think that is irrelevant” Jun So calmly replied. “I don’t understand why they are so curious in everything I do”

True.. For Jun So, life was nothing special..
Eating, sleeping, studying, talking..
Everything was just boring daily activities...

“Well, now the news has traveled around the school. Guess you will be swarmed with gifts or stuff like that from your fans~” Ji Kyung grinned playfully.

Jun So frowned and stopped his feet right in front of the library. “Fans? Gifts? Why? As I recall, My birthday is still far away and this month is not February..”

“You..” Ji Kyung sighed and shaking his head. “..seriously man, Don’t you feel like there is something wrong with you..?”

“What are you talking about?”

“Look” Ji Kyung took a breath before explaining what he meant “YOU are the most popular guy at school, YOU have fans IN this school, The news about you enlisting to military service sooner than the rest of us will make your fans surprised. Why? because that’s how much you are loved by them. So they will give gifts to you for encouragement”

“That is ridiculous” Jun So replied, clearly denying the fact Ji Kyung presented. “There is no way people will swarm me with gifts just because I going to military service sooner”

“You’ll see” Ji Kyung said, giving up the idea to explain more to Jun So about the matter.

Jun So let out a soft sigh, knowing that no matter how his best friend explained it, he wouldn’t be able to understand. Not because he was heartless or dense, it was because he himself didn’t have any feeling about this particular matter.

Jun So couldn’t tell others -and that included his family- that he lacked something in his soul. Everyone around him thought that he was a collected and composed person, a person with good manners, good in sport and very smart, but.. that was all just an act. Deep down, Jun So realized that his soul was searching for something yet he didn’t know what it was and it really frustrated him at times.

“Seonbae!”

Jun So’s deep thought moment was interrupted by a voice from behind him. Turning around, a girl younger than him -it was obvious from the way she called him Seonbae- stood with something in her hands.

“Yes?” Jun So asked politely.

“Um.. I heard that you are going to enlist sooner” Said the girl. Jun So glanced at Ji Kyung from the corner of his eyes and saw his best friend giving him a victorious smirk. An I-told-you-so look could be seen in the depth of Ji Kyung’s honey colored eyes.

“Please accept this!” Said the girl with dark, long hair that reached to her shoulders. Her trembling hands were lifted as she gave him a gift wrapped in pink color and square design.

“Good luck on military service, Seonbae!”

With a polite smile, Jun So accepted the gift and it pleased the girl so much that it showed on her face, her eyes and her smile.

“Thank you” said Jun So, still with the same polite smile and the girl left happily.

Ji Kyung paid attention to Jun So’s facial expression for a while before speaking. “Hey Jun So, That girl is cute right?”

“I guess” answered Jun So, still in polite tone.

“Why don’t you try going out with her” Ji Kyung suggested.

Jun So sighed and stared at his best friend. “What are you planning now by suggesting something like that?”

Ji Kyung shrugged, “Nothing.. Maybe I just want to see you getting interested in opposite s.ex. I never see you with a girl and we never talk about it either, you know like crush or something like that”

“Don’t you have someone you have a crush on?”

“No, I don’t have someone like that” Jun So said as he turned his body and entered the library. “We need to stop talking about this matter. I don’t have time for crush or something like that”

Ji Kyung followed him “Sure sure, it makes me think that you are not normal” he said casually.

This time Jun So didn’t reply to his best friend’s words. He just kept walking to a section where history books were all stored.

‘..I am not normal.. huh?’

‘That is probably true..’

‘..That girl is certainly cute but my heart didn’t even skip a beat..’

‘..It’s looking for something.. but what..?’

‘..What is my heart searching for..?’

‘...Why do I keep having this longing feeling but I don’t know what I am longing for..?’

‘...Why..?’

Jun So who was wondering whether there was something wrong with him stopped his track in front of some of the row of books. His eyes focused on one of the book, the one that had ‘Goryeo History’ tittle on it.

Lifting his hand to reach the book, Jun So opened it and scanned through the pages. However his hand stopped when he saw the image of a king on one of the pages. There was information below the image and it said ‘Gwangjong Of Goryeo’.


“...so..”

“....un.. so..”

“Tae Jun So!”

Jun So lifted his head and his father, mother and little brother came to his view. Worry could be seen from their faces as they stared at him.

“Are you alright?” asked Jun So’s mother, Tae Soo Yeon.

“You barely touch your food.”

“Is there something that bothers you, Son?” asked Tae Joo Won, Jun So’s father. He was the owner and the president of Golden World company.

Jun So forced himself to smile, “Nothing bothers me father, I just feel out of sort today.”

He didn’t lie though. He DID feel out of sort today, especially after seeing the image of the fourth King Of Goryeo. His mind still remembered the feeling when he saw the image of Gwangjong, his chest was aching as if it was squeezed tightly and he felt hot as well, as if there was fire burning within him. That was the first time he felt that way.

“Ah! I know!” Jun So’s little brother, Tae Min Jung spoke suddenly, pulling Jun So out of his reverie.

“A girl gave Hyung a gift today!!” he said, calling Jun So with Hyung as it meant ‘Big Brother’

“Hooo~”

Joo Won smirked, his eyes flickered with amusement and Soo Yeon gave a knowing smile. Rather than feeling embarrassed, Jun So became annoyed instead.

“Please do not make any silly assumption, Father, Mother.”

“There is nothing going on between me and that girl and it is not the reason why I feel out of sort.”

Jun So added a sigh at the end of his explanation, hoping that his parents would understand. However from the look his father and mother gave him, that was highly unlikely.

“Do not worry, Son.”

Joo won’s smirk became more visible and there was a flicker of mischief added in depth of Joo Won’s eyes. That alone added the annoyance Jun So had all the more.

“All healthy male will go through that phase.”

Joo Won said followed by Soo Yeon who let out a soft giggle. Letting out a tired sigh, Jun So stood up from his seat. Clearly he gave up the idea to convince his parents that the reason for his out-of -sort feeling was not the same reason they both had inside their head.

“I am going to retire early, please excuse me father.. Mother.. Min Jung.” Jun So walked away from the dining room, accompanied by a maid who followed him from behind.

Soo Yeon slapped Joo Won’s arm lightly, “You tea.sed him too much.”

Soft laughter came out of Joo Won’s mouth, “It’s been a while since I tea.sed him. At least he acts like normal human now.”

Joo Won smiled softly at his beloved wife. He had been worried about his eldest son for quite a long time. Even though people sang praises toward him, saying how he had the perfect son for an heir, Joo Won didn’t really feel happy because he knew there was something wrong with his eldest son.

He had observed Jun So for years. It started when Jun So was in a fifth grade. All the lessons he gave him was enough to put a fifth grade into rebellious phase. However it wasn’t like that with Jun So. He attended the lesson perfectly, gave perfect score and it was outstanding in the view of others, but Joo Won didn’t see it that way. The only thing he saw was a child who only had half soul inside.

Someone who didn’t have a complete soul.. Yes, that was how he saw Jun So and his observation continued..

As a teenager, Jun So was way too perfect. Joo Won had heard more praises how his eldest son scored the highest, how he was a true gentleman, but it worried Joo Won all the more. Jun So didn’t have the curiosity like any other normal male teenager had. Joo Won wanted to force his eldest son to consult a psychiatrist but he held himself back, convincing himself that maybe Jun So would show such sign when he was older.

Now he was glad to see the trouble look on Jun So’s face. It showed that he slowly became more and more human, not a person who lacked something in his soul.

“Father! Will I also go through the ‘phase’ ?”

His youngest son’s voice pulled Joo Won from his deep thought. Turning his head to face Min Jung, Joo Won chuckled softly as he saw the excitement on Min Jung’s face. Clearly he was thinking the word ‘Phase’ was something similar to ‘level up’ , just like the game he played in his room.

“As for you, Son.. You need to focus on studying rather than playing game all the time.”

Joo Won’s words put a pout on Min Jung’s face.

“I will study when I have to.” He grumbled, “at least I never fail in exam up until now.”

Hearing Min Jung’s words Joo Won and Soo Yeon laughed softly and it made Min Jung pout all the more.


“Is there anything you need, young master?” Asked the maid when Jun So was about to enter his room.

“No, thank you.” Jun So gave a polite smile before entering his room.

Inside.. Jun So started taking off his clothes. He decided that a hot shower would be the best choice to relax his mind. Putting his clothes on the sofa at the middle of his bedroom, Jun So headed to the bathroom.

Hot water poured down on him as soon as he turned the shower knob. A soft sigh escaped his lips as he felt his body and mind gradually became relax. It lasted for a while and when he was done, he took the nearby towel and wiped his face.

However the moment he glanced at the mirror in the bathroom, Jun So jumped lightly, hitting the wall as he saw the reflection on the mirror.

The reflection of someone who had the same face as him but older, judging from his face and that person was wearing the same attire as the image he saw in Goryeo History book.

The Attire 4th King Of Goryeo had.. King Gwangjong Attire...

~TO BE CONTINUED~


Author’s Note :

Well sorry to disappoint you guys but the next few chapters will be Jun So’s past and how he fell in love with Min Je.

Okay, recently I received a message that My Jun So is OOC, because the major trait Wang So has is that he is a one woman man. This time I will give the answer..

I know that Wang So is one woman man, however in this story I want to express how he live his life until he remembers that he is Wang So. I want to state the fact that Jun So had a LIFE before he remember his past life. He met people, met a woman who -he Thinks- he is in love with but that is a mere illusion due to his longing to Hae Soo (which of course he didn't know at first but later he know, I don't want to give more spoilers T_T).

So if you guys still think that my Jun So is OOC then so be it ^^

I mean, I am not a great novelist. Still a noob here and My writing is So So compared to others XDD (Still I am trying my best ^o^/ ) I am still grateful that there are people who like my story ^^

So please forgive me if I offend you in anyway ^^a;;

The Illusion Of Love has two chapters (If it’s long then I will split it to three chapters XD ) and It contains Jun So’s past until he rescues Ha Jin from drowning~ :D

Please give comment and opinion. I need it to make my self better! :D

Thank you so much for reading this and thank you so much for liking my story.

See you at the next chapter!! (^o^)/

Love and Peace (^o^)v