Chapter 6

My Awesomely Stupid Friend

Chapter 6

Gui's accident

That lunch break, Hebe, Genie, Selina and Rainie were playing basketball. Gui and Ella were walking around the basketball court. Suddenly a ball rolled towards Gui’s feet. She picked it up and through it back to Wu Chun.

Wu Chun caught it and stumbled back a little.

“Hey Gui. Why don't you play Basketball? You’d be quite good. Your throws have power” he said.

Rainie overheard and went over towards them. “Yea Gui. I never really knew why you didn’t want to play.”

“I just… I dunno. I’m not the basketball type.”

From where Aaron was, he shouted towards them. “You scared? Scared you’re gonna lose?”

“OH YEA. BRING IT ON!!!” and she ran towards Hebe, Genie and Selina and started playing with them. She could feel Aarons eyes burning into the back of her neck. She took her position. Aimed for the hoop. Closed her eyes. And she shot.

She really did have power, but unfortunately she missed. The ball bounced off the backboard and onto Aarons head.

Wu chun ran over to Aaron and so did all the girls.

“You blind? You could’ve dodged” said Gui. She felt a little guilty on the inside.

Aaron was sitting on the ground with a red bruise like spot on his head. He was still shaking his head with his hand on the bruise.

Suddenly, the teacher on duty came over.

“What’s wrong?” he asked. He didn’t need an explanation for this.

“You” he pointed to Gui. “Take him to the sickbay and tell the office lady he needs an icepack.”

Gui was just about to argue why it had to be her when the teacher suddenly said even louder “GO!”

She helped Aaron get up and walked him very slowly over to the sickbay. He was limping and leaning on Gui.

“Dude. Stop leaning on me. You’re heavy”

“Am I?” and he leaned all his weight onto Gui.

“Hey!! Get off me.”

They went to the office and the office lady told him to take a seat on the bed.

“I’m very sorry, but I have a lot of things to do. Do you mind taking care of him on your own?” she asked Gui.

“Umm… ok then.”

She turned towards Aaron and found him lying on the bed so she helped him put the icepack on his forehead. She kept her hand on the icepack and looked at Aaron.

‘Is he asleep? He actually looks innocent for once. He seems so…normal and …peaceful and …not flirty*sigh*’

By this time, she had let go of the icepack and let it stay on Aarons head and her hands were underneath her chin, staring at him.

Then he woke up.

He woke up with a yawn and Gui broke out of her daydreaming.

“What are you staring at?” he said.

“Nothing” and she turned away and blushed.

“Where’s the office lady?”

“She went outside. I’ll go ask what to do next” and she walked out of the room.
“Miss, what do I do know? Aaron’s woken up. Does he have to go back to class?” she asked, because it was after lunch.

“Umm. These kind of injuries are very dangerous because it might damage the brain, so he has to stay here. Could you go get his bag and bring it here. Oh and also bring yours.”

“Mine?”

“Yep. Well you see, the office is very at this time of day, so you’ll have to skip class and stay with him.”

“Ok then” she said and went to get his and her own bag.

When she got back, she saw Aaron lying on the bed again, closing his eyes.

She walked into the room slowly and quietly. She didn’t want to wake him up. She put their bags beside the door and crept over towards him.

Again, she stared at him.

“Gui, are you in here.”

“WOW. Don’t scare me.”

“What? I didn’t mean to. I wasn’t sure if you had come in or not.”

“Weren’t you sleeping?”

“No. I was just relaxing. My brain is still a bit dizzy.”

Gui felt a little bit guilty on the inside.

Aaron started laughing.

“What are you laughing at?”

“Let me guess, you’re feeling guilty and regretful. Don't you?”

“Well yea.”

“Thought so” and he stood up to go to his bag and got his water out to drink.
Gui ran over to him.

“I’ll get it for you. You go back and sit or else you’ll get dizzy again.”

“Leave me alone. I’m perfectly fine.”

“Arent you dizzy?”

“Umm, I was. But know I'm better.”

“Ohh. You tricked me. You said that you were dizzy to make me feel guilty” and she punched him on the back.

“Hey that hurt!”

“But you’re not dizzy right” and she turned away from him.

‘Seems like she’s really pissed.’

“Gui, I'm sorry. I only tricked you for fun.” He walked over to her to see if she was alright.

“BOO!!” and Aaron jumped back.

“I never knew you were so loud.”

“Is there a problem with that?”

“No, no, no. Anyway, what did the office lady say?”

“She said you had to stay here and didn’t have to go back to class.”

“YES!!!”

“And I also have to stay.”

“Oh. So… what do we do until school ends?”

“I dunno. You’re the one who has the great ideas. You think of something to do.”

They stayed like that for about 10 minutes until Aaron thought of an idea.

They ended up playing lots of different games. Modified games and made up games.

They had lots of fun. Laughed, smiled, joked, punched(friendly punch).

Time passed quickly, and the bell rang to end school.

They slowly walked out to the bus stop together. As they were walking to the bus stop, Hebe came out of her room and saw them in front of her. She was just about to run over and say hi when she heard Gui laughing.

‘Gui would never laugh at Aaron’s jokes or anything. She really has changed. Or is it just around Aaron’