Chapter 16

My Awesomely Stupid Friend

Chapter 16

Realization

“What are you doing here again anyways?” Gui asked as Aaron kept walking on to her house.

“Needed to buy a present for someone,” said Aaron.

“Sorry…Who’s the person?” asked Gui.

“Someone…Anyhow, don’t worry, I can buy it tomorrow,” said Aaron, and smiled.

They kept walking on, in awkward silence. They finally reached Gui’s street.

“You can let me down now, I can walk home from here,” said Gui reluctantly, and Aaron slowly put her down.

“Thanks.” Gui started limping off and Aaron just stood there wondering about things.

“By the way, stop hurting yourself,” shouted Aaron when Gui reached her front yard, and then walked off.

Last time he was coming back from Gui’s house, he was wondering, and this time, he was yet again wondering. For once, Aaron was not clueless and came up with a conclusion.

” I think I like her…” he mumbled to himself. He felt weird, wasn’t he meant to like Hebe or something?

***

The following day at school, it was awkward between Gui and Aaron. They talked a little, but the guy Gui talked to the most was Chun. He sat next to her in nearly every class, the reason he had nowhere else to sit.

“Stop sitting next to me!” exclaimed Gui as he sat down next to her for the millionth time.

“Nowhere else to sit,” said Chun emotionless.

“Then stay away from me,” warned Gui, pointing her finger at him. Chun chuckled evilly, as if he wasn’t going to annoy Gui.

“Class, we are going to watch some video today,” said a teacher who came into the classroom. She was a substitute, and the whole class giggled to themselves. The teacher put the video in the player, and then it started. It was a boring black and white film of an ancient movie.

“This is so boring,” said Gui to no one in particular.

“I know right,” said Chun, who was also talking to no one in particular.

“Not talking to you idiot,” said Gui.

“Not talking to you either,” replied Chun.

‘Seriously…”muttered Hebe, who was bored and half sleeping.

Aaron was sitting at the other side of the classroom being a loner. He slowly moved towards Chun, crawling slowly. He whacked Chun on the shoulder when he got there.

“Sup Aaron,” said Chun. Gui smiled softly at him, and Hebe just continued her nap.

“This is so boring,” he said.

“Yah think?” said Chun. Aaron nodded.

“Oh Gui, Would you rather…” started Chun. Gui sighed heavily.

“No, not that game again, you wrong minded idiot,” said Gui.

“Well we’ve got nothing else to do now do we?” said Chun, and then continued.

They played for the rest of the lesson, Hebe joining in for no reason, and Aaron just slowly listening to their conversation being left out. The bell rang and Gui ran outside, Hebe behind her. Aaron was chilling with Chun, walking out slowly. It was a bit awkward for them because Aaron really wanted to ask something.

“Do you…umm…like her?” asked Aaron quietly. Chun looked at him, smiling.

“As if man, no!” He exclaimed.

"But…do you?” asked Chun, smiling curiously.

“N-no,” stuttered Aaron.

“Ok,” said Chun, and walked off, leaving him behind again.

At lunch time, they were all up at the basketball courts again, Gui and Ella sitting around as usual. Suddenly Chun came up to them, and started talking.

“Play your stupid basketball,” said Gui.

“No, I twisted my ankle,” said Chun.

“What?” said Gui, looking down at it. “Dude, as if, it’s not even twisted.”

“Well half twisted, so I’m going to rest,’ said Chun, making up is mind. He sat on the sidelines with Gui and Ella.

Ella’s heart was thumping a little faster than usual, and she didn’t really talk much.

“Ella, say something, I can’t keep up with this idiot any longer,” said Gui. Ella wasn’t listening, but in her own dream world.

“Yeh talk,’ said Chun, laughing. Ella blushed.

***

Aaron was waiting for his mum’s car to come and pick him up. For once, he was getting picked up. He didn’t like catching the bus or going to the train station all the time. Chun came strolling along, whistling to himself happily. He saw Aaron and stood beside him.

“Getting picked up today?’ he asked. Aaron ignored him.

“Dude?”

“AARON!” screamed Chun in his face. Aaron still didn’t say anything.

“What’s with the silence treatment,” asked Chun.

“Nothing…” he muttered.

“But…why are you with Gui so much?” he asked.

“Why can’t I? And why do you care?” asked Chun

“Whatever,” muttered Aaron.

“Oh I know, you like her. No need to deny now. I can see the love in your eyes,” said Chun giggling. Aaron subconsciously rubbed his eyes.

“Aye…you’re jealous of the awesome me aren’t you?’ asked Chun.

“What? No!” exclaimed Aaron, even though he sort of was.

“But really, you should tell her, before she dies,” said Chun.

“Dies?” asked Aaron.

“Well I actually mean when she’s taken,” muttered Chun.

“But really, why are you hanging around with her so much?” asked Aaron. Why was he asking so many questions?

“Because I can.”