Chapter 10

My Awesomely Stupid Friend

Chapter 10

Weirdos

Gui pulled Hebe up with all her strength, put her arm around her neck, and then she started dragging Hebe towards the sick bay. Not many people were sitting in that area, so no one really helped. Hebe was actually quite light, it was just Gui that was weak. She was trudging her way to the office when Aaron came walking along with Chun, heading up to the basketball courts. Aaron saw Hebe, and ran to Gui.

‘What’s wrong with her?” asked Aaron.

“Get lost you retarded jerk,” said Gui.

“I’m just asking what’s wrong,” said Aaron.

“Ask yourself” said Gui.

“Let me help you,” Chun suddenly said. Gui looked at him. He was much nicer and less flirty than Aaron.

“If you want,” muttered Gui.

Chun walked around Hebe, then grabbed her arm and put it around his neck and they both walked to the office together. Aaron walked behind them. Selina and Ella, who were also just walking around, saw Gui and Hebe and Chun and Aaron, and walked towards them.

”what’s wrong with Hebe?” asked Ella worriedly.

“She fainted,” said Gui.

“Let me help, thanks Chun,” said Selina, and took over Chun.

“So what did happen?” asked Ella.

“She fainted because of some reasons, because of that stupid gaybo back there,” said Gui. They reached the office, and they all walked in. They went to the sickbay and put her on the bed where the nurse came in.

This brings back memories, thought Gui, and things flashed back into her head of the time she hit Aaron with the ball. She shuddered at these thoughts. Hebe’e eyes suddenly flashed open, and she was sitting upright again. She rubbed her head, and then stared at everyone.

“I really did faint didn’t I?” asked Hebe. They all nodded their heads. The nurse gave her an icepack to put on her head for no particular reason, and then said she could leave if she wanted to. They all slowly trudged out of the sickbay.

After lunch, Gui was looking at her timetable, then sighed. Geography.

She and Hebe strolled into their classroom. It was the first geography lesson since before the holidays. Gui was always fretting this day, but it eventually came, and she felt strangely scared for some reason.

There was also a new teacher; he was much younger and skinnier than the previous teacher, and much nicer. Gui sat with Hebe at the back of the room. She stared around the classroom. No sign of that stupid Aaron Yan yet.

After a few minutes, he finally walked in bouncing a basketball. He looked around the classroom like always.

There was a spare spot next to Gui and a spare spot next to one of the flirty girls. He went to sit next to the flirty girls, and Gui looked at him for a moment. He looked back and smiled at her. Gui quickly glanced in another direction.

*************************************************************************************

After school, Gui walked towards the bus. She got on, and saw that most of the seats were taken. Weird, thought Gui, there never was this much people. Then she realised that her bus was going to take a new route around more train stations. Gui went and sat next to a guy that was one year younger than her.

Aaron came onto the bus and walked past her and sat in another spare seat. Gui was listening to her iPod, when she stopped for a while. She thought she had heard someone call her name. For a moment she thought it was Aaron, but that voice definitely belonged to someone else. She looked around. No one.

For the next few days, Gui knew someone kept calling her name, she just didn’t know who yet. She looked around. On the bus to school one morning, she saw that guy she sat next to the other day sitting there. She got out of her seat and sat behind his.

“Are you the one that keeps calling my name?” asked Gui. He looked at her.

“No, it was my friend’s,” he said.

“Well can you tell them to stop, it’s kinda creepy,” said Gui, then moved back to her original seating. Aaron from the back was staring at her confused.

During school, Gui was telling her friend about the random name calling. The guy that said his friends were calling her name was near them.

“You mean that guy?” asked Genie.

“Yes him,” said Gui.

“Oh his name is Calvin Chen,” said Genie.

“Right,” said Gui.

While Gui had that problem, Hebe still had her own ‘little’ problem. She kept it a secret from Gui. A few weeks passed, the yr. 8 boys kept calling Gui’s name and didn’t stop. Gui was hopeless in doing anything. They were one year younger, she felt that she couldn’t tell them off for some reason.
Hebe was walking to the station again one day, and Aaron and a big group of boys were in front of her. They walked so slowly, and Hebe wanted to overtake them, but she kept her distance away from them.

Aaron suddenly stopped to tie his shoelaces, and all his friends went ahead. Hebe kept walking and was son next to him. She was about to walk past him when he called her.

“Hebe,” he said. Hebe looked at him, then continued walking.

He started walking parallel to her.

“Remember the day you fainted,” said Aaron. Hebe nodded.

“Yeh, do you remember what I said?” he asked

“Something about you wanting to say something,” said Hebe.

“Yeh…”muttered Aaron.

“If you have nothing to say please leave me alone,” said Hebe.

“But-“ he was cut off by a loud voice.

“Hebe wait up,” said Gui, as she ran for Hebe and caught her by the shoulder. She didn’t recognise Aaron was there.

“Hi,” he said. Gui stared at him.

“He keeps annoying me,” complained Hebe.

“Get lost jerk,” said Gui. Aaron’s smile on his face dropped and then he ran after his friends.

“Why are you going to the train station today?” asked Hebe.

“Early…” muttered Gui.

Once they were at the station, Gui separated with Hebe and went onto platform one, while Hebe waked to platform 3.
Aaron was sitting down by himself at Gui’s platform. She walked straight past him and sat down somewhere.

“Gui…” said a voice from somewhere, the same voice she had been hearing for weeks and weeks.

“God dammit,” muttered Gui under her breath.
***
thanks to Yumi@Versahtyle for the poster ^^