Chapter 9

My Awesomely Stupid Friend

Chapter 9

Confession

The school holidays quickly ended. Gui woke up to the sound of her alarm clock. She got out of bed and went into the toilets. She got dressed, had breakfast and got onto the bus to get to school. She seemed so sad and didn’t say much that morning.

She was staring out the window on the bus and saw Aaron. She quickly turned away and pretended not to see him.

“Hey Gui” said Aaron as he walked up towards her. She ignored him, and so Aaron sat behind her.

The whole trip to school was silent weird and awkward.

When they finally got to school, Aaron tried to talk to her again.

“Gui. Gui Wait up. What’s with you? Are you like angry or pissed or upset or in a bad mood?”

“None of your business” and she pushed him aside and continued walking. Aaron did not want to get her any more fired up and so he stopped disturbing her and walked separate ways.

As Aaron was walking, he saw Hebe around the corner.

“Hey Hebe. Wait. I want to ask you a question.”

“If it’s about the lunch, forget it.”

“It’s about Gui.”

“What?” she said stopping and faced him.

“Is it just me or is Gui acting weird today. She’s like full pissed and angry at me.”

“Then you should stay away from her. “

“I’m just caring for a friend”

“Can you shut up now. My head hurts.”

And Hebe walked off.

When Hebe went to sit with Gui and the others for lunch, she realized that Gui seemed to ignore her. She wouldn’t even face her.

Hebe went to find Aaron and asked him how much he knew about what happened to Gui.

“Aaron. What did you do to Gui?”

“Me? What did I do? I was asking you what happened to her.”

“If you don’t know, then I’ll be going” and she started walking away.

“Wait. Hebe. Don’t go yet. Come” and Aaron dragged her away from the canteen area and into a less crowded place with not many people.

“Dude. Stop dragging me, you’re making my dizzy and my head hurt even more”

Aaron just ignored her. He finally got to the corridors

“Hebe. I just wanted to say that … I love you”

Before he ended his sentence, she fainted, and Aaron having fast reflexes, caught her as she was falling.

“Hebe. Hebe. Are you ok? Hebe” and he lightly slapped her face to get her to wake up.

Slowly, she woke up.

“What happened?” she asked as she woke up and rubbing her eyes.

“Nothing, you just fainted” he said and then Hebe stood up properly.

“What was that you wanted to say earlier? I didn’t hear anything.”

“Oh, umm, nothing. I think it’s not the right time. Nothing. Bye” and he stared at his shoes.

“Umm, ok then” and she walked off, leaving Aaron staring at her as she walked off.

Aaron sighed. “When’s the next right moment?”

As he said this, He heard footsteps running away. He saw a figure running off, but couldn’t be sure who it was. ‘Was that Gui?’

The next day, when Aaron and Gui was on the bus, Gui still ignored her. At lunch, Gui was sitting away from Hebe. Hebe and Gui hadn’t spoken for 2 days. Hebe couldn’t take it anymore and so she took Gui away from the group and talked to her.

“Gui, what’s wrong?”

“Nothing” she said not facing her.

Hebe held her by the shouldner so she had to look at her.

“Gui, look in my eyes. Tell me what’s wrong.”

In the past, every time Gui looked into Hebe’s eyes, she would tell her the truth.

“Gui. Look into my eyes. Tell me what’s wrong.”

“Hebe. It’s not you. It’s him. I’m not mad at you.”

“I don't care. Just tell me what’s going on.”

"I think i like Aaron, and i think he likes you," blurted Gui

Hebe stared at her, with a very confused face.

"you're messing with me right?"

"i wish i was," repied Gui.

Hebe felt like she was going to faint, again.

"Gui..."

"I know you hate him," muttered Gui

"Gui..."

"And its hard," said Gui

"Gui..."

"Can you like stop saying my name," said Gui, staring at Hebe

"I think...i think i'm going to collapse in 5 seconds. My head really hurts, so just make sure i dont fall down the stairs," said Hebe.

Gui stared at her again. Hebe suddenly fell to the floor, and Gui looked clueless.

"Hebe!"