The Darkness That Dwells Within

Our New Life Diary

Seoul International Hospital..

It was a sunny day in Seoul, perfect day for people to have picnic or having leisure activities but not for an old man who was lying on the bed inside a VVIP hospital room. The nurse had been tending him and even the doctor had checked his health but the man just lying there, sleeping with life extending machine attached to his face and body. He was in a coma..

If people saw his state now, no one would know that the man was used to be the master of Oh family, the largest stock owner in some famous companies and.. the father of Oh Min Jee, the famous designer.

The doctor and nurse had returned to their post and in that empty feeling hospital room, a guest came to visit.

Tap..

Tap..

Tap..

The sound of footstep was heard lightly, calm yet sounded cold and eerie. The guest stopped at the edge of the bed, staring at the man who was in his forties but looked so old due to his weak state.

"..I am here.." said the guest softly, however the tone was icy cold. "..Father.."

Yes.. The guest was none other than Oh Min Jee and her head butler, Chang Ji Seok. Min Jee tilted her head slightly, staring at her father, Oh Yoo Han, with sadness on her face however her eyes were dead, flat just like a person who spent eternity in the dark realm.

"It's been a while, father" She said, "I missed you so much"

Silence fell to the room but soon followed by a sinister soft laughter, "Did you think I really mean it, Father~?"

Ji Seok just stood there, behind her, with a stoic face. No emotion could be seen on the man's face, he just stared at the master he used to serve but betrayed him in the end. Min Jee kept on talking.

"Of course I don't miss you" she said, a sinister smile appeared on her face. "Why would I miss a person who threw away his wife in order to make his the second wife~"

"You should have seen that of yours, father~" Min Jee giggled, "She is nothing but a mental woman who is getting crazy slowly.. slowly.. and slowly.. due to the drugs I gave her~"

"Isn't that right, Ji Seok ~?" She turned around slightly to face her loyal butler.

"Yes, My lady" answered Ji Seok in flat tone.

Giggling more, Min Jee walked to the side of the bed. "All people know that the previous master of Oh family had fallen from the stairs because he was drunk.. But.." Min Jee stared at Ji Seok, twisted happiness could be seen on her eyes. "You know that it isn't true, don't you Ji Seok~?"

"After all, you were there when I pushed Father from the second floor stairs~" Her tone was melodically happy, "ahh~ It was exciting~" She said, "Watching him falling like that~"

"I want him dead but now, I prefer this state better~" She chuckled like a mad woman, "This way.. I can make him suffer more.." she said as her happy face drastically changed into dark and full of hatred.


It was replayed in her mind, the day when she planned to have her father killed and the day before it happened. Min Jee, who was tired of her step mother emotional abused, decided to convey her depression to her father. So.. She went to his study room where he usually spent his time aside from spending time with his second wife.

"Father.." A younger Min Jee entered the study room, she looked sad and miserable.

Oh Yoo Han who was reading a book, lifted his eyes and gazed at his daughter coldly. "What purpose do you have for disturbing me like this?" asked him

"I want to talk to you about step mother" said Min Jee

"What about her?" asked Yoo Han sharply.

"I want her to stop abusing me emotionally!" said Min Jee, "I am tired of her telling me what to do, what I should do, what I shouldn't and mocking me every time she has the chance to do so!"

"She only do her job as your mother!" Yoo Han defended his second wife, "Until when you want to keep refusing the fact that she is your mother now?!"

"She is NOT my mother!" Min Jee shouted, "I accept the fact that she is your wife! but I will NEVER accept her as my mother!"

"My mother is the one you threw away and left to die alone long time ago!"

"Silence!" Yoo Han stood up while banging the desk, "Your mother is just a low woman who can't even be loyal to me!"

Silence fell to the room, Min Jee stared at her father "You.. are you saying that.. Mother is not even loyal to you..?"

"Yes.. That woman has another man she loves.." said Yoo Han as he stared at Min Jee with hatred, "I even doubt whether you are my daughter or not.."

With trembling lips, Min Jee spoke softly "...Is that.. the reason why you're so cold to me..?"

Yoo Han didn't say anything, he just looked away. "If you are done.. then leave.." he said coldly.

With flowing tears on her face, Min Jee silently turned around and exited the room. As she walked back to her room, along the way, the sound of her soft cry could be heard faintly. From the opposite direction, the woman who had become her stepmother could be seen and the moment she passed by Min Jee, The woman spoke in mockery.

"My My, how shameless of you.. crying in the hallway" said the woman, "Why don't you kill your self~? I am sure no one will be sad if you're not here~"

A soft giggle came out of the woman "Even your father doesn't consider you as his daughter, does he~?"

With that the woman left with a quite loud laughter, Min Jee just stood there, feeling the world crumbling down beneath her feet. Her mother left because her father threw her away and took that woman as his second wife. She thought if she endured it, her father would warm up to her but he got colder as the days passed. She didn't have anyone by her side.. She was alone..

"Young Miss" a voice spoke from behind her, it was Ji Seok, the head butler of Oh family. "Please don't be sad.. I am here with you"

Min Jee didn't say anything back. She felt cold, her heart was so empty but her mind.. felt so light. Why was it, she didn't even know the reason. However, one thing she knew.. there was something inside her that just changed. Instantly..

It as if another her just appeared, the Min Jee who was so strong that no one could destroy her and She gladly accepted that Min Jee, letting it devoured her mind and soul.

"..Ji Seok.." Min Jee spoke with her back facing the head butler, her voice was soft yet the tone was icy cold. There was no feeling could be felt from it, even to the old Min Jee, the tone sounded distant to her ears.

"Yes, Young Miss"

"..If I ask you to choose who your master is.. who will you choose..?" Asked Min Jee, "..Will you choose father.. or me..?"

There was a silence, deep and heavy silence before Ji Seok gave his answer, "..I will choose you.. Young Miss.."

A smile appeared on Min Jee's face, a sinister and twisted smile, "Good answer.." She said and resumed her steps, walking back toward her room while wiping the tears off her face.

'..If my own father rejects me.. then.. I shall take all of the things he loves.. until there is nothing but despair and darkness in his life..' Min Jee mused,

'..I shall be the Master of Oh Family..'

The next day..

Oh Yoo Han came home in a drunk state with his second wife. As they walked the stairs to the second floor, Min Jee stood at the edge with a sweet smile to greet them.

"Good evening, Father.. Step mother" greeted Min Jee.

"Hmph.. what do you want..?" asked Yoo Han in drunk, the woman giggled at his side. "Do you want to complain about my beloved wife again?!"

The sweet smile became wider, "Oh No father~" said Min Jee, using the tone her step mother always used. "I am here to tell you that from now on.. I AM the master of Oh family~"

"..What?!" Yoo Han roared and Min Jee snapped her fingers, Ji Seok who stood nearby came in quick speed and grabbed The woman from Yoo Han's side.

"How dare yo- ..!" Yoo Han didn't finish his words. He couldn't because Min Jee gave him a slight push.

As if the time became slow, Yoo Han lost his balance and stared at Min Jee in disbelief. The face his daughter showed him was not the face of the Min Jee he always secretly paid attention to, Her expression he always secretly adored had changed to a dark and full of hatred.

'...Min Jee..'

' ..Is it me.. who put that expression on your face..?'

Yoo Han fell repeated on the stairs and as he landed on the floor, he lost consciousness. Min Jee stood there with a victorious smile, the sound of her stepmother screaming her heart out could be heard.

" From now on.. I am the master of Oh family" said Min Jee, turning around to face Ji Seok and the woman.

Ji Seok bowed, "Yes.. My Lady.." he said.

"Now.. bring stepmother to her room and lock her up~" She said, tilting her head slightly. "I don't like her scream~ cover with something~"

"Yes, My lady" Ji Seok bowed once again and grabbed the woman's arm and dragged her away with quite a force.

"NO! LET ME GO! YOU MURDERER!" The woman shouted but no one responded to her shout.

Under Ji Seok's instruction, all workers didn't even help the woman. Their instruction was only to wait and see then call the ambulance when the event was done. They did as they were told, however some of those workers were also eliminated as an example to the others so they shut their mouth tightly.

At that day, Min Jee became the sole master of Oh family...


"Ahh~ It was a wonderful event~" She said after reminiscing the past, "The only one that bothers me now.. is the Cinderella.."

She turned her head to Ji Seok, "Have you gotten the drug~?"

"Yes, it was delivered last night" said Ji Seok.

"Good~ The first thing I shall get rid off will be the baby in the Cinderella's womb~" Min Jee said.

"Will it work, My lady?" asked Ji Seok.

"There is always another plan inside a plan, Ji Seok~" Min Jee giggled, "I can use it to tear the Cinderella and The Prince apart~"

"After all.. there is no Happy Ending in this world.. Isn't it..?"

~TO BE CONTINUED~


Author's note :

Finally the chapter is done! (ToT)/

Thank you to my dear chingus, Kim, Ania, Abigail, Edrae, Mariejo for encouraging to finish this chapter! T_T

I love you guys so much! (n_n)/

Anyway, this chapter is all about Min Jee and her past~ :D Hence the tittle ~ XDD

However, what you see here is only a portion of the past. There is more to it that it shows. Yes, Min Jee is pitiful and she became like that because of the past that got messed up due to the step mother's action. (Her name is still a secret for now~ XDD )

In this chapter, I want to show how depression can break someone's mental in a way people can't imagine. It shows there that another Min Jee has appeared and if you ask..

"Is it a split personality?"

Then I shall answer with "Yes"

The old Min Jee can't stand the heavy blow she got from her father and she chose to protect herself by hiding behind the new Min Jee who is a true psychopath, created from all the pain in Min Jee's heart.

Well, I hope you enjoy the chapter and see you again in the next chapter! :D

PS : Please give opinion after reading the chapter! :D Pleeeeaaaseeee! XDD

Another PS : I still use the same song for Min Jee. Frans Schubert - Erlkonig.