Chapter 14

My Awesomely Stupid Friend

Chapter 14

Calvin's Failed Confession

After some time, Gui and Chun had gotten closer and Aaron, on the outside was cheerful but inside he was angry and he didn’t know why. One day, on the basketball courts, as usual, Gui and Ella were taking their strolls. As always they were having a loud conversation without really realizing that everyone could hear.

“OMG, I still can’t believe Chun didn’t know that me and Selina helped you,” said Ella.

“I know right. He’s just stupid,” replied Gui, happy.

“But I thought he was smart. He looks smart,” muttered Ella.

“Well…Chun still cant believe I won. I feel a bit bad, but I won thanks to you guys,” said Gui.

“Did I just hear that you got the smarty Selina and the beautiful Ella to stitch for you?” asked a voice that appeared from behind.

Gui and Ella turned around and found Chun standing there. Gui gasped and Ella stared at him in admiration.

“Did you just call me beautiful?” asked Ella, shocked.

“No,” replied Chun, “Well…my good buddy, it seems like you cheated,”

“Err…well yeah…” muttered Gui.

Before Chun could reply, Aaron came out of nowhere.

“Just let her win…she’s a girl,” stated Aaron.

Gui just stared at him and Ella started giggling.

“Oh fine…but let’s have another competition,” replied Chun, after thinking for a bit.

“Like what?” asked Gui, hoping that it wasn’t going to be something too hard.

“Hmmm…we’ll see,” and he walked off to continue to play basketball, and Ella had somehow wandered off. So somehow, it was only Aaron and Gui.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Let’s match make those lovebirds,” said Chun.

Ella was sweating. She had never talked to a popular guy in her whole life. And there he was talking to her. She just gaped.

“Er…who?” asked Ella, in a small trance.

“Uh duh, Aaron and Gui,” replied Chun, chuckling. He thought Ella looked cute, with her eyes wide open.

“Ok,” she replied, without realizing what she had agreed to.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awkward silence.

“So how’s life?” asked Aaron, finally breaking the silence.

Gui wanted to run away, but her feet were stuck to the ground.

“Fine,” she mumbled in reply.

Awkward silence.

Suddenly there was cheering and the whole atmosphere became louder. People started whistling and cheering. Gui and Aaron exchanged confused looks. A figure came into view jumping around and holding something. As he came closer they realized it was Calvin. He approached Gui smiling and Aaron stepped in front to defend.

“Hello Gui,” said Calvin in a sick voice, “I’m not gonna hurt you.”

“Just get lost idiot!” screamed Gui from behind.

“No, I have something to say that will affect both our lives,” replied Calvin.

“What then?” asked Gui pissed.

“Gui don’t listen to him. You go and I’ll deal with this ,” replied Aaron.

“No, Gui this is extremely important, I’ve always wanted to say this,” said Calvin.

“THEN WHAT? I DON’T HAVE TIME TO LISTEN TO YOUR BULLCRAP!” replied Gui.

“Well you see…” stuttered Calvin.

“Mr. Retard, I’m giving you 30 seconds,” said Aaron, annoyed.

“Well everyone’s way of expressing that they like someone is different, some guys would flirt, some would help them, some would talk to them and, some might give them gifts, and so on. But my way is just weird but that’s who I am. My way was just a bit of fun teasing, I was hoping to charm you. But I guess it was pretty stupid. So I’m really sorry. That guy next to you, you might think he’s better than you, but please give me a chance. Accept me or at least this tube of 5 Liter Ice Cream,” said Calvin really fast.

“DUDE. ANY GUY IN THIS WORLD IS BETTER THAN YOU. OK EVEN ZAC EFRON OR SOME AMERICAN CRAP,” screamed Gui in his face which caused a whole lot of attention.

“Please…even if it’s a day,” said Calvin.

“Dude, you heard her. Now get lost before I karate chop your jaw in half,” said Aaron fiercely, punching his fists.

Calvin got scared and slowly walked away unwillingly with the 5 Liter ice cream in his hands. Gui called him back.

“By the way, I’ll accept that ice cream but dream on I won’t ever accept you,” said Gui. And she walked back.

People laughed at Calvin for being such a failure and some of his mates even ditched him cause he couldn’t get a girl. But at least he learnt one thing: Never throw fruit peels at the girl of your dreams. But Calvin was embarrassed and humiliated.

“Am I really better than Calvin?” asked Aaron, curiously.

“Didn’t you hear me? I said any guy’s better than that guy with no life,” replied Gui, starting to eat the ice cream.

“Um…Gui, can I have some ice cream?” asked Aaron hopefully.

“Yeah, sure,” replied Gui, through mouthfuls. And she scooped a whole spoonful of ice cream in his lunchbox.

Aaron sighed with relief. His heart couldn’t finally chill. His mouth was filled with the nice feel of the cold and icy ice cream.

And he didn’t know why.