Chapter 12

My Awesomely Stupid Friend

Chapter 12

Aaron finally gets it

They walked for a little longer, not knowing where they were heading, until Gui realized Aaron’s hand was swollen.

“What happened to your hand?” she asked, holding his wrist to look at it closely.

“Nothing. It’s just a little swollen.”

“Come, its going to get worst if you leave it” and she made him sit on a wooden seat. Gui ran to the nearest shop and bought some stuff.

“I bought an icepack. Put it on your fist. It will be better” and she grabbed onto his wrist and put the icepack on it.

“So you’re talking to me now huh?”

She stared at him. “So what if I am. It’s only cause you helped me.” She continued helping him with the icepack.

“Gui”

“Yea?”

“Why weren’t you talking to me before?”

“Umm, cause, cause, you were a real jerk.”

“You’re lying”

Awkward silence. After Aaron had said ‘You’re lying’ she couldn’t move. She didn’t know what to say. Her brain went blank and froze.

“Ow. Ow”

“What? Did I press too hard?”

“You didn’t even move. My hands getting numb from the icepack” and Gui quickly took it off his fist.

“I’m sorry”

Awkward silence again.

“Gui, Is something wrong? Ever since umm… someday, you haven’t talked to me.”

“Do you even know what day it was? Do you even know what you did that day?”

“I can’t remember when it was, and I can’t remember what I did.”

“Forget it” and Gui left him and the icepack and walked off.

He stared at her as she walked off. “Ask Hebe”

The following day, Aaron got to school slightly earlier and saw Hebe.

“Hey Hebe. I have a question. What’s wrong with Gui?”

“Gui? Nothing’s wrong with her. She’s fine. ISnt she?”

“What happened the day Gui changed towards me?”

Hebe knew what he meant.

“What are you talking about?”

“I know you know what I mean. Can you just give me a clue? Please.”

Hebe shook her head.

“Please.”

“No”

“Please.”

“No”

“Please.”

“No”

“Please.”

“No”

“Please.”

“No”

“Please.”

“No”

“Please.”

“No”

“Please.”

“No”

“Please.”

“SHUT UP!!!”

He stared at her because she barely shouted.

“Please.”

“FINE!!! But … you gotta stop annoying me. Ok?”

“Ok”

“The date was exactly one month ago”

“One month ago? What happened” he was talking to himself looking away from Hebe, trying to think about what had happened one month ago.

“Hebe…” he turned to her but she had already left.

“Guess I gotta work it out then.”

He looked back at his diary for any information on what he did that day. As he opened his diary to that day, he saw a big red circle circling that day.

He looked at it.

“It’s the big red circle. I did something big that day. But what?”

He was walking to nowhere and then he reached the same place where he had confessed. Then suddenly, there was a flashback in his mind on what happened. He closed his eyes.

When the flashback was over, he opened his eyes and finally realised what had happened.

“Gui. I’m sorry” he said to himself. He quickly went to find Gui, but couldn’t find her.

After school, on the bus, he saw Gui when he got on. He walked up to her seat with the bag next to her and waited for her to lift up her bag and he could sit, but she didn’t, and instead, he took the bag up and sat next to her.

“Gui. I finally know what’s going on.”

Gui was listening to her Ipod and pretended not to hear anything.

“Gui, I know you can hear me” but she still ignored him. He took out her earphone and whispered into her ear.

“Do you like me?”

Gui’s eyes started to widen, her cheeks started to burn up and her hands started to sweat.

“OF COURSE NOT!! Why would I like a stupid idiot like you?” and Aaron stayed quiet.