Chapter 20

My Awesomely Stupid Friend

Chapter 20

epilogue

“Anyways come in,” said Gui, as she opened the door up wide. Aaron stood there not moving, with his hands behind his back.

“Well since we meet again, Gui, will you be with me?” he asked. Gui gasped. She forgot about it even though she was just thinking about it. Aaron took his hands from behind his back and revealed a gigantic Naruto toy.

“You don’t seem to be the kinds for flowers,” said Aaron, grinning. Gui smiled at the toy in his hands and grabbed it like a kid and hugged it, forgetting about the question again.

“So…?” asked Aaron impatiently.

“Sure!” she said happily, still fiddling with the toy in her hands.

“Are you even listening…” muttered Aaron. Gui nodded, and grinned.

“It was a promise remember, if we ever met again,” stated Gui. Aaron grinned happily, and then suddenly there was awkward silence.

“Wait what…you’re my boyfriend now?’ asked Gui quietly.

“I would think so…” mumbled Aaron.

“Oh…how awkward…err…you want to go like eat lunch or something?” asked Gui. Aaron laughed at her. Gui took her bag and walked outside for the first time in two days. She was still tugging onto the toy. She pulled his arm and started running.

“Wait, we can just take the car,” said Aaron.

“Nah, I like taking the bus better,” said Gui.

“Ok then, when is it coming?” asked Aaron.

“Oh,” said Gui as she looked at her watch. “In 30 seconds.”

Together they ran for the bus, giggling to themselves.
But they missed it.

“You were too slow,” complained Gui.

“No i wasn’t. Potatoes run exceptionally fast,” replied Aaron, “Let’s go on my car...it’s brand new and its as hot as me.”

Before Gui could reply, an ice cream van was slowly driving down the street and cheerful music played along. Gui’s eyes widened. She hadn’t had ice cream in ages.

“Buy me one,” said Gui in a ‘cute’ voice.

“Ok sure, Mrs. Potato,” replied Aaron.

“I’m not Mrs. Potato,” said Gui.

“Whatever, let’s get the ice cream before the van goes,” stated Aaron.

And he bought her this massive triple choc flavoured icecream with extra ingredients. Gui was on a high. And like before, Aaron got a plain vanilla ice-cream. They waited for the bus chatting happily and they boarded.

“So where are we going?” asked Gui, eagerly. Somehow she hadn’t felt this happy in ages.

‘You’ll see,” he replied mysteriously.

After a rather long trip, they got off. They walked a bit and they arrived outside a bright building. There was a sign. Rock Climbing and Potato Chips.

“Nooooo,” shouted Gui.

“Yesssssssss,” shouted Aaron, as he grabbed her and pulled her towards the building. Gui had terrible experiences with rock climbing and she had a terrible fear.

“You want me to die,” screamed Gui.

“You won’t die, trust me it’s fun,” said Aaron, in a comforting manner, “And I’m paying ok?”

“You’re supposed to pay, idiot,” snapped Gui. She was extremely pissed now.

Some lady put on some harnesses and all that equipment on them while Gui was complaining.

“Aish, I won’t be your girlfriend anymore, i hate you idiot,” she yelled, “I can’t believe you’re doing this to me!”

The lady chuckled and people glared and laughed at them. She was already in her early twenties yet she acted like a little kid. Aaron pushed on her, and she gave up and decided to trust him in the fact that she wouldn’t die. She took a deep breath and took a first step and she screamed,

“OMIGOSH!” Aaron who was fast was already halfway.

“How dare you ditch me,” screamed Gui, then she took another step. “OMIGOSH.”

Then another step.

“OMIGOSH.”

Then another.

“OMIGOSH.”

And another.

“OMIGOSH.”

Nearly every step she took, she yelled OMIGOSH. And Aaron just laughed at her. When she reached the top. She slowly abseiled down, with her eyes closed. Within seconds she landed on the floor.

“See, that wasn’t so bad?” grinned Aaron.

“I suppose,” muttered Gui.

“And I recorded you, that’s our first memory of being together,” said Aaron, waving his phone.

Gui sighed.

She tried snatching his phone, but he was too fast. She gave in. Then Aaron took her to a big posh restaurant and they ordered so many dishes, including potatoes.

“Yummmm,” shouted Gui as she kept eating.

“You’re gonna get fat, lady,” said Aaron.

“Nahhhhhhh,” moaned Gui.

It was getting late, and Aaron sent her home. Before she went in, she did something unexpecting. She hugged and the Naruto toy he had given her was in between.
“Thanks for today,” she muttered shyly. Aaron smiled and shifted a bit and the toy fell to the ground and the next second their mouths were making contact.

Awkward.

They both didn’t move and stood frozen. Then Gui quickly broke away and ran inside her house. Then she opened the door and yelled “Bye.”

Aaron smiled from outside, finally he had won her heart after a long time.

Inside the house, Gui leaned against the door and smiled, feeling her heart beating and herself blushing.

"Well, see you later,' screamed Aaron from the outside and started to walk away. Gui slowly turned around and opened the door, looking at Aaron strolling down the path.
He turned around and smiled at her, and Gui returned it.

"I really can't believe we would meet again,' said Gui, as she walked towards him

"How did you find me anyways?" she asked curiously
Aaron grinned evilly.

"Ella told Chun who told me. But anyhow, remember when we use to argue over crap," said Aaron drifting away from the subject

"You what? You asked Ella for my address...Do you know how stalker-ish that is?" said Gui angrily but playfully.

"Sorry lady," he said and smiled. Gui sighed and relented.

"Remember the stupid old pig that
slept in our detention?" asked Gui

"Yes, we argued if he was a pug or an ape or something. Good days. Well...I'm off home now, have a nice day," said Aaron, and then surprisingly hugged her and patted her back like a little kid

"Bye bye," said Gui, and walked back inside

2 weeks later

“oh.” said Gui silently as she opened an email from a random site. She recognized it as the competition she had joined. She skimmed through it and gasped a little.

There was a feeling of mixed emotions, it read. Gui smiled. She didn’t even expect to get a reply. She didn’t win though, she didn’t come second, or third or fourth, but the story allowed her to replay the lost memories over in her head again of when they were young.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fin.
(The end)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks people for reading ^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We used to talk all night till the sun rose, and held hands till the sun went under the horizon. Let’s walk together like this forever, like light and shadow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~