Chapter 7

My Awesomely Stupid Friend

Chapter 7

Keep her away

Geography lessons…for some reason, Gui starting enjoying them. Over the term that had passed, Gui and Aaron seemed to have gotten closer, which was weird for Hebe because she hated his guts, and she had to sit behind them staring at them killing each other throughout the whole lesson.

“Ok class,” said the grumpy old geography teacher sitting on the chair.

“Since you all have been well behaved, next term, it will be free for you to sit wherever you like, but if you guys make too much noise, its back to now,” he said.

The whole class was happy except for Gui, who acted like she was cheerful, but her heart sank on the inside. For some reason, she wanted to continue to sit next to Aaron.

”Seems like we are finally going to be separated,” said Aaron, making it sound all drama like.

“Don’t say it like that,” sighed Gui.

“Like what?”

“Like that?”

“What’s that?”

“That drama-like tone.”

“You mean the separated bit?”
“What do you think?”

“Guess so.”

-Awkward silence-

Gui and Aaron sat there, Gui concentrating on her work, and Aaron half snoozing. Gui flashed her occasional glances at Aaron, and when he turned towards her, she quickly turned her head.

“Looking at the y potato are we?” mocked Aaron.

“For the a millionth time Mr Yan, y potato doesn’t suit you, you are more like…Stupid gaybo,” said Gui.

“That’s nice,” muttered Aaron.

“Huh?” questioned Gui. Aaron would usually come back with some witty comeback.

Aaron pretended to ignore her, and continued his sleeping.

The lesson was finally over, and Gui waked out of the classroom, with Hebe, but she stood in the corridor. Hebe waited with her.

“You are pissed at me?” asked Gui to Aaron when he finally came out. Aaron glanced at her, is face resisting the urge to laugh, and he gave a no emotion face. Hebe sighed. She ditched Gui and walked off.

Aaron looked at Hebe walking off, then turned back t Gui.

“Are you?”

“What do you think?” said Aaron, using one of Gui’s phrases.

“Tell me already you gay bastard,” said Gui, finally calling him a different name.

Aaron started laughing and walked off, leaving Gui there confused and clueless.

She ran after Hebe and they waked to recess together.

“Lady…You’re too gullible,” said Hebe.

"Well that’s who I am,” said Gui.

“And you will end up having yourself dead ten times over from heartbreaks and all those random crap in life,” sighed Hebe.

“I’m not that stupid,” stated Gui.

“Or are you,” said Hebe and laughed at her.

The next class was maths, Hebe was with Rainie somewhere and she came late to class, Gui sitting there next to a girl she barely knew. As Hebe walked in, she apologized to the teacher, glanced at the spot next to Gui, and sighed. She stared around the room for spots. Only one…Next to stupid Aaron Yan. Hebe sighed again, and dumped her bag at the table. She sat down and turned away from Aaron.

Hebe started working, Aaron staring at her. “What the hell are you staring at?” asked Hebe in a harsh tone.”

“Chill lady, just why do you work so hard in class, do the homework at home…that’s why it’s called homework,” stated Aaron.

“Well unlike you, Mr Chill, I have things to do at home so I rather do it in class so if you will stop disturbing me…” said Hebe.

“I’m good at getting people talking,” said Aaron.

“Well good for you,” said Hebe, and then concentrated on her work. Aaron, who was sitting there doing nothing, continuously attempted to talk to Hebe. Gui, on the other side of the room, kept observing them.

After lessons were finally over, Hebe sighed of relief and ran out of the classroom, waiting for Gui outside. Aaron walked passed her and gave her a sweet smile, and Hebe ignored him. He trudged off with his friends, and Gui came out of the classroom.

“So, how was that maths lesson?” asked Gui.

“What do you think?”

“Fun?”

“Hahaha, of course it was,” said Hebe sarcastically. They walked off.

After a few days, it was the last day of school for term 1. Again, they all sat in geography lessons, listening to the old man go on and on about crap. Gui was trying to enjoy her last lesson with Aaron, but they didn’t argue at all and they sort of kept their distance.

“Why aren’t you talking to me?” asked Gui.

“I am now,” said Aaron.

“You aren’t pissed are you still?” asked Gui.

“No.”

“I’m not that short-tempered,” added Aaron. Gui nodded her head. Why did she care so much was the question in Gui’s head all the time. It was impossible…but was she developing feelings for Aaron?

And then two things happened that lunch:

At the end of lunch, Hebe walked to her locker and opened it. There was a folded note inside for her. She observed it, and then unfolded it.

“What the hell?” thought Hebe in her head.

She scrunched it up and while walking pass a bin, she dumped it.

Ella was walking and talking with Genie, Rainie and Selina, talking about where they wanted to go that holiday. They collided with a Hebe and Gui who were just chatting. Hebe then grabbed Ella and they walked off somewhere, Hebe having a serious face planted on her. The others just walked to where they usually sat.

“What’s up?” greeted Ella.

“Tell Gui to stay away from Aaron. They seem to be getting closer and I think Gui might like him. But’s he’s an idiot,” said Hebe. Ella stared at her as if she was speaking nonsense.

“As if, Gui won’t like such a guy,” laghed Ella.

“You have not seen the geo lessons lady, they are messed up,” said Hebe.

“Right.”
***
dodgy chapter ><