Chapter 1

My Awesomely Stupid Friend

 

The start of a new love story

Gui sniffed in the air of a nice sunny late winter’s day. She never really enjoyed nature, as she was more of a pessimist, but today, she just felt happy and hypoactive, for no apparent reason. She was sitting on her veranda, when a group of fail gangsta looking boys walked past her. They pointed their rude finger at Gui, and she being the angry her, threw a pot at them. It smashed into a million pieces and the boys got a shock and ran for their lives.

“GET LOST YOU IDIOTS, DON’T POINT YUR STUPID FINGER AT ME, AT LEAST TRY LOOKING SOMETHING LIKE A GANGSTA,” screamed Gui, as they ran away. A car pulled up the driveway of her house. Gui recognised that car straight away, it was one of her best friends Ella. Gui calmed down and sat back in her chair.

“What’s with the look Gui,” asked Ella, walking up the stairs.

“Those stupid teenage boys just had to walk past me and ruin my day, especially when it’s holidays,” explained Gui.

“Right, and I’m guessing you threw that pot at them. That pot costs money you know,” stated Ella.

“Yeh yeh whatever,” muttered Gui.

“But those boys walking past just bring back memories of when we were young. Though we weren’t as fail looking at them, at least we were cool,” said Gui.

“Well duh,” agreed Ella, and they giggled a little.

When Ella finally left for her boyfriend’s house, Gui trudged back into her home. There were so many books stacked everywhere, and there was little room to walk through. She had moved out of her parent’s home even though she was only in her twenties and still young.

Gui sat down at the desk in her room and sighed. She suddenly found a piece of paper; it was a competition to enter a book writing competition. Where did this come from? Thought Gui. She read the information and the prize, which was that story she wrote would be published as a book and it will be a good start to her writing career. Why not? thought Gui. She opened Microsoft word on her computer and sat there for a few second doing nothing. She read the information again and realised that it was to be a love based story.

Gui had no idea what to do. She wasn’t a cheesy person or anything of that sort, and she certainly wasn’t a flirty girl either. After many attempts to start her story, Gui finally gave up and lay back and thought. Memories started flashing back into her head, the times of the sad, the happy, it was all coming back. Maybe she could write about that, and the next moment she had written her first paragraph.

***

Gui Gui Wu, a short skinny thick-haired girl, waited in the line of the canteen, hoping that her favourite chips hadn’t run out yet. Her friend Ella was standing next to her, and they were half chatting, half teasing each other. After buying it, they slowly walked off, back up to their sitting place, a nice spot that was half sunny half shaded. As they trudged up the big fat steps, two boys came running along, towards their direction. Ella and Gui were too busy eating their chips to notice, and in a second, they had collided with Gui pulling on to one of the boys shirt, tugging him down with her, and Ella fighting for her balance. Their chips were all splattered over the floor and broken into pieces.

Ella gave in and was falling until that boy pulled her back. However, Gui was lying on the ground, in pain, with one of the boys lying on top of her. She used all her strength to push him off her, and lay on the cold hard ground, continuously saying ow.

Ella, who was standing up straight now, being hugged by a guy who she recognised to be Wu Chun, pushed him aside also and ran to help Gui up. Their friends, who were sitting at the tops of the big steps, ran down. As Gui was getting up, she looked at the guy that had collided with her. It was Aaron Yan, the most popular guy in the grade, known to be a player and a flirter.

“YOU IDIOT, CAN YOU LIKE WATCH WHERE YOU’RE GOING, I LIKE BROKE MY BACK,” screamed Gui in a high pitched voice.

“Chill lady, it was only an accident, I’m sorry,” said Aaron coldly. Gui glared at him, then turned her head to find her chips splattered over the floor.

“AND YOU KILLED MY CHIPS AS WELL YOU GAYBO,” shouted Gui.

Ella, and their friends, Selina, Hebe, Rainie and Genie were all crowding around Gui, helped her up and wiped the dirt off her back. Wu Chun, who seemed to be nicer than Aaron, asked if they were ok, in which Gui said no, but Ella being charmed, said yes.

“YOU STUPID IDIOTS!” screamed Gui, still in fury. Her back hurted a lot. Aaron walked off, without even asking if she was ok. Gui stuck her tongue out at him and then she and her friends walked back up to their spot, while Wu Chun followed Aaron away.

“Stupid Aaron Yan thinks he’s the best,” complained Hebe.

“We know you hate him Hebe, I’m pretty sure we all do, he’s a retard,” stated Genie. Rainie and Selina nodded their heads.

“Does someone have an icepack, my back is killing me,” exclaimed Gui.

“Well I doubt so, it is winter anyways, you should go down to sickbay,” suggested Rainie

Gui sighed. She couldn’t be bothered so they just all sat there for the rest of the break, complaining how stupid and gay Aaron Yan was and how stupid and gay his friends were.