Chapter 19

My Awesomely Stupid Friend

Chapter 19

Fate

“Gui...I…” muttered Aaron slowly. Gui had a sudden thought of what he was going to say.

“I like you,” he said as quick as he could, blurting it out. Gui gasped a little even though she knew he was going to say it. Gui didn’t know what to do. She stood there awkwardly.

“Actually…I love you,” he mumbled. Gui wanted to run away but her legs wouldn’t move.

“Eh Aaron,” she finally said slowly, making up her mind. Aaron looked at her hopefully and smiled. Why now? Thought Gui in her head.

“Aish, Aaron, let’s wait for a bit ok?” asked Gui, feeling guilty.

“Huh?” asked Aaron. He was expecting more of a direct answer.

“I mean like after high school. If we ever get into the same university, sure, but right now I need to keep up with my studies,” said Gui, trying to force a smile onto her face. She looked at him; he was quite emotionless for the while.

“Ok,” said Aaron finally, grinning, though he was depressed on the inside.

“Of course though, we can be good friends for the time being,” muttered Gui. Aaron felt a little relieved though, he thought their friendship was going to end either way.

“Sure,” he said, and then looked at the time on his watch.

“I’m going to go home now, see you some time soon.”

Gui smiled as he walked away. He turned around and waved, and then continued to walk towards the bus stop. She ran after him, whacking him on the shoulder as she caught up.

“Why are you here” he asked.

“I need to catch the bus as well you idiot,” said Gui, giggling.

“For your information, it’s not idiot, it’s the y potato,” corrected Aaron, smiling happily.

“No, I like idiot better, I’m having my mum’s awesome potatoes tonight,” she said.

“I’m better than awesome potatoes, because I’m just that cool.”

“Tch, you wish.”

They walked together and continued arguing like always, towards the bus stop and into the sunset…though they couldn’t see the sun because it started raining, heavily.

“Since when was there rain?’ asked Gui, and they ran towards the nearest shelter.

“These things just happen, don’t ask me,” said Aaron loudly, over the splashing of the raindrops. They stood under the bus shelter, and sighed. Gui started laughing randomly, and Aaron stared at her.

“What are you laughing about?” he asked curiously.

“I wonder how Chun and Ella are doing,” said Gui. Aaron suddenly remembered that and grinned as well.

“How would you think?” he asked.

“Same answer as me probably…” mumbled Gui. “You and Chun are both depressed hobos now,” she said, teasing them.

“Aye, I’m a y potato, it’s not my fault that you didn’t like me,” said Aaron. They spoke like the whole confession thing was a joke.

“I do like you, I just don’t want to have a boyfriend,” she said subconsciously, and then blushed. She just told Aaron Yan that she liked him.

“Don’t worry; I shall wait patiently, unless I come across another lady.”

“Vice versa for me as well, but don’t worry, its uni next year, so let’s see if you’re smart enough to get into the same one as me,” said Gui, and Aaron continues grinning. Gui wondered why, and then without realising it, she was out in the rain getting soaked.

“You idiot!” she screamed. Aaron was laughing at her, and then joined her as they played around in the rain together. They were soaked by the time the rain had stopped, but they laughed at each other anyways.

“looks like the bus isn’t coming,” muttered Aaron. Gui started panicking a little.

“You serious?”

“No there it is coming around the corner, though I seriously think we should dry ourselves first,” he said as he stood up and squeezed his shirt. Gui covered her eyes as he lifted it and Aaron stared at her again.

”Seriously lady, if I was Chun, I would’ve taken my shirt off by now,” he said. Gui still had her eyes shut.

“Too bad for Ella then. I’m still a little kid you know,” said Gui, but got up and started squeezing her shirt as well.

“Little kid? How old are you?” Gui ignored him, as they paid the fares and stood up on the bus. They started laughing at each other for no reason, having their own thoughts.

It was up to fate if they were ever together, or Aaron’s intelligence. Either way, Gui secretly hoped that they wold get into the same university. When she first met him, she never thought that she would’ve liked a stupid player who flirted with girls all day long, but random things happen all the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gui sighed. Was she really going to submit this weird story? But she did spend two days straight writing this story. She went and got a cup of orange juice to drink, while continuing to think about her past.

*Flashback*

“So we’re not meant to be together after all,” said Gui, to Aaron on the last day of school. They were going to enter different universities.

“We’ll meet again someday,” he said hopefully.

“It was nice meeting you,” screamed Gui, as he walked away as the last bell of high school went off. Aaron turned around like he always did and grinned happily, and then this time, actually walked into the clear winter skies, sighing to himself. Gui, who was usually a pessimist, had hope that they would meet again, she had a funny feeling actually.

“Hey Aaron,” she said after running after him again like that day after the theme park.

“Oh Yeh, I forgot, you catch the same bus as me,” he muttered.

“What do you think idiot.”

“For the last time, its y potato.”

*End of flashback*

Gui sat down and submitted her story online, hoping for the best. There was a ring at the doorbell, and Gui expected it to be Ella, and so she trudged slowly, reaching the door and opening it. She looked up at the person who wasn’t Ella, but a very familiar face.

“Hello Gui,” he said. Gui recognised the voice, and grinned.

“Hi idiot.”

***
omg don't kill me T^T
what a depressing cliffhanger ending.
I'll make an epilogue ^^